1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I'd be too paranoid about a reissue with Whiplash just being revealed, but even then it wouldn't release for another year if it was reissued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an opportunity to get this for 700 USD in good displayed condition. Is it worth it? Kinda really want it and kinda hate paying twice as much as retail.

It's a great figure - whether or not it's worth it is dependent on how much you want it. Are you trying to complete a line and absolutely need the figure? Would you rather be spending $700 on maybe a Mark VII and another figure? For me personally, I buy almost every iron man figure, but even if I was missing a Mark V - I would not pay $300 over the original price for it.

I agree it's a great figure but i'm one of those that if i missed i missed it. I mainly collect IM/WM figures so i own it but if i did not i would never pay that much over retail for it. It's all up to you if you really want it and have the cash.

On a side note my friend dropped around $1,400 on the Mark 47 (MISB) around 1 week before the reissue announcement was made by Hot Toys. Worst timing ever :slap

On a side note my friend dropped around $1,400 on the Mark 47 (MISB) around 1 week before the reissue announcement was made by Hot Toys. Worst timing ever :slap

Your friend should try his hand at the stock market...seems like he's got excellent timing! :lol

Also, I can't feel too bad for your friend if he was willing to drop $1,400 on a 1/6th HT figure...he knew damn well what he was doing.

Your friend should try his hand at the stock market...seems like he's got excellent timing! :lol

Also, I can't feel too bad for your friend if he was willing to drop $1,400 on a 1/6th HT figure...he knew damn well what he was doing.

LOL funny thing is that he day-trades and he's been doing quite well during the past few years. I suppose its all relative on what people consider "expensive" or overpriced. He really wanted it and he had the excess funds to obtain it, so why not, I suppose. But yeah, I'm in the same boat as many of you - I personally can't justify that much on a single figure, even if I had the funds sitting around collecting dust.

LOL funny thing is that he day-trades and he's been doing quite well during the past few years. I suppose its all relative on what people consider "expensive" or overpriced. He really wanted it and he had the excess funds to obtain it, so why not, I suppose. But yeah, I'm in the same boat as many of you - I personally can't justify that much on a single figure, even if I had the funds sitting around collecting dust.

Well I guess his luck in the markets influenced his decision, but regardless, I agree with you...no matter how much disposable income you have, $1400 for a regular 1/6th scale collectible is absurd! Let him eat his cake I guess...

Already have it so nothing exciting. Still waiting for MK1 3.0 :impatient:

Same here. I need 2 Mark 1s then I'm out. I have everything I want from Hot Toys.

Pass on the possible Mark 5 reissue (I already have two and multiples of others).

Being a collector of Hot Toys really isn't about collecting it's just sitting and waiting around for another reissue. You lose that special quality about trying to achieve something.

Moving onto statues and 1:1 prop replicas where quantities are limited and without reissue mentality constantly.

Happy for collectors who missed out, but it really does take out the specialness of these pieces with the constant reissuing.

Same here. I need 2 Mark 1s then I'm out. I have everything I want from Hot Toys.

Pass on the possible Mark 5 reissue (I already have two and multiples of others).

Being a collector of Hot Toys really isn't about collecting it's just sitting and waiting around for another reissue. You lose that special quality about trying to achieve something.

Moving onto statues and 1:1 prop replicas where quantities are limited and without reissue mentality constantly.

Happy for collectors who missed out, but it really does take out the specialness of these pieces with the constant reissuing.

Welcome to the Dark Side my brother =)

I know I’m new to collecting hot toys (started collecting earlier this year) but I’ve got and had a lot of hobbies with limited edition runs, collectors editions etc and a new version/edition has been released some years later and I’m talking in some cases reissued items costing up to 6-10k and it’s never bothered me personally.

I brought the version at release I wanted and I’m as happy with them now as I was then, rerelease and reissues just allow more people to experience and enjoy something cool that they want. I’ve still got the original limited edition version I wanted but others get to have the same thing albeit a slightly revised version, it shouldn’t take the specialness away from another’s original release which will always have interest and demand from a certain corner of a market keeping it specialness and rarity of the original, not everyone wants reissues they want original releases so the specialness and uniqueness remains.

I’ll be grabbing diecast mark 5 on reissue as soon as I can get one as I wasn’t collecting at the time and I won’t drop a grand on scalpers For a figure.

I know I?m new to collecting hot toys (started collecting earlier this year) but I?ve got and had a lot of hobbies with limited edition runs, collectors editions etc and a new version/edition has been released some years later and I?m talking in some cases reissued items costing up to 6-10k and it?s never bothered me personally.

I brought the version at release I wanted and I?m as happy with them now as I was then, rerelease and reissues just allow more people to experience and enjoy something cool that they want. I?ve still got the original limited edition version I wanted but others get to have the same thing albeit a slightly revised version, it shouldn?t take the specialness away from another?s original release which will always have interest and demand from a certain corner of a market keeping it specialness and rarity of the original, not everyone wants reissues they want original releases so the specialness and uniqueness remains.

I?ll be grabbing diecast mark 5 on reissue as soon as I can get one as I wasn?t collecting at the time and I won?t drop a grand on scalpers For a figure.

Welcome to Hot Toys :)

I will say I see both sides of the argument here. Everything that I have is still special to me regardless of monetary value. I have quite a few items I could have sold to make profit knowing a reissue would follow.

The going rate for items that are above original retail is determined by supply and demand.

Example :

You buy a house for 300K and 5 years later its value goes up to 400K. Are you a "scalper" for selling it at the going rate? Supply and demand.

Yes the going rate for alot of Hot Toys (including Mark V) is high, but the market will only bear what people will pay for it.

In any event reissues to me are double sided.
Again happy for those that missed out, but I feel (personal opinion here) a company with constant reissues makes the hobby less satisfying (not the pieces I own).

Back