1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Those days are long gone. :lol

Agreed, though count me as someone who while loving the look of this figure wishes it included things like the rockets, for me you can keep the battle damaged parts as its not like the MkVII which spent a good deal of time getting smashed up while this one didn't as much.

Still wish he had the arm rockets though :)

I guess I just wish the 45 and 46 included as many accessories as the VII and XLII.

Don't forget the IM2 Mark VI...that has accessories and BD parts...and a separate sculpted stand!!!

Yeah, the days of internally stowed accessories are long gone (shoulder mounted guns, flares on the side of the hips), then came swap out parts, but those are going away slowly as well. This mark 46 is the worst by far...there is almost nothing except for the lights and the repulsor effects? The Cap helmet...you can get that from AOU Cap...

Would've been cool if this figure at least came with a forearm rocket.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe it's hard to implement the magnetic snap-on/off pieces with a figure that has so many LEDs.

Oh well, still a beautiful figure and I'm glad the proportions and shoulders look amazing. Plus I can't be upset at somewhat minor things. Ultimately the figure itself has to look great, and it does. The accessories are icing on the cake. I'm glad we're getting all the LEDs AND it's cheaper than the 45. Didn't see that coming even with the power pose to help offset costs.

Still ready for a battle damaged one though. All the aforementioned suggestions from this thread plus a

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think it needs to be a full forearm swap.. Maybe just something like the mark 2 war machine where just the panel swaps out.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll revise this and the war machine mark 3. I think the chances are very minimal that that happens.

I don't think it needs to be a full forearm swap.. Maybe just something like the mark 2 war machine where just the panel swaps out.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll revise this and the war machine mark 3. I think the chances are very minimal that that happens.

I agree. But I'm holding out hope as well. Pretty awesome how HT included movie accurate forearm rockets to the 1/4 43. Pretty nice surprise for collectors to add a movie accurate accessory when they were going to get that money regardless.

I agree. But I'm holding out hope as well. Pretty awesome how HT included movie accurate forearm rockets to the 1/4 43. Pretty nice surprise for collectors to add a movie accurate accessory when they were going to get that money regardless.

I guess we'll all just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I forgot about those bonus movie accurate forearm rockets that came with the 1/4 43. That was a really nice addition to an already excellent stack of accessories. Hopefully we'll get some similar with this, but I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Would've been cool if this figure at least came with a forearm rocket.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe it's hard to implement the magnetic snap-on/off pieces with a figure that has so many LEDs.

Oh well, still a beautiful figure and I'm glad the proportions and shoulders look amazing. Plus I can't be upset at somewhat minor things. Ultimately the figure itself has to look great, and it does. The accessories are icing on the cake. I'm glad we're getting all the LEDs AND it's cheaper than the 45. Didn't see that coming even with the power pose to help offset costs.

Still ready for a battle damaged one though. All the aforementioned suggestions from this thread plus a

Spoiler Spoiler:

Reading this makes me glad I recently purchased a brand-new Mk. VII.

Quasi-related: Was about to buy this shirt from riot apparel that I thought was sweet... Until I noticed the armor pictured is the Mark XLV and not the XLVI as it claims. Now I can't even buy it for my kid haha The travails of being an HT collector who notices the differences.

41289fd70bc0f3f89ae85a6412b5b344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure is awesome but i dont like the base too much, i would have preffered it to be more like the 45's base which has flat surfaces.

Figure is awesome but i dont like the base too much, i would have preffered it to be more like the 45's base which has flat surfaces.

i agree. but i think this base might be more amenable to interesting poses? we'll see though, i'll wait to pass final judgement until i try it out.

i'm sure it's been brought up and discussed before.. but it's a little worrying that they didn't have the figures fist touch the ground for their official landing pose.

i wonder if it was just an oversight, or maybe the figure isn't articulated enough to achieve it, or maybe the neck and head don't have enough articulation to look up when fully in that pose.

i agree. but i think this base might be more amenable to interesting poses? we'll see though, i'll wait to pass final judgement until i try it out.

i'm sure it's been brought up and discussed before.. but it's a little worrying that they didn't have the figures fist touch the ground for their official landing pose.

i wonder if it was just an oversight, or maybe the figure isn't articulated enough to achieve it, or maybe the neck and head don't have enough articulation to look up when fully in that pose.

It will be able to do everything the 45 can. It was posed that way to better illustrate the helmet. It can do the full super hero landing pose. Almost every figure can. From the first mk3 to shotgun.

It's very interesting that they would even include that picture with the set. I was scrolling through the pictures when they first released and was passing by that one in particular and had a "hey, wait a minute moment" and scrolled back to see it wasn't even touching the ground :lol

Doesn't particularly bother me though. For me, the landing pose would be something that I might try once just to see if it could do it, then never pose it that way again. That's me though. I know others love it or at least want their figure to be able to do it.

Hope HT show the Stark head before release.

They will definitely show the head before release. There is still a long long way to go before the release date anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

any news on the light up touch function?

Which function is that? I assume the lights are like every other iron man.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Probably because
Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually the suit gets damaged before Cap slams the shield into the reactor. This was actually the main sequence my team worked on, dubbed the silo and you should be able to see cracks in his eyes, scratching from the shield hits all over his armor and massive dents in the helmet and chest area. For the trailers we had to keep the suit looking perfect as to not give too much away but for the final shots it has all been swapped out.

Actually the suit gets damaged before Cap slams the shield into the reactor. This was actually the main sequence my team worked on, dubbed the silo and you should be able to see cracks in his eyes, scratching from the shield hits all over his armor and massive dents in the helmet and chest area. For the trailers we had to keep the suit looking perfect as to not give too much away but for the final shots it has all been swapped out.

that's some pretty great insight. what do you think of this figure? would you have preferred some battle damage?

It will be able to do everything the 45 can. It was posed that way to better illustrate the helmet. It can do the full super hero landing pose. Almost every figure can. From the first mk3 to shotgun.

that's good to know. though it sort of points to a tiny problem. it'd be nice if they figured out a better way to articulate the head on some of these. or maybe give them the same up and down mobility that shotgun has or even the mark VII. it's not a complaint, just something that i hope to see improved upon in the future.

It's very interesting that they would even include that picture with the set. I was scrolling through the pictures when they first released and was passing by that one in particular and had a "hey, wait a minute moment" and scrolled back to see it wasn't even touching the ground :lol

Doesn't particularly bother me though. For me, the landing pose would be something that I might try once just to see if it could do it, then never pose it that way again. That's me though. I know others love it or at least want their figure to be able to do it.

i use the landing pose quite a bit. i love putting them in that pose. i only ever really leave them like that for a day or two at a time. i think it's cool having the mark 42 do the landing pose with some of the house party armors behind it. i think i'd keep them displayed like that longer if the head was able to look up a little more.

any news on the light up touch function?

None so far.

Which function is that? I assume the lights are like every other iron man.

According to Sideshow specs, it'll have 28 LEDs. Lots of folks are curious as to how this will be accomplished. Will each light on the figure come with a battery compartment and will they need to be turned on individually? Or will there be a new, more efficient, system of doing so?

Back