1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

It's because of releases like this, HT needs to Explore the possibilities of "expansion packs". If it's the same exact figure with NO visual differences, how bad of an idea can an "extras" pack be? The breather, Affleck HS, gadgets from SS. This might potentially not sell all too well....

Then again, some went ape$#!+ and actually thought a captain America "battling version" was a good purchase. So who knows, maybe it will sell after all.

I'm keen for this one. I like the idea and subtle change. It's a different look for my collection so I will order him.

His suit looks darker overall.

I think it's the exact same other than the sculpt. I'm not seeing a darker colored suit. At first I thought maybe the gold parts were removed from the gauntlet spikes and boots but looks like it's still there.

It's because of releases like this, HT needs to Explore the possibilities of "expansion packs". If it's the same exact figure with NO visual differences, how bad of an idea can an "extras" pack be? The breather, Affleck HS, gadgets from SS. This might potentially not sell all too well....

:goodpost:
One of the best posts I've read in a long time.

Again, isn't Bats supposed to have visual differences? I think HT just rushed this in.

His SS suit is all black, no gold bits. or at least, looks like he air brushed black onto all of the gold bits.

I'd love accessory, weapon and head sets for like $100. An RPG, pipe, and new headsculpt for Ledger Joker. A beret, tie, and new flesh make up head for Nicholson Joker. A bolo grapple, some smiling, angry mouthplates, the glider and damaged/bloodied head for Keaton Batman. A new sonar head, mouthplates and a few odds and ends for Bale Batman. A few accessory sets for more Adam West Batman and Robin aresenal. Updated portraits and guns like the gas grenade launcher for the T-800 and T-1000.

But Hot Toys would never do them. Why go through that when they can get more $$$ for full figures that use the same body, accessories, etc. It'll never happen. This is the closest we've gotten to such a set.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yeah they can sell plenty of full figures with minor changes. They should include an Affleck HS and it would outsell the original release!

I agree extras packs would be a cool idea but I can see why they don't do them. Why do that when they can sell a full figure and make more money? Especially when it's a popular character that will sell anyways.

I would be more inclined to buy an accessory pack then +$200 for a figure that only has one small minor change from original version.

I'd love accessory, weapon and head sets for like $100. An RPG, pipe, and new headsculpt for Ledger Joker. A beret, tie, and new flesh make up head for Nicholson Joker. A bolo grapple, some smiling, angry mouthplates, the glider and damaged/bloodied head for Keaton Batman. A new sonar head, mouthplates and a few odds and ends for Bale Batman. A few accessory sets for more Adam West Batman and Robin aresenal. Updated portraits and guns like the gas grenade launcher for the T-800 and T-1000.

But Hot Toys would never do them. Why go through that when they can get more $$$ for full figures that use the same body, accessories, etc. It'll never happen. This is the closest we've gotten to such a set.

View attachment 279479
View attachment 279480

Yeah they can sell plenty of full figures with minor changes. They should include an Affleck HS and it would outsell the original release!

I agree extras packs would be a cool idea but I can see why they don't do them. Why do that when they can sell a full figure and make more money? Especially when it's a popular character that will sell anyways.

As much as I admire HT for their craftsmanship, I absolutely hate them as a business.

It's what businesses do though. As much as they give us things we want ultimately they're in it to make money. You can't really fault them for it. We may not like it but it's reality.

I would be more inclined to buy an accessory pack then +$200 for a figure that only has one small minor change from original version.
Thing is in this case it's a new sculpt with the breather on. I can understand why they wouldn't want to start selling sculpts individually because if they start doing that there's less incentive for people to buy their figures.

Looking at the costume's fit on this one, makes me look foward too more the BvS Batman. I hope it comes out the same.

Yawn. I get variants like Demon Batman from BB as they totally make sense, but this? geeez

Yeah, as is this figure has almost no value. Who needs a little oxygen mask? Weird.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Batman Collectible Figure

I actually like how the breather mask looks on the sculpt but I'd rather have the Batman V Superman version if this is the only sculpt the figure comes with. It also seems fairly bare bones aside from the handcuffs it comes with. This almost seems like it would make more sense as an exclusive or something rather than a normal release. I almost wonder if it will be and its just being shown here.

Back