1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

lmao

This forum is always good for a laugh.

The Anakin sculpt is one of the best they've ever done. It's even more impressive in hand.

I have both anakins. i think you’re right actually. When I look at these two photos I can’t tell what’s real and what’s a toy...That’s an insult to hot toys if you think the anakin sculpt is one of their bests
369f60351d66c81379035a9471b6e0d8.jpg
fd2f2dcda32aed27d8a284b23a7b8cd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Even if you took HT’s best done sculpt, if you can’t distinguish between what’s real and what’s a toy/figure, I think it’s time for an appointment with the optometrist. This isn’t The Indian in the Cupboard.

I passed on Anakin as I did not like HT Presentation (no regrets). This should have been a DX PER with both head sculpts. The strongest feature of Anakin was his eyes & brow. Eye articulation for this figure would have been perfect.

Side note: Below one of HT strongest sculpts.

920-roboCop.jpg

Could’ve fooled me. I would have thought that was the real one and this one was the toy:

suit1.jpg

Maybe we can just all agree that they should DX everything, so we'll all be happier?

Maybe we can just all agree that they should DX everything, so we'll all be happier?

Disagree. I don't want to be paying extra for DX Fett. I would like a DX Maul though!! Oh wait.....they are :yess:

Where did Obi-Wan go? :)

Exactly. So doesn't seem to be many reviews out there. Did none of the other reviews get him ? Is the headsculpt scaring everyone else off ?

I'm really undecided here. I want him to go with Anakin, but like everyone else am a bit annoyed by the change in headsculpt.

I'm still getting him. I think he will display just fine with Anakin. He even looks good with a Sideshow figure...very cool.

PREPARED FOR BATTLE.jpg

Imagine how cool Kenobi will look with Cody.

Even if you took HT’s best done sculpt, if you can’t distinguish between what’s real and what’s a toy/figure, I think it’s time for an appointment with the optometrist. This isn’t The Indian in the Cupboard.

There’s something in the English language called sarcasm, where you exaggerate something to make a point :lecture. My point being the proportions of the face are off. Where’s obi wan? Exactly, my original quote was that the obi wan sculpt has a better likeness than anakin. That’s all I said. I didn’t even say it was bad, just not great. But then some guys got their feelings hurt cause I seemed to have criticized their precious anakin dolls.

There’s something in the English language called sarcasm, where you exaggerate something to make a point :lecture. My point being the proportions of the face are off. Where’s obi wan? Exactly, my original quote was that the obi wan sculpt has a better likeness than anakin. That’s all I said. I didn’t even say it was bad, just not great. But then some guys got their feelings hurt cause I seemed to have criticized their precious anakin dolls.

Uh huh.

It's probably for the best that I don't have Anakin, as it just seems to make the Obi-Wan sculpt look even more generic in comparison.

It's probably for the best that I don't have Anakin, as it just seems to make the Obi-Wan sculpt look even more generic in comparison.

I’m the opposite. I have Anakin, so it’s probably for the best I don’t have Obi-Wan. :lol

I think they look great together too. Can’t wait to get mine.

I do have HT's Anakin, and I agree that it's somewhat overrated. Not a bad sculpt at all, it's just not that accurate IMHO. Neither does this Obi Wan sculpt seem to be, so all's well I guess... :lol

The more I look at it (the Anakin sculpt), the more I agree that it’s a bit off. It might be the seemingly slightly elongated head that’s throwing it off for me. However, I do think it’s one of HT’s best SW sculpts, so I suppose that’s a testament to how they have been dropping the ball on the likenesses for the majority of SW figures.

It has more momentum than a solid triple, but not quite a home run. I’d say they got thrown out at home plate with it.

Back