Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really hoping they actually display the full set at SDCC -- Vader, Emperor in chair and Luke... and Royal Guard.

Can't imagine they'd give away their Vader and Palps like this without intending to reveal those fairly quickly too.

Yeah, that's too much of an epic display to pass up ! Especially at SDCC. Imagine the talk with Emperor on Throne with ROTJ Vader and Luke crossing blades in front with 2 Guards on each side of the throne.

I'm calling it !!!

Those teeth!... ugh... those teeth ruined wonder woman for me... but this is still super nice. Maybe just paint the teeth black so they're not so noticeable. Otherwise it's a super WIN

I have to agree... it's not a deal breaker, but I'd prefer if his mouth was closed. And I'd certaily love it if they gave us a 2nd head that looked like that.

But I'll still buy it as it is far and away the best looking ROTJ Luke I've seen and usually in-hand the slightly open mount doesn't look as weird as it does in photos.

It helps to combat against recasters.

No interest but I like the slightly open mouth expression. However I do think the teeth look a little too prominent in a lot of the shots, which makes it look like he's chewing gum or something. But in other shots where shadows obscure the teeth he looks great.

Annoying that he doesn't come with the Endor Gear. I mean, it's just a poncho and a helmet! And I agree, maybe one or two additional gloved hands would have made it perfect--at least one hand where he's reflecting on his robotic hand standing over a defeated Vader.
jedidigdeep.jpg

As I didn't think HT would include the Endor gear, I do expect that to be a con ex. next year with Biker Scout and speeder bike. That's the killer display for 2018.

I thought this one would indeed have come with the Endor gear and have been one of the "DX" releases that was mentioned by Howard Chan.

But Wor-Gar, I think you are right and it will provide HT with another chance at milking this iteration of Luke...

No interest but I like the slightly open mouth expression. However I do think the teeth look a little too prominent in a lot of the shots, which makes it look like he's chewing gum or something. But in other shots where shadows obscure the teeth he looks great.

Annoying that he doesn't come with the Endor Gear. I mean, it's just a poncho and a helmet! And I agree, maybe one or two additional gloved hands would have made it perfect--at least one hand where he's reflecting on his robotic hand standing over a defeated Vader.
jedidigdeep.jpg

lukes has come to do two things kick *** and chew bubble gum and he`s all out of bubble gum

I don't think we'll get more than what we see here:

20023987_1392885794113358_3034761907461186281_o.jpg

Usually when there are "deluxe" versions they show them all off at their store

4b4d7a12c6c06e8238df3da33349c92f.jpg

Awesome! Can't wait! Wished it wasn't so long from reveal to having it in hand though.

So this looks like its primarily a Jabba's Palace Luke, judging by the hands. Maybe when the release the Endor Luke they'll provide more than just a gloved fist for glove hand options.

Back