1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really hoping that's just concept art. Or a prototype design for 46.

If 47 is just a lame repaint of 46, i'm going to be really disappointed. I know 42/43 are the same, but people asked for 43 (reverse colors) nobody asked for a half painted 46.

It's concept art. It's identical to all the previous art, and so far each suit has had nearly a dozen of these done. And then half of them changed in post anyway.

Couple of previously leaked and confirmed in art of books later concept pieces.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
It's concept art. It's identical to all the previous art, and so far each suit has had nearly a dozen of these done. And then half of them changed in post anyway.

Couple of previously leaked and confirmed in art of books later concept pieces.

You're right, it is concept art of Mark 46 photoshopped to look like that lame hasbro repaint. In other words, fake. A larger version of it was posted in another thread and it's really obvious up close that it's just a fan-shop.

You're right, it is concept art of Mark 46 photoshopped to look like that lame hasbro repaint. In other words, fake. A larger version of it was posted in another thread and it's really obvious up close that it's just a fan-shop.

They were introduced on the forum as photoshopped images though, not sure what all the debate is about. Hasbro released production concepts for Homecoming -- being that they have zero say in the design of the suit in the film I would say that it is a very safe bet that we are looking at the Mark 47 (or at least a close version of it).

Even if this suit is in the film, people are assuming it's the 47 and not an early, unpainted 46. I'm not saying anyone is wrong because I don't know either way. Personally the Ultimate IM look feels too on the nose for Marvel. I don't think they've ever done an armour so close to the comics before (in this case I mean the colour scheme). Even Silver Centurion in IM3 looked totally different from the comics.

They were introduced on the forum as photoshopped images though, not sure what all the debate is about. Hasbro released production concepts for Homecoming -- being that they have zero say in the design of the suit in the film I would say that it is a very safe bet that we are looking at the Mark 47 (or at least a close version of it).

I honestly hope you're wrong... Why would Tony make the next mark armor exactly like the 46, but with half a paint job? especially when Mark 46 is also in the movie? I'm aware it's a call-out to the ultimate armor from the comics but that still makes no sense and it's incredibly lazy to use that in a movie. Chances are the original figure that started this BS is just an exclusive repaint for the 2 pack so hasbro isn't selling the same figure multiple times.

Last edited:
Is there actually proof that hasbro has made one? Or any pics thereof? Cause the two pics so far look heavily photoshopped even the initial hasbro pic that circulated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly hope you're wrong... Why would Tony make the next mark armor exactly like the 46, but with half a paint job? especially when Mark 46 is also in the movie? I'm aware it's a call-out to the ultimate armor from the comics but that still makes no sense and it's incredibly lazy to use that in a movie. Chances are the original figure that started this BS is just an exclusive repaint for the 2 pack so hasbro isn't selling the same figure multiple times.

Doing a repaint isn't new. Mk2/3, mk4/6, mk42/43 and what they swap color wise is just about personal taste and ideas. The paint scheme from the 47(?) from above is nearly identical with to the ultimate universe suit. So it's not out of nowhere.

IMG_7241.JPG

Is there actually proof that hasbro has made one? Or any pics thereof? Cause the two pics so far look heavily photoshopped even the initial hasbro pic that circulated.

IMG_7243.JPG

Last edited:
^^ I thought this second pic is also heavily photoshopped. Can be seen on inner edges of arm etc

People here need to calm down and stop overreacting to things. One concept picture comes out and all hell breaks loose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People here need to calm down and stop overreacting to things. One concept picture comes out and all hell breaks loose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's not a real concept image though. It's a photoshopped one of a real Mark 46 concept image made to match the Hasbro repaint.

Doing a repaint isn't new. Mk2/3, mk4/6, mk42/43 and what they swap color wise is just about personal taste and ideas. The paint scheme from the 47(?) from above is nearly identical with to the ultimate universe suit. So it's not out of nowhere.

Haha, come on Motux, I know you can do better than just 3 repaints :rotfl

Mk. III/GMG Mk. III, Mk. IV/SP Mk. IV, WM Mk. I/Milk-SE, Mk. III DC/Mk. III Stealth DC, Silver Centurion/Blue Steel, Gold Chrome Midas/Midas/Stealth Mk. VII/SZ Mk. VII/BD Mk. VII/Mk. VII, Tank/Heartbreaker, Striker/Gamma, Hotrod/WM Mk. II/WM Mk. II.5/IP, Peace Maker/Red Snapper, Mk. IX/Python, Sneaky/Sneaky Retro, Shotgun/Shades (eventually).

So do we KNOW that the Homecoming armor won't be a repaint of the Mk. 46, NO. Is it entirely plausible, YES! And anyone blaming HT for these, please remember that 90% of the armor colors are dictated by Marvel.

Lol I don't think his intent was to spew HT knowledge, only to point out that repaints aren't totally uncommon.

Back