1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I have both anakins. i think you’re right actually. When I look at these two photos I can’t tell what’s real and what’s a toy...That’s an insult to hot toys if you think the anakin sculpt is one of their bests
369f60351d66c81379035a9471b6e0d8.jpg
fd2f2dcda32aed27d8a284b23a7b8cd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about you pick a picture with lightin that matches the reference instead of some blown out piece of crap to prove a point.

NEWnEMs.jpg

up5M9q2.jpg

i5i343X.jpg

And if you have both in hand maybe check your eye prescription as it's needing a bloody update.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

How about you pick a picture with lightin that matches the reference instead of some blown out piece of crap to prove a point.

NEWnEMs.jpg

up5M9q2.jpg

i5i343X.jpg

And if you have both in hand maybe check your eye prescription as it's needing a bloody update.

Your constant defense proves my point. All I said originally was that the anakin sculpt is overrated. It’s a good sculpt just not as good as the obi wan. It’s good but not great. IMHO. Lmao this forums always good for a laugh when some collectors respond to criticism of figures as if their married to the doll. It’s just a toy dude no need to get personal. I didn’t talk about your mother.

Anyway back to obi wan. Great job hot toys. Way to improve from your anakin sculpt.

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Your constant defense proves my point. All I said originally was that the anakin sculpt is overrated. It’s a good sculpt just not as good as the obi wan. It’s good but not great. IMHO. Lmao this forums always good for a laugh when some collectors respond to criticism of figures as if their married to the doll. It’s just a toy dude no need to get personal. I didn’t talk about your mother.

Anyway back to obi wan. Great job hot toys. Way to improve from your anakin sculpt.

He has a good point though. If you want to make a serious point. don’t pick the most warped and out of proportion picture you can to prove your point. The pic you posted doesn’t really represent the figure very well. :lol

Both likenesses are good. But the OB1 does look a bit softer.

He has a good point though. If you want to make a serious point. don’t pick the most warped and out of proportion picture you can to prove your point. The pic you posted doesn’t really represent the figure very well. :lol

And tbh the sculpt still looks good in that crappy pic lol. But I agree that Obi is just as good if not better.

I am deeply sorry I transgressed the laws of toy photography posting. I repent in sackcloth and ashes for not properly showcasing your beloved anakins’ good side. Thank you to the sideshow freak priests who have shown me the error of my ways.

I am deeply sorry I transgressed the laws of toy photography posting. I repent in sackcloth and ashes for not properly showcasing your beloved anakins’ good side. Thank you to the sideshow freak priests who have shown me the error of my ways.

d7de1715e346e1d791662c81b749883e.gif

Besides the Mk. L which will be at my house this week, I am actually looking most forward to this figure out of everything besides IM.

Can anyone really tell me if I am going to be missing Anakin to display with Ben? I should clarify, I have the pre-Mustafar Vader (I refuse to call him that stupid name on the figure box) but with the base being the pan droid, it seems an almost standalone figure. Add that to the fact that Obi’s clothes are not singed by lava, I almost feel like I need a true Anakin to pose along side him.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Nobody cares that you don’t like the sculpt. It’s your opinion and it won’t change anyone else’s who likes the sculpt. You didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings, so don’t pat yourself on the back and give yourself credit for doing so.

However, if you are going to attempt to make a point, it’s an objective fact that you posted a poor photo of the figure that in no way matches the actual photo you posted for a good juxtaposition. Ignoring this fact and continuing to repeat that you don’t like the sculpt and that you’re “sorry” for hurting people’s feelings, is intellectually dishonest and indicates that you aren’t being genuine in attempting to support your position. Not that you even have to though, simply stating that you think the Kenobi sculpt is better is all that’s required, since you’re merely positing an opinion.

Nobody cares that you don’t like the sculpt, that’s your opinion and it won’t change anyone else’s who likes the sculpt. You didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings, so don’t pat yourself on the back and give yourself credit for doing so.

However, if you are going to make a point, it’s an objective fact that you posted a poor photo of the figure that in no way matches the actual photo you posted for a good juxtaposition. Ignoring this fact and continuing to repeat that you don’t like the sculpt and that you’re “sorry” for hurting people’s feelings, is intellectually dishonest and indicates that you aren’t being genuine in attempting to support your position.

First, I never said I didn’t like it just that it’s overrated. Second, who cares about anything posted on this forum? We’re just talking about toys. Thank God nobody cares about what I think about a toy. Third, your outburst once AGAIN proves my point that you’re taking this way too personal [emoji23]

I still dig the sculpt when it doesn’t have its tongue out.

