1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulder gaps, skinny legs, inaccurate paint job, no light up feature on the light refocuser :(

To be fair (and I find myself surprised "defending" HT here) but they never advertised the lightning refocuser as having a light up feature. They SHOULD HAVE, but they didn't, so we knew exactly what we were getting with that one...a missed opportunity, but it was a known factor.

To be fair (and I find myself surprised "defending" HT here) but they never advertised the lightning refocuser as having a light up feature. They SHOULD HAVE, but they didn't, so we knew exactly what we were getting with that one...a missed opportunity, but it was a known factor.

You're right, it's just HT being cheap and yet they still expect us to pay $400-500 for this figure.

Surprised this is still not up on Sideshow or any other US sites.

Here it is for all those that missed out!

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibl...1U42XLR0QNUJFn8II84CZZc9VV-BhdkOjJRgkIdlM9Iaw

You're right, most if the time I don't display the stark head either. I just think they could've done a whole lot better especially for an iron man figure. There are way too many changes from prototype to production and not for the better. If we're still buying figures and supporting HT in times like this we deserve better.

100% agree

Surprised this is still not up on Sideshow or any other US sites.

You're right, most if the time I don't display the stark head either. I just think they could've done a whole lot better especially for an iron man figure. There are way too many changes from prototype to production and not for the better. If we're still buying figures and supporting HT in times like this we deserve better.

$375 on BBTS. Not really sure what the benefit of ordering Hot Toys through them is at all anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, I've noticed within the last year they have jacked up their price by $15. Not sure if Sideshow is charging more to them and they're trying to make up the difference or hoping us consumers wouldn't notice or stay loyal to them blindly. Then they advertise the $4 shipping when in reality you are paying $19 in shipping because of the price hike. Also they almost always get their shipment(s) last.

With Sideshowing having their RP expire within 12 months, plus tax and high shipping costs (I pay $25 and I am 4 hours away from them) you would think other companies would take advantage of the grumblings. Nope, they just follow suit. We consumers are smarter than every these days. They haven't realized that we realized we have many options and will shop around and not stay blindly loyal.

You're right, it's just HT being cheap and yet they still expect us to pay $400-500 for this figure.

Sideshow expects us to pay $400 plus for these. These are not $400 figures that is just the markup. Like a $50,000 super popular new car that the dealer marks up to $80,000. It's still a $50,000 car.

Yup, I've noticed within the last year they have jacked up their price by $15. Not sure if Sideshow is charging more to them and they're trying to make up the difference or hoping us consumers wouldn't notice or stay loyal to them blindly. Then they advertise the $4 shipping when in reality you are paying $19 in shipping because of the price hike. Also they almost always get their shipment(s) last.

With Sideshowing having their RP expire within 12 months, plus tax and high shipping costs (I pay $25 and I am 4 hours away from them) you would think other companies would take advantage of the grumblings. Nope, they just follow suit. We consumers are smarter than every these days. They haven't realized that we realized we have many options and will shop around and not stay blindly loyal.

I agree i think it's because shipping is up across the board and they a way needed to make up for it. So they just add the shipping into the price but still can still advertise the $4 deal.

Sideshow expects us to pay $400 plus for these. These are not $400 figures that is just the markup. Like a $50,000 super popular new car that the dealer marks up to $80,000. It's still a $50,000 car.

That doesn't matter unless your physically traveling to HT's store and purchasing it yourself. We still get bent over for shipping/import fees. HT's well aware of sideshow's markup and they don't care. It's not like they'll start lowering prices to help us out.

And with things delayed or shipping painfully slow due to covid you'd think we'd get a break. Keep dreaming I guess :(

Sideshow is the distributor for Hot Toys, it's not like they're just some re-seller. Hot Toys is probably involved in every step of the way of Sideshow's pricing since they distribute to a far greater area than Hot Toys does themselves.

I don't really have a problem with the re-release. Covid is affecting everyone, no movies, no new releases for Hot Toys to make. They probably have it in their accounting to create X amount of high price figures per year, and a very in demand figure re-issue is a no brainer with the space/time to do it without new movies and having all the tooling done for the release.

I don't mind reissues i just wish they would give us a few of the never been done before figure they always tease us with at shows but have never put up for order. There are probably a couple dozen they could do.

Is there a better place to buy Hot Toys now?

BBTS is kind of a bummer with their increase in price and also getting stock very late compared to others.

