Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how the hell do you get Luke's pants off?

:D

After the myriad of jokes, it is an honest question. Guy's got no snaps, Velcro or hooks of any kind.

Show him a picture of his sister...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Dammit! I was going to say that!

0A72CA6A-40CF-4573-BCB5-BDD7630D77E7.jpeg

Just twist them along the arm and spray them wet. Let them dry. You'll be happy.

Meanwhile, some poor pictures of my partly futzed Jedi Luke... got him wet, squeezed the hell out of the fatsuit and put the belts on. I'm not 100% on cutting up that suit.

View attachment 422959

Without Jedi tunic or belt, still a bit wide...

View attachment 422960

You could try folding his pants in at the waist(you have to remove the Velcro first). It'll take away that high waisted look and make him look more slender. I did it for mine but I also removed the padding at the waist though.

how the hell do you get Luke's pants off?

:D

After the myriad of jokes, it is an honest question. Guy's got no snaps, Velcro or hooks of any kind.

Pop the boots off and squeeze his thighs together to make the waist area as small as possible. Then wiggle the pants down over the hips and they slide right off.

Ok. I wrote this thinking I could get through it without innuendo but I failed. LOL

The most difficult part is getting the pants back on. They get stuck in the groves between the thighs and pelvis. I used a toothpick as a shoehorn to get the waistband over the gap.

Need some advice if you guys don't mind. So my Luke came with a damaged art box. Sideshow offered to either credit me 20 rewards dollars or return it for a full refund. I'm kinda torn because I'm not exactly happy with the issues with this figure. If I knew they would do an updated version of this figure down the road, I would return it. But if that doesn't happen for 10 years, then I'd want to keep it and try and fix its issues. What are your guys thoughts?

No one can possibly predict HTs actions. It could be we don’t get one for years, or it’s possible they could go the scuzzy route and make the Endor Luke into a deluxe along with everything we already got. You always buy at your own risk unfortunately (though scenarios where they release a more full fledged figure than the initial one are rare)

But I always say it’s better not to collect just to ‘tick a box’

I say a figure is more likely. They’ve teased an Endor figure; nowhere have they specifically said there may be an accessory pack for this.

Who knows if Endor gear will end up being just an accessory pack.

Haven't seen HT release something standalone as an add on pack. These are what the 3rd party guys do.
So I'm inclined to think that it will be a full figure set. And to make a difference from the this current Jedi Luke, the Endor version will not have the cape.

Back