First, I never said I didn’t like it just that it’s overrated. Second, who cares about anything posted on this forum? We’re just talking about toys. Thank God nobody cares about what I think about a toy. Third, your outburst once AGAIN proves my point that you’re taking this way too personal [emoji23]

Reread my post again, and focus on the points where I emphasize that nobody cares that you don’t like the Anakin sculpt. You ignoring this and continuing to repeat that people who don’t share your opinion are taking it “personal” and that you’ve “hurt their feelings” indicates that you are seemingly not attempting to have a genuine “discussion about toys,” but are intentionally trying to elicit emotional responses out of people and attempting to make yourself believe that you are by repeating it over and over. In other words, trolling.

You stating that you don’t like the Anakin sculpt is a subjective opinion. Again, which nobody cares about. However, the fact that you posted (likely intentionally) a washed out photo that makes for a poor juxtaposition is objective, regardless of which sculpt you prefer. If people pointing this out bothers you and you’re taking it personal, that’s your problem. Facts couldn’t care less about your feelings.

Reread my post again, and focus on the points where I emphasize that nobody cares that you don’t like the Anakin sculpt. You ignoring this and continuing to repeat that people who don’t share your opinion are taking it “personal” and that you’ve hurt their feelings indicates that you are seemingly not attempting to have a genuine “discussion about toys,” but are intentionally trying to elicit emotional responses out of people and attempting to make yourself believe that you are by repeating it over and over.

You stating that you don’t like the Anakin sculpt is a subjective opinion. However, the fact that you posted (likely disingenuously) a washed out photo that makes for a poor juxtaposition, is objective. If people pointing this out bothers you and you’re taking it personal, that’s your problem. Facts couldn’t care less about your feelings.

Ok Ben Shapiro. Once again, please quote me where I said I didn’t like the sculpt. Also, please quote me where I said every person who doesn’t agree with me is taking it personal. I only implied that the couple of guys who responded to my post by personally accusing me of having poor eyesight reveals that they in fact are taking it personal by resorting to personal attacks. Everything you are accusing me of is something I never said. I don’t care if you agree with me. You imply I am on a crusade to convert every anakin toy lover that the sculpt is overated. I never said that. The fact that you put these words in my mouth is once AGAIN another example of you taking the fact that I think anakin is overrated way too personal.

Also, your gripes with the quality of photo proves my point also. A truly great sculpt looks great no matter the lighting.

Ok Ben Shapiro. Once again, please quote me where I said I didn’t like the sculpt. Also, please quote me where I said every person who doesn’t agree with me is taking it personal. I only implied that the couple of guys who responded to my post by personally accusing me of having poor eyesight reveals that they in fact are taking it personal by resorting to personal attacks. Everything you are accusing me of is something I never said. I don’t care if you agree with me. You imply I am on a crusade to convert every anakin toy lover that the sculpt is overated. I never said that. The fact that you put these words in my mouth is once AGAIN another example of you taking the fact that I think anakin is overrated way too personal.

Also, your gripes with the quality of photo proves my point also. A truly great sculpt looks great no matter the lighting.

It’s an objective fact the photo you posted is washed out. Engaging in intellectual dishonesty won’t make that fact go away. You seem to be taking it way too personal that people are pointing this fact out.

It’s an objective fact the photo you posted is washed out. Engaging in intellectual dishonesty won’t make that fact go away. You seem to be taking it way too personal that people are pointing this fact out.

Ok so it’s washed out. Thank you for the compliment. Washed out photos are the best photos cause truly great sculpts still look great in washed out photos. Its the true test of a great sculpt, Just like truly beautiful women who don’t need great lighting, Botox, and makeup to look beautiful. FACT

Thanks for finally being intellectually honest about something.

Ha, says the guy who put several words in my mouth. BTW isn’t all honesty intellectual? You didn’t have to say “intellectually” Ben Shapiro

Ha, says the guy who put several words in my mouth. BTW isn’t all honesty intellectual? You didn’t have to say “intellectually” Ben Shapiro

You’re taking this way too personal. :wink1:

Besides the Mk. L which will be at my house this week, I am actually looking most forward to this figure out of everything besides IM.

Can anyone really tell me if I am going to be missing Anakin to display with Ben? I should clarify, I have the pre-Mustafar Vader (I refuse to call him that stupid name on the figure box) but with the base being the pan droid, it seems an almost standalone figure. Add that to the fact that Obi’s clothes are not singed by lava, I almost feel like I need a true Anakin to pose along side him.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Instead of arguing, maybe someone could give me some guidance regarding this ^^^

Whew...while it's "interesting" seeing such a lively debate over this figure, let's dial back the intensity a bit here please...getting a little close to PA territory here.

Thanks...and does anyone have some new shots of this one to share?

Back