Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

this is beautiful, man.

Untitled-2222.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

matrix69 thanks for the repositioning on the lit lightsaber tip..Easy done.. and still has a secure grip so I don't have to reglue it...you are the man :bow

Last edited:
And yet every pic I see it looks great! Who'd have thunk? It's made for photos.
Absolutely. I wouldn't have it displayed with the effect because it looks odd to my eye BUT it looks stellar in photographs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to just jump in with a "me too" but the action sabers blade does look rather cool in photos. For display not so much, but in pics, great! I'll be excited to have Ep 3 Obi vs Ani with both of them having the motion blade for pics

The regular Anakin figure actually doesn’t include the swoosh effect saber accessory, just the Sith version. Go figure, being that the PT was all about fancy saber duels as opposed to the OT. Yet ESB Vader includes it, even though there was really nothing fancy about his swordsmanship in ESB; the swoosh effect that comes with ESB Vader would go bettter with R1 Vader.

I think the reason why the regular Anakin doesn’t include it though is because he comes with the Dooku saber. I’m guessing, at least.

Here's my Luke from the Sideshow batch.
View attachment 416159
View attachment 416160

If you are doing a height comparison you should first note that ANH Luke’s hair is very big. Plus if you compare the heights of their features you’ll notice they are not the same height.
Eyes
9498ba81dc7b5940d2924cbb0494980a.jpg

Chin
1dd0dae4f14d82ad9ad66efd53f72b0e.png

Shoulders
9a4edc311d3ec83a25ab3672e30ef58b.png

Belt
57d965411d7fd2e197eb31ec58f75fd7.png

Knees
91a606d9001c65213b2bbb971f76019a.png

If you are happy with it that is great. Just wanted to make sure you noticed what I did.

I'm probably alone in this, but I kinda wish they had made this blade a bit thicker than their usual ones, given how huge and bright it was in the movie. The skinny green blade always seemed off to me with the old SS figure, and it does here as well.

The regular Anakin figure actually doesn’t include the swoosh effect saber accessory, just the Sith version. Go figure, being that the PT was all about fancy saber duels as opposed to the OT. Yet ESB Vader includes it, even though there was really nothing fancy about his swordsmanship in ESB; the swoosh effect that comes with ESB Vader would go bettter with R1 Vader.

I think the reason why the regular Anakin doesn’t include it though is because he comes with the Dooku saber. I’m guessing, at least.

Yeah, since I ordered Obi, I hopped on eBay to grab a blue swoosh blade. There was only one for sale and the price was actually good.

Yeah, since I ordered Obi, I hopped on eBay to grab a blue swoosh blade. There was only one for sale and the price was actually good.

If you have TLJ Rey on PO, she comes with one as well. But I’m guessing you don’t because I think that’s the only figure out that includes a blue swoosh effect blade, so it must have been parted out from one of those. :lol

Toy Anxiety would probably have them for cheap also (probably cheaper than eBay) whenever they get in a TLJ Rey and part it out.

I have to disagree with not having the swat effect for a display. I think it would look unique in a display case

One can just swap out the blades back and forth

Last edited:
I'm probably alone in this, but I kinda wish they had made this blade a bit thicker than their usual ones, given how huge and bright it was in the movie. The skinny green blade always seemed off to me with the old SS figure, and it does here as well.

I actually prefer the wider Medicom blade.
82a31e8cbd550fbd8e11dc9a25cb1565.jpg

175e61e30a7cd09ff63a4c666559971c.jpg

Medi(top)
Sideshow(middle)
HT(bottom)

Back