1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS owners: more quad definition, better V-tapered torso, improved articulation, newly sculpted face sculpts, smaller butt

BvS owners: No! Quiet! Everything's the same except the suit color.

:rotfl

Thanks for that comp vid guyver. Pretty much all I needed to know.

Not a fan of the huge cape at all. I'm glad the Bat symbol isn't covered up this time, but overall I'd say the BvS figure looks a bit better in those comparison shots.

According to his video, the suit has a yellow-ish rusty coating.
The chest and abs are thicker.

The body they use on both figures may be the same, they may just glue the stuffing material either to the suit or to the body.
I will unzip the suit to find out after I receive my ss batman.

A popular mod in China is adding putty to the bvs body to make it look much more muscular.

TB2P8Ned00opuFjSZFxXXaDNVXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728 (1).jpg

TB2P6rmrbXlpuFjSszfXXcSGXXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728.jpg

TB2e9XgXiGfF1Jjy0FjXXXZdVXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728.jpg

I wish they gave the SS version more facial hair like Batfleck is supposed to have in the film but I like the lighter shade of the suit

It doesn't seem to cover the bat symbol this time which is a good thing. And other than the suit being a little lighter, I can't really see any changes in the body itself. While watching the video I couldn't tell which was which until he put the heads back on. That's not a bad thing though, as the BvS figure is already very nice.

Some of the cowls on the BvS Batmans also didn't cover the logo. At least mine doesn't.

You're right indeed, I know others have said that theirs doesn't cover the symbol too. I wish mine was like that, but it's honestly not a big deal to me.

It doesn't seem to cover the bat symbol this time which is a good thing. And other than the suit being a little lighter, I can't really see any changes in the body itself. While watching the video I couldn't tell which was which until he put the heads back on. That's not a bad thing though, as the BvS figure is already very nice.

I have this on preorder and think exactly the same thing. if I'm only had the bvs version, the chest is an easy fix, so I won't really need to buy this version. changes to muscle definition unnoticable and not really necessary as both looks good at least in my opinion.
as for the accessory, those who picked up the exclusive version of bvs should be happy as you can get the rebreather from deadshot.
in fact, I might sell my SS batman as soon as I get it and save it for another JL figure :dunno

According to his video, the suit has a yellow-ish rusty coating.
The chest and abs are thicker.

The body they use on both figures may be the same, they may just glue the stuffing material either to the suit or to the body.
I will unzip the suit to find out after I receive my ss batman.

A popular mod in China is adding putty to the bvs body to make it look much more muscular.

View attachment 359908

View attachment 359909

View attachment 359910
You have more picture of mods? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah ok yes, I see that now.

You're right indeed, I know others have said that theirs doesn't cover the symbol too. I wish mine was like that, but it's honestly not a big deal to me.

With the head titled down as far as it will go on mine, the furthest the tip of the cowl goes is right up against the tip of the logo to where there's barely any gray of the suit showing in between the two, but never actually overlaps and covers the logo. Like you said though, even if it did, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I think it was ClipperKing who stated in his review that if a little thing like that caused you not to buy the figure, then you probably didn't want it that bad to begin with.

Even with this SS version, it wouldn't be enough for me to feel the urge to trade it for this version.

You have more picture of mods? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I believe there are quite a few of them modded that way if you google it or search the bvs batman forum for pics.
It depends on where and how much putty they add, some of them need to have the belt modified in order to fit the bigger body.

This one below is owen's work, modded body with a repaint.

TB2Jf2NcQonyKJjSZFtXXXNaVXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728.jpg

Is this the BvS or SS Batman? Either way, this is a really good pose.

It is a modded bvs batman.
I think that mod is probably too subtle to most people unless they can see it in person.

I'm pretty sure it's the BVS version with the modded body (as referenced in the post) with the Tony Mei cape.

Yes, bvs version but with the Jaxon cape, I believe.

Owen's modded BvS Batman is life.

How would someone go about removing the suit and getting to the body, and then putting it back on? Would you have to stitch it up again?

Owen's modded BvS Batman is life.

How would someone go about removing the suit and getting to the body, and then putting it back on? Would you have to stitch it up again?

I prefer paying someone who has more experience in doing this mod for me.
Those skilled people in China will only charge you less than $30 doing this mod for you, but the international shipping is a *****. lol

The suit is stretchy with a backzip.

The best mod ever. He looks so much better with leg extentions.

I have been buying and trying those foot peg extensions, none of them is working well.
My figures have loose feet with those elongated foot pegs.

I hope the Tony Mei one will hold up nicely.
How much does he charge? I want to try his design.

I just got the bvs one and this guy is massive! i don't see a reason personally to bulk him anymore than he already is. only little thing that is bugging me is his oblique muscles on the right of his body are non existent while on the left they are popping out.. guess my bats likes to do his P90X crunches to only one side! ha

I just got the bvs one and this guy is massive! i don't see a reason personally to bulk him anymore than he already is. only little thing that is bugging me is his oblique muscles on the right of his body are non existent while on the left they are popping out.. guess my bats likes to do his P90X crunches to only one side! ha

Defective

Back