Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5f2ed0d9b3a96f12202b6b03ade4274c.jpg

To show just how far we've come in a few short years...

and we've even come further from this...
review_ssjediluke_4.jpg

The ultimate "look how far we've come".

s-l225.jpg

For those of us who've been collecting long enough.
I used to have that Hasbro luke jedi figure for a long time until some several years ago I gave it to my nephew. until that time it was the best likeness of mark Hamill there was.

I remember people complaining in 2006 that Sideshow Luke's hair wasn't 'yellow' enough -- they were remembering their Hasbro 3 3/4 inch and the doll above.

I could only find a pic of the second release which had blonde hair, I have the original from the Bib Fortuna 2pack and it had correctly brown hair, but it was glossed which ruined the whole look.

I remember back in the day when i got it, scratching my head why the 4" figures were blonde.

Not sure if anyone noticed but in the product accessory shots Luke's lightsaber arm is inaccurately gripping the saber at its base, which would make him lefthanded. It should be gripped closer to the hilt of the weapon, where his left would be below it. Rewatched some footage last night and the only time he holds it in the left-handed position is when he reclaims (force-grabs) his saber from the the Emperor.

Not sure if anyone noticed but in the product accessory shots Luke's lightsaber arm is inaccurately gripping the saber at its base, which would make him lefthanded. It should be gripped closer to the hilt of the weapon, where his left would be below it. Rewatched some footage last night and the only time he holds it in the left-handed position is when he reclaims (force-grabs) his saber from the the Emperor.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Looks like you can pose him correctly or incorrectly.

That's interesting, could HT have developed a new technology for the hands and light up saber, clearly photos have his hand in tow different locations, maybe that's why a lack of right grip hand, maybe you can remove the saber now and so you could put the unlit in the same hand, very curious, good spot.

Well then, that seems a bit foolish on HT's part, make people think the figure will be capable of something it isn't, also speaks to how people thought the saber arm would be more poseable than ANH look, it probably won't be, the range show in pics is because it's a standard grip hand and saber, not electronic. I'm sure we'll get a saber gripping gloved hand with the final product, it'd be a big miss to exclude it. I wonder if they'd also include a flesh saber arm so you could have the electronic option for a tattooine look since he held the saber without a glove there.

The difference with Jedi Luke is that the only gloved saber holding hand is the one attached to the saber whereas Farm boy Luke had a set of saber holding hands apart from the fixed, lit arm hand.

The difference with Jedi Luke is that the only gloved saber holding hand is the one attached to the saber whereas Farm boy Luke had a set of saber holding hands apart from the fixed, lit arm hand.

Definitely true, I just think that's what is likely going on in these pics. Hopefully they realize this and include a regular gloved gripping hand.

I was just basing it off of this image of the fixed lightsaber arm. I would just think that they'd make it so the permanently fixed gloved hand would be up higher.
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 11.46.45 AM.jpg

I'm inclined to think the theory that none of the photos have the electronic saber arm in use is probably accurate, I don't know much about electronics but I can't imagine how they could do a connection between the hand and hilt that would power a bulb in the saber while allowing the hand to be located anywhere on the hilt, I would think it is hard wired and has to be kept in place.

Back