1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just not going to buy any more figures from this BvS line. I am running out of room anyway for duplicates. IMG_2981.jpgIMG_2977.jpg

I am just not going to buy any more figures from this BvS line.

That's fair.. Looks like its just not for you man.
Majority of us have no issues, so for most of us, its a shame to think of skipping the BvS figures cause the whole line have been a home run for Hot Toys.

But at the same token, these figures are expensive, so it can be heartbreaking when you are on the receiving end of a bad figure.
Hopefully if you collect the JL, you have no issues.

This goes back to my original post: I have the whole BvS line, and I was considering picking the SS Batman, but I am fed up with the materials they used for this line.

I have never had an issue with the HT figures, and I think I have every Bat they've released.
I can't say I treat these with kid gloves either. I like to mess around with them and basically have fun with them.
They get handled a lot , moved around and are generally well used.

I don't expect them to last forever - nothing does.

Anyways, fir now - this guy is one of the most dynamic Bats in the collection.

Are you going to keep him like that? The clamps of the stand might damage the suit. It happened with the BvS Superman. Just a warning.

I've had this guy in various flying poses since getting him.
It's not obvious but he is overhanging at about 45degrees.
I can see me keeping him like this as I think it works well.

I've had Chris Reeves Supes in various flying modes on the clamp since it came out.

It doesnt look like you need to buy more. You already have a good setup going.

Yeah, I am very happy with it. However, my BvS figures have deteriorated very slightly and that is heart breaking, since they are my favorite designs. My BvS SR Ex has some peeling in the underarm area, and I noticed my Armored Batman has this weird damaged part of the crotch of the suit that I cannot explain IMG_2973.jpg so it is all really frustrating.

I have Jerome, Ghost Rider, Punisher, BD Armored Bats, and a few more coming up.

Yeah, I am very happy with it. However, my BvS figures have deteriorated very slightly and that is heart breaking, since they are my favorite designs. My BvS SR Ex has some peeling in the underarm area, and I noticed my Armored Batman has this weird damaged part of the crotch of the suit that I cannot explain View attachment 364103 so it is all really frustrating.

I have Jerome, Ghost Rider, Punisher, BD Armored Bats, and a few more coming up.

Sorry mate, welcome to my world. :'(

My SR exclusive got the armpit peel, broke my heart too. I bought a second tech cowl version, armpits are fine at the moment, but it came with a peeling on his thigh from being attached to the box with a bit of suit deterioration under the cowl.

My Armoured Batman has all sorts of crap going on with it. I guess these figures are just going to destroy themselves. Sorry to hear it's happening to you!

EDIT: I would refrain from stating damage is due to how they're treated. I mean from Mcas' pictures looks like he deals with them well. Me, personally I live in a downstairs apartment in the UK, I handle all my figures with gloves on and don't do extreme poses. Some of these figures come damaged out of the box, other times they just deteriorate. I don't think they're going to dissolve away, however if you like a pristine figure I think disappointment is on the cards because they will probably deteriorate a little, it just depends how much a little bothers you. Something under the armpit might not, because it's not really a big thing. However, when you know you're treating it like it's a newborn, and it does get damaged, that's why I can see people get upset with these things!

I was on a cruise when this guy got listed for PO and it was sold out long before I got back. Because it was a limited edition, I figure the only way I would be able to get it would be to pay premium prices. No sense in waiting, so I snagged one from Timcent off the bay.

First off, this guy is as much of a beast as his BVS brother. All the accessories of the BVS regular version + the re-breather and the wired cape.

The shoulders are wider and the quads are bigger, other than that the body is pretty much the same. I think the biggest improvement is the suit. It's made of fabric and the grey is just a smidge lighter with no rubber coating. I don't know how long the fabric will hold up in the long run, but right now it looks great.

The other big thing is the cape. There is a lot of it and it has 4 wires running through it for posing. It takes some time to futz but it can be made to look pretty good. I don't have any other 3rd party capes, so I can't tell you how it compares to the others, but it seems pretty nice to me.

Her's a few pics right out of the box

Attachments

• IMG_4498.JPG
    IMG_4498.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4500.JPG
    IMG_4500.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4476.JPG
    IMG_4476.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 266
He looks cool, until you scan down to the legs. I'm sure it's the position! And the last one - there is something strange going on in the crotch. Wish I had this figure, but maybe I would keep the legs closer together. ;)

He looks cool, until you scan down to the legs. I'm sure it's the position! And the last one - there is something strange going on in the crotch. Wish I had this figure, but maybe I would keep the legs closer together. ;)

Nah
It's the same as the bvs version, u have to futz the suit up so it's doesn't sit so low in the crotch area.
He's gotta lot of empty space in those bat pants :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on a cruise when this guy got listed for PO and it was sold out long before I got back. Because it was a limited edition, I figure the only way I would be able to get it would be to pay premium prices. No sense in waiting, so I snagged one from Timcent off the bay.

First off, this guy is as much of a beast as his BVS brother. All the accessories of the BVS regular version + the re-breather and the wired cape.

The shoulders are wider and the quads are bigger, other than that the body is pretty much the same. I think the biggest improvement is the suit. It's made of fabric and the grey is just a smidge lighter with no rubber coating. I don't know how long the fabric will hold up in the long run, but right now it looks great.

The other big thing is the cape. There is a lot of it and it has 4 wires running through it for posing. It takes some time to futz but it can be made to look pretty good. I don't have any other 3rd party capes, so I can't tell you how it compares to the others, but it seems pretty nice to me.

Here's a few pics right out of the box

Congrats Bo, looks like you made a good decision. IMO, these will be going for north of $400 soon. It's just bat-ass.

But, as I've said before, if you have a BvS, you don't need this as well, that is a great figure in it's own right, one of the best 1/6 figs made last year.

Her's a few pics right out of the box

It's made of fabric? Are you sure, it looks the same material as the BvS one to me - can anyone clarify that it's made from a fabric and not some sort of rubber like BvS?

From everyone I hear the suit is a different material and feel, maybe with this release they fixed the peeling issue on this and the new battle damage armored Batman

Back