1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Even though it's more expensive than the PP figure, it actually turned out to be not as expensive as I thought it would be. Plus, it doesn't release until next year, so you don't have to worry about having to pay anything on it for awhile and you could always simply put it on flex pay at that.

I agree. Plus a statue just doesn't have that same feel as a figure lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is, finally, the Iron Man that's gonna do it for me. I've been waiting for just the right one to pick up.

I've been waiting for just the right one to pick up.
:lecture :exactly: After this one, I just don't see myself getting another Iron Man figure.

:lecture :exactly: After this one, I just don't see myself getting another Iron Man figure.

i can definitely see myself getting more. i'm so interested to see what his infinity wars suit(s) will look like.

I just picked up a Pepper head for my Mark 42, so... technically I could get this one too without breaking my "one figure per character" rule, right?

i can definitely see myself getting more. i'm so interested to see what his infinity wars suit(s) will look like.

I can as well. I imagine the future Mks will still have multiple reactors. If Infinity Wars brings on anything like this than I'm sold.

first-look-at-iron-man-s-bleeding-edge-armor-in-captain-america-3-civil-war-390557.jpg

To me, 45 is my last IM. The more I see it, 46 has no gimmick aside from the fire effects and the light up feature. For someone who rarely turn on the lights on my IM, the 45 offers the lightsaber-like lasers, which I can see as a step up from the metal blades on SC (which I also have). 45 also has the same fire effects as 46 and it is not that hard to put a HS on 45 either. So 46 is the second time I skipped a suit from an IM appearing movie...(Was not convinced by DC Mark III)

Same here. I already have Mk 7, Mk 33, Mk 42, Mk 43, Mk 45, and then have Mk 46 on PO. Unless the IW design(s) just utterly blow me away, I don't think I'll be getting another IM.

In fact, I don't really see myself getting too many more figures in general and/or being very selective in what I get.

To me, 45 is my last IM. The more I see it, 46 has no gimmick aside from the fire effects and the light up feature. For someone who rarely turn on the lights on my IM, the 45 offers the lightsaber-like lasers, which I can see as a step up from the metal blades on SC (which I also have). 45 also has the same fire effects as 46 and it is not that hard to put a HS on 45 either. So 46 is the second time I skipped a suit from an IM appearing movie...(Was not convinced by DC Mark III)

"Everyone has a gimmick now." - Falcon, Captain America: Civil War :lecture

The only way I can see myself doing this is if Tony gets as much developmental screentime in IW as he did in CW. Nothing against the idea of liking cool-looking suits, but I tend to prefer the ones that leave an impression on me story-wise and CW really felt like the culmination of Tony's characterization.

I just picked up a Pepper head for my Mark 42, so... technically I could get this one too without breaking my "one figure per character" rule, right?

I'm tempted to do this myself. I'm not terribly fond of Pepper having the rubber elbows on her regular figure so I might pick up a Mark 42 down the line so I can display it with a Pepper HS.

I love the idea of calling the lasers wrist-lightsabers instead. :hi5:

[starts to wonder how to stage a lightsaber duel between Iron Man and Darth Vader] :monkey3

The only way I can see myself doing this is if Tony gets as much developmental screentime in IW as he did in CW. Nothing against the idea of liking cool-looking suits, but I tend to prefer the ones that leave an impression on me story-wise and CW really felt like the culmination of Tony's characterization.

I'm tempted to do this myself. I'm not terribly fond of Pepper having