Sideshow has been unattractive for a while now with their $20+ tax and another $20+ shipping. Now they have the new rule where their reward points expire. Only thing they have going is the exclusives and that they get stocks the quickest out of the bunch.

I always laugh when I read somebody they're waiting for BBTS's PO listing for anything. Their prices have been higher than anybody else. They can argue the $4 pile of loot shipping but as somebody mentioned, the higher price offsets the perceived low shipping plus they charge tax. Then they mention good customer service but that's also avaliable elsewhere. Fools.

BBTS is kind of a bummer with their increase in price and also getting stock very late compared to others.

Sideshow has been unattractive for a while now with their $20+ tax and another $20+ shipping. Now they have the new rule where their reward points expire. Only thing they have going is the exclusives and that they get stocks the quickest out of the bunch.

I've been buying from Timewalker - great shipping rates and free for $350 or more and no tax for me yet. Also been buying some from Toysbuyingagent.com - get them a couple of months before my sideshow ships and for much cheaper.

Stopped ordering so much from sideshow after they started marking up their shipping more and more.

I don't view exclusives as a plus for SS...quite the opposite. It's a headache! All it means is if I want that exclusive figure I would need to pay for the privilege of overpriced shipping and tax. No thanks! :slap

As yacobschlomo has mentioned TBA is the way to go. They've got the exclusives and it comes out to be cheaper than retail + free shipping and NO tax! Due to COVID the only downside is a very long wait time if you opt for the free shipping option, but since I'm a patient guy and can wait months for my toys it's no biggie.

There's always going to be new collectors at any given time but that still doesn't mean
they should water down their brand, especially if not a substantial amount of
time has lapsed between a previous release.

Who doesn't want a quick buck? You? If you genuinely feel the brand is being watered down, better quit ahead. :wink1:

If you're a new collector and/or missed out earlier then maybe this is great news for you. But if someone who's been buying previous releases and is waiting around 2-3 years for preorders or for an announcement of a certain figure to complete a product line - only too see reissues/variants jump the due sometimes, it can be a bit frustrating.

Quit collecting HT then if the hobby starts to frustrates you. :wink1:

Exactly, and when they constantly pull this it does a disservice towards those customers.

I have the first mark V and I don't feel a disservice. Actually pretty nonchalant about it. Same as the many mark V owners I know.

Yes, frustrating indeed. I feel Hot Toys is destroying their own market with the reissues. Yes they will attract those that are new or missed out, but at the same time annoy/frustrate those that have been by their side for quite some time. Another example of this is cellphone companies or Satellite Companies (directV/dish) they offer all these incentives for new customers that sign up, but for those that have been with them and been loyal they don't reap the benefits.

How are they destroying their own market? None of the other 1/6 producers are even close to being their competitor in terms of head sculpt quality or production on a mass scale. Not to mention the number of licenses they've acquired.

Who doesn't want a quick buck? You? Same as above quit ahead before the brand is watered down further. Hobby is supposed to bring you joy and not frustrations anyway. :wink1:

Last edited:
Quit collecting HT then if the hobby starts to frustrates you. :wink1:

So because I said Hot Toys reissues can be "a bit frustrating" (as I continue to wait for figures put on pre-order 2+ years ago) means that I find the entire hobby frustrating and I should just quit? Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather not overreact to things :wink1:

So because I said Hot Toys reissues can be "a bit frustrating" (as I continue to wait for figures put on pre-order 2+ years ago) means that I find the entire hobby frustrating and I should just quit? Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather not overreact to things :wink1:

Over-reaction is the exact right word describing all the whiners here whining about the reissue. :wink1:

Last edited:
In regards to reissues. I agree that it does tarnish the exclusivity of a piece. I buy a piece that costs higher than most other collectibles because of the quality and also rarity. Naturally, if a figure is made and it’s price reflects a very limited amount it can be justified. When you make something and continue to make the same thing over and over, it’s not as rare and it’s price point should drop since it’s a larger run. The way HT is reissuing makes it pointless to pay high prices when the market drops because they’ve made such a large amount. If I wanted constant reissues and repacks, Hasbro is where it’s at. HT testing the waters as I could see them be a much higher end Hasbro. These aren’t as exclusive as before and they’re just churning out older releases to bring in new collectors. Eventually all 600+MMS will be remade all over again.

Back