1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

The Mark VII in use looks like the patched up suit from Avengers considering its rather worn in appearance outside the bar (which oddly doesn't match the Hall of Armor).

I guess with life being slower he could have just printed out another suit without bothering to change anything. He may end up with a new suit in the end, either this being a place holder or he starts in the 46 and then unveils a 47 at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

So how long do the main Iron Man suits typically hang around after release? The 45 has been available for quite a while, is that normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's no standard really. It's luck of the draw really.

I think it was Motuxmen who suggested that it could be a leftover animation from Civil War that they've just used in an early trailer. That seems most likely in my opinion.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah that would've been me. There's no way the cg was done at the time of the trailer release (and when it was put together) so even if they end up using the same suit I'd bet the animation was recycled.

And I pulled a bit of video from CW and there's a scene where he matches the movement almost exactly. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here's just a quick pic I found. See how the suit and movement looks pretty identical to the spidey trailer scene?

IMG_7076.JPG

Last edited:

holy cow,man your are blessed with eagle eyes.i was so focused on the trailer i didnt notice that.!
Yeah that would've been me. There's no way the cg was done at the time of the trailer release (and when it was put together) so even if they end up using the same suit I'd bet the animation was recycled.

And I pulled a bit of video from CW and there's a scene where he matches the movement almost exactly. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here's just a quick pic I found. See how the suit and movement looks pretty identical to the spidey trailer scene?

View attachment 313862

Any idea when they're gonna show off the Stark headsculpt? Seems like they've had the blurred placeholder for a good while.

They don't usually change the pics. They never updated if for like the mk4/6. When it get unveiled there's no way to know. Depends on the approval process with marvel and the factory and Jc and so on.

I was just noticing that the back of the figure doesn't have the visible battery compartment, or any switches exposed on the back. Have they started hiding that stuff, or is it simply photoshopped out?

That figure is a prototype. It may not even have lights.

They also have been hiding them for awhile.

They don't usually change the pics. They never updated if for like the mk4/6. When it get unveiled there's no way to know. Depends on the approval process with marvel and the factory and Jc and so on.
So I guess there is a history. The only other time I remember them doing that was with Star Lord, who was revealed at the end of July and updated with the headsculpt at the end of September. But yeah, I guess it's just a case-by-case basis.
I was just noticing that the back of the figure doesn't have the visible battery compartment, or any switches exposed on the back. Have they started hiding that stuff, or is it simply photoshopped out?

37761ff8eb3b66a1bc824e5782210d08.jpg

They've started hiding it, especially with the 45. The battery compartment is at the top silver piece, so it's basically seamless from what I've seen.

So I guess there is a history. The only other time I remember them doing that was with Star Lord, who was revealed at the end of July and updated with the headsculpt at the end of September. But yeah, I guess it's just a case-by-case basis.

They've started hiding it, especially with the 45. The battery compartment is at the top silver piece, so it's basically seamless from what I've seen.

Yeah, they've been trying to hide as many as they can. The war machine has one exposed on his back (if I'm remembering correctly). The arm switches are covered by the guns. Everything is covered on sneaky. And all of the 45's are covered.

I really hope we get to see more photos of the 46.. this wait is excruciatingly long lol. It'll be even worse when the war machine mk 3 gets released.

I really hope we get to see more photos of the 46.. this wait is excruciatingly long lol. It'll be even worse when the war machine mk 3 gets released.

I think people will be even more pissed when they see 46 in action again in Spider-Man and realized they still haven't release it!

I think people will be even more pissed when they see 46 in action again in Spider-Man and realized they still haven't release it!

Still wondering how Mk 46 makes its way into the Spider Man flick, when Cap and Bucky obliterated it in CW. I mean I get obviously he can repair it, but Stark doesn't repair armors, he just moves on to the next one. :lol

Still wondering how Mk 46 makes its way into the Spider Man flick, when Cap and Bucky obliterated it in CW. I mean I get obviously he can repair it, but Stark doesn't repair armors, he just moves on to the next one. :lol

And the remakes are generally for display purposes only. I'm very confident that we'll see a Mark XLVII soon.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

I'm almost hoping that maybe we just see Stark in the movie and armor appearances are just flashbacks.

I'm fine with waiting until Infinity War to see new one ha

Don't ******** me ryanhalo798......did you know?

Back