1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

What are they?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

What are they?

Master and Apprentice is a book that was released recently, but it’s also available in audiobook form, which is pretty cool because it has sound effects and stuff. Dooku Jedi Lost is exclusively a “radio drama,” aka an audiobook with a complete cast as opposed to just one narrator doing all the voices.

Dang, got the delay email from SS. My flex is pushed to 6/20... :/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Where do European retailers receive shipments from? US or Hong Kong?

I’m listening to it now! Then I’ll tackle the Dooku Jedi Lost because both stories tie in together. But why resist? Give in to the dark side....

Oh really, didn't know that they tied in. Awesome !

Really looking forward to the Dooku one because they have a full cast of voice actors. Should be amazing ! With some luck it'll start a new trend in Audiobooks.

Anyone read or listened to "Master and Apprentice" by Claudia Gray. Just finished the Audible version, so good.

About Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn when Obi-Wan was a young Padawan. Really worth a listen.

Have to resist getting Qui-Gon now !

I don’t think there’s one Claudia Gray SW book I haven’t liked. Can’t wait to finally open M&A.

Where do European retailers receive shipments from? US or Hong Kong?

My usual supplier, LCDN in Belgium, gets them from Hong Kong, albeit not very quickly.

I order from them too. That's why I asked. However, don't they get their batches from SSC which is official distributor in North America and Europe?

Got the delay email. Looking like it’ll be a nice birthday gift to myself:)

I order from them too. That's why I asked. However, don't they get their batches from SSC which is official distributor in North America and Europe?

All I know is that I've had issues with my Anakin order from them, and they stated that the figures had to be shipped back to Hong Kong for some safety stamps. However, that doesn't mean they get every figure from Hong Kong. They're definitely the cheapest place I've found in Europe (especially with 10% discount on every figure), so they're getting them from the right place, wherever they're getting them from.

Maybe you're right. I've asked about shipper box. They told me some figures come within them. Probably, figures obtained through SSC have them while those from Hong Kong do not.
BTW, I'm also in discount program. They are really cheapest in Europe. And when you include shipping and customs, they become even cheaper than getting from US.

Old story. LCDN had a deal with HT to sell their figures long before HT got the Star Wars licence and partnered with SSC.

When their joint venture with HT started, SSC put pressure on LCDN to force them into breaking their deal with HT but the retailer resisted. Doing so, they lost their right to sell SSC products but saved their direct connection to HT.

Old story. LCDN had a deal with HT to sell their figures long before HT got the Star Wars licence and partnered with SSC.

When their joint venture with HT started, SSC put pressure on LCDN to force them into breaking their deal with HT but the retailer resisted. Doing so, they lost their right to sell SSC products but saved their direct connection to HT.

Wow!

I'd say LCDN backed the right horse and got the best of that deal.

That's why they are pissed when I mentioned shipper box. Anyway, I salute them for their resistance.

I've been using LCDN recently. Pricing is pretty good so long as you're a member. I ordered the Deluxe Hulkbuster through them. Think I'll take a drive to Belgium and pick it up from their new shop.

Are they also the best price wise in Europe that you've seen ?

It used to be my go to shop but annual membership always bothered me. Moved to another Belgium based etailer (Myth Factory) later on https://www.mythfactoryshop.com/en/ as they offer similar prices minus the entry fee.

I also keep an eye on two other stores based in France DerivStore https://www.derivstore.com/ and Wastoys https://www.wastoys.fr/ though they tend to be at the tail end of the delivery chain.

Though mythfactory prizes are also good, they charge VAT for shipments outside of EU. And that alone negates its price advantage. But it seems like a better option for EU citizens.

LCDN is still the best option because of the 10% discount imo. Last year I got 12 figures with my membership and saved over £200 for a one off €30 membership fee. That’s like getting a free figure every year.

I totally get why one would opt not to pursue the Deluxe version, but weirdly, while I might get the Obi-Wan figure someday, all I really want is the Baby Luke accessory; I have a cool photo in mind for it. I'm hoping I can either trade some other Hot Toy accessories to someone for it, or pay someone for the privilege of borrowing the accessory for a photo shoot.

LCDN is still the best option because of the 10% discount imo. Last year I got 12 figures with my membership and saved over £200 for a one off €30 membership fee. That’s like getting a free figure every year.

Yep totally. I just had a look at myth factory and prices were 10-20 Euro higher.

If LCDN are getting direct from Hot Toys then there is one less person in the chain taking their bit, and potentially delivery time is also better.

10% off Hulkbuster Deluxe was significant too.

Back