Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this figure looks awesome. I especially enjoyed this review:

https://youtu.be/h-JQgEmsiS8

something I cannot understand though is the lack of an ungloved lightsaber hand... I see the pics like the last one posted, and I cannot help but think that is not accurate. Gloved hand came later.

this figure looks awesome. I especially enjoyed this review:

https://youtu.be/h-JQgEmsiS8

something I cannot understand though is the lack of an ungloved lightsaber hand... I see the pics like the last one posted, and I cannot help but think that is not accurate. Gloved hand came later.

Do you mean a lit bare hand , because he does come with a ungloved hand that can hold the saber..three actually

0ne that has a bd wound
One that is bare for the opposite arm
One regular hand that can grip the saber

They can grip the saber and hilt, it just doesn’t light up. Only gloved hand has light up feature

sorry, yes, I meant the lit one.

It is great that they included the wounded hand, gloved and ungloved options, but maybe this time they should have found a different way to battery the lit lightsaber independently from the arm and hand.

They have trouble keeping the the light up saber accurate as it is. The thickness of the copper tube just before the blade emitter suffers from the electronics. Medicom was able to do a battery powered lit saber by itself for ANH Luke and ROTJ Vader. I guess HT just doesn’t have the time or money to invest in this type of tech.

I will most likely and eventually end up buying the plug in sabers for all my figures. Looks better and expensive but you can use them in any hand you want.

Mine came today. Really happy with how it came out. Notice the hair comes off for a "future accessories pack". Doesn't seem like hot toys not to make us buy another toy to get the endor look. Maybe they feel threatened by the sideshow?
a2eefb91e5b082ecfc86a2567855bc04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For those that have received this, does Luke look as fat in person as he does in a lot of the pictures? I go back and forth every day on whether or not I want to cancel this.

On one hand, Jedi Luke is my biggest Star Wars hero.

On the other hand, one of the only pop culture characters more important to me than Luke is Nathan Drake, and I already have a fat looking Nathan Drake in my curio, thanks to Sideshow. Not sure I want another fat figure.

Are people genuinely happy with this figure? Should I keep the faith and not cancel it?

For those that have received this, does Luke look as fat in person as he does in a lot of the pictures? I go back and forth every day on whether or not I want to cancel this.

On one hand, Jedi Luke is my biggest Star Wars hero.

On the other hand, one of the only pop culture characters more important to me than Luke is Nathan Drake, and I already have a fat looking Nathan Drake in my curio, thanks to Sideshow. Not sure I want another fat figure.

Are people genuinely happy with this figure? Should I keep the faith and not cancel it?

Nope, problem is the camera makes him look fat, just like the camera makes the expression look odd. This is arguably my favorite 12” luke I’ve ever owned

I don't think it looked fat to me in person. I did cut out the mid section on mine. it has great movement now that the midsection of the fat suit is out. I think that what was hindering articulation in the midsection. and some one else did that to there`s on here.

I get how everyone is kinda jaded on Luke, but the true test is in person. I totally was gonna pass on Daredevil til I walked into Timewalker's shop. Seeing the figure in person just blew me away and I bought the last one. A comic shop I went to had the Hulkbuster in a display case. No picture could really show how massive and impressive that figure is. Seeing is believing when it comes to collecting.

debcf30734ba3bbbdcc14c1187cf89ba.jpg

Hot Toys had me at the first pics when they just showed the boots!!! I’m so ready for this figure. I’m going to rock him with the grey vest on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is taking a long time to release, I've pre-ordered from a local store so I'll get one for sure. But thinking of getting straight from SS to get it faster, but us folks here in Canada always get charged import duty.......*****k!

I totally agree. Luke looks a lot better in hand and video and pictures doesn't do it any justice.
I get how everyone is kinda jaded on Luke, but the true test is in person. I totally was gonna pass on Daredevil til I walked into Timewalker's shop. Seeing the figure in person just blew me away and I bought the last one. A comic shop I went to had the Hulkbuster in a display case. No picture could really show how massive and impressive that figure is. Seeing is believing when it comes to collecting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back