1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted sideshow to find out why my order has been taking so long and they replied: " We tell our customers orders can take up to 3 business days to ship " . I have never heard that nor has any of my past orders ever taken that long to ship. If they couldn't get it done on the 13th or 14th fine send out some kind of notice of delay.

Had to cancel this. Bummed. Such a great looking figure but I had to choose between this and Groot. Can't wait to get that groot figure in. So many posing options

Looks great with Rocket Jaymig!

Some different poses with the long coat and one with the short jacket:

32a440ce9155b98849fdc2eccb5f6b83.jpg

69d353eb5934163b48d418882064ab84.jpg

32aed90d77491cda92a3147a43417a8c.jpg

59308a3780d7dae0d2bbaf425d3cc11a.jpg

I contacted sideshow to find out why my order has been taking so long and they replied: " We tell our customers orders can take up to 3 business days to ship " . I have never heard that nor has any of my past orders ever taken that long to ship. If they couldn't get it done on the 13th or 14th fine send out some kind of notice of delay.

I’m guessing Sideshow is getting a lot of orders between the promotions (I had some $20 off for Marvel stuff) and sales they have been running since Thanksgiving, plus the usual increase in number of orders due to the holiday season. My SL charged on Wed and shipped on Friday. I also picked up a few SW:TFA HT that were on sale and they took an extra day or two to ship in early Dec

I've been having this issue since last spring. It's a 4 week process. Week one: email of payment date. Week 2: payment taken. Week 3: ship. Week 4: arrive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OK i got my starlord today and so far its a great figure quality wise but i had issues as usual. First off one of the hand pegs snapped off and i spent 20mins getting the wrist peg out and digging the peg out of the hand. Then i had issues with the masked head, i couldn't no matter how much force i applied get it to go on the neck. It's the neck joint it's terrible and has no articulation in it. The starlord head works good cuz ball joint moves but the masked head is solid plastic due the light up feature.

I also don't know how the guns go on the holsters, the instructions aren't very clear and i was afraid of snapping the plastic or something. Though i plan on keeping him posed with the guns anyway. Anyways that was my day with this figure, more bad than good but i love the figure itself. I like that baby groot has a magnet in his ass :lol

Does anyone know of a fix with this issue of the neck area? It seems to have just sunk into the body :(

zFFQx0P.jpg

uo1hajz.jpg

This is a great figure. I believe this was mentioned earlier in the thread, be careful with the long coat because the metal type studs come off easily with the weak glue and can get lost.

Also had some trouble getting the zipper all the way down and off on the short jacket but if you carefully work the zipper it will slide off if stuck. The black paint on the zipper buckle does flake off if you use your nail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is coming tomorrow! Now it's time to start listing my vol 1 Star-Lord on eBay

Why not keep him and use yhin extras to make two Starlords? Lol

Mine is out for delivery today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about that, but space is an issue and I dunno.. I guess I'll think about it. I have so many pre orders and due to space, I've had to box up some figures and shelf them for now. It's heartbreaking

Got mine yesterday, several issues with him, which caused me to kit-bash my Vol. 1 version with this one
to make my perfect Starlord.

The short red coat had stained the neck… which is too thick and the color of skin does not match the head sculpt,
to which I was like… what the hell?

Overall, I think the Vol. 1 version trumps this guy, especially in the outfit area.
I like the original long coat better, used the new head sculpt with the phasing mask and the orange pads for the headphone set
and swapped out the boots (which are nicer on Vol. 2) and I think he looks pretty good.

The neck is not totally flush with the head, but it is not totally noticeable so I am happy with it.
The rest of this deluxe set is off to eBay.

Got mine yesterday, several issues with him, which caused me to kit-bash my Vol. 1 version with this one
to make my perfect Starlord.

The short red coat had stained the neck… which is too thick and the color of skin does not match the head sculpt,
to which I was like… what the hell?

Overall, I think the Vol. 1 version trumps this guy, especially in the outfit area.
I like the original long coat better, used the new head sculpt with the phasing mask and the orange pads for the headphone set
and swapped out the boots (which are nicer on Vol. 2) and I think he looks pretty good.

The neck is not totally flush with the head, but it is not totally noticeable so I am happy with it.
The rest of this deluxe set is off to eBay.

does the phasing mask fit the vol. 1 head sculpt? could you take a pic?

Back