Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Nice Obi-Wan pics.

45185037192_47e2a21379_b.jpg

44324280605_0561ee7c60_b.jpg

44324280425_2886e82e1c_b.jpg

44324280205_df6a768352_b.jpg

Yeah , there are definitely 2 versions of this guy out there....

The fat suit is much more pronounced in alot of these shots. Mine is no where near that fat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fat suit is much more pronounced in alot of these shots. Mine is no where near that fat...

Do you mind showing us how the inner padding on your Luke looks like (if possible)? And as compared to the previous photos of the fatsuit shown be members on this thread previously? Much appreciated!

Or just a picture of him in general (or another if pics of him have already been posted). I can definitely understand if someone doesn’t want to unclothe their figure just to take a picture.

Yeah mine seems kinda more slender to me than some other figs but... maybe not.:dunno:lol

Maybe it comes down to the camera.

The waist belt on mine could maybe be tightened/futzed to get the torso/waist a touch more slender. that's the only area that seems a little thicker to me, but in-hand I didn't notice it.

KUIUzS2.jpg

Do you mind showing us how the inner padding on your Luke looks like (if possible)? And as compared to the previous photos of the fatsuit shown be members on this thread previously? Much appreciated!

Things are way busy for me but I will try to get to it..... this is straight out of the box....zero modding.

Heres the shots posted before. I pass him every day and am amazed at how much fatter some of them look...

fb8887ec2da4362f3db3ae0b3f5ba9bb.jpg
cb511850b02151b4af1b4047d7dac427.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Thanks guys! Appreciate the photos yall took. I do think it appears slimmer based on the photos? I'm quite interested as the one I saw in person looked considerably bulkier and fatter both from the front and sideways as compared to Luke in ROTJ. Hope the one I ordered won't be too fat. :pray:

It still bothers the hell out of me that they didn’t include a gloved hand for gripping the saber. I really don’t like the idea of having to constantly swap out the arm piece. I should try and just find a parted out hand but I shouldn’t have to do that.

I bought a right grip and pistol grip hand from TA and painted them black for now, I imagine the Endor figure will come with gloved hands you can intermix, just like the designed the head and hair for mixing.

Things are way busy for me but I will try to get to it..... this is straight out of the box....zero modding.

Heres the shots posted before. I pass him every day and am amazed at how much fatter some of them look...

fb8887ec2da4362f3db3ae0b3f5ba9bb.jpg
cb511850b02151b4af1b4047d7dac427.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That is pretty slender.

It still bothers the hell out of me that they didn’t include a gloved hand for gripping the saber. I really don’t like the idea of having to constantly swap out the arm piece. I should try and just find a parted out hand but I shouldn’t have to do that.

Agreed. I can understand not including a full set of gloved hands and save that for the Endor figure, but I mean I don’t think one extra saber gripping gloved hand would have been too much to include with this piece.

If they really wanted to equally mix and match, what they probably should have done is include the full set of bare hands for each arm with this figure and one gloved saber gripping hand (still would be compatible with the cuffs being that it’s almost a fist), and the LED saber arm with this figure be bare handed. Then with the Endor figure, include a full set of gloved hands and a few bare hands, and the LED saber arm for that figure be the gloved one.

The idea being this figure having an emphasis more on the first half of the film (cloak, Jedi tunic) while still giving a small option for a DSII look, while the Endor figure is more of an emphasis on the second half of the film (Endor gear, DSII).

Presuming the Endor figure would come with a hair piece as well, I kind of wish this release came with a hair piece that was more similar to this style:

luke-skywalker-lightsaber-1536x864.jpg

And the Endor figure come with the hair piece that came with this figure, being that he had that style more towards the end of the film.

I bought one of the Royal Guard gripping hands from Toy Anxiety and plan to paint it. Couldn't find too many gloved hands that looked similar.

Back