Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't BBTS get their Hot Toys figures supplied by Sideshow? How long is it usually for them to get the figures once Sideshow starts shipping?

Good question. I’ve got my second Luke coming from them and would be interested to find out when it might be shipping out.

Doesn't BBTS get their Hot Toys figures supplied by Sideshow? How long is it usually for them to get the figures once Sideshow starts shipping?

Yes, BBTS gets their stock directly from SS. That’s why they are usually the last of the retailers. They usually get their stock a while after SS gets it.

Has this guy had any QC problems? I feel like this is a record for Hot Toys! Nothing melting, staining, flaking or just decomposing in the first month :yess:

Dang. I sit down for some Chick-fil-A and come back to this thread looking for Jedi Luke; only to find some fellow Freaks mistaking this place for Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has this guy had any QC problems? I feel like this is a record for Hot Toys! Nothing melting, staining, flaking or just decomposing in the first month :yess:

The cloak has excess dye. Many people are hand washing it to prevent staining.

Dinking around with a sail barge stand today. I’m also seriously thinking about cutting on that fat suit.

52CACDD9-EEF6-49F2-9CC1-953691CF78D2.jpeg

Dang. I sit down for some Chick-fil-A and come back to this thread looking for Jedi Luke; only to find some fellow Freaks mistaking this place for Twitter.

I know right? What happened to the moderators? Three pages of nonsense. Anyone got an extra Luke they'd sell?

Straight out of box, just vest removed:

KUIUzS2.jpg

3LvlLV7.jpg

oNFTKxD.jpg

Sending the modded Hasbro stand-in to the back of the Jabba dio where he belongs (check out that "upgrade" Sideshow belt buckle vs the HT one - yikes:lol) though I do still like the feel of the Sideshow cloak:

chcolvV.jpg

Haven't had the bravery to put on the dye-rich HT cloak yet for a palace debut (and no, the HT cloak does have a slight whiff of purplish hue, but it's far from "purple" as some have said):

8rAY0Ug.jpg

Thanks.:hi5:

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that the foot portion of the boots on this fig seems a bit too long to me. It has been an issue on a few other HT boots but I noticed it more on Luke, maybe because things are slightly scaled down for him being shorter and on the slim. They aren't clown feet or anything, and it's only noticeable from the side view obviously, but it's noticeable.

Thanks for the replies. I saw August mentioned for another store, and I don't recall BBTS getting anything in that late before. Really looking forward to Luke!

Yeah, for mine (and others I've seen) it's the wonky studs to the right of the buckle, the 'scarf' part of the tunic being asymmetrical and such on each end and then that damn double sided glue tape crap they used to hem the cloak..bunching up/coming undone in some areas. Then again, what's considered quality control can vary greatly from person to person.

Will hopefully get some better pictures and a backdrop at the weekend so it's not blatantly a bedroom. Absolutely love the figure, somehow looks even better in real life.

20180703_194415.jpg

20180703_202524.jpg

20180703_203550.jpg

20180703_212724.jpg

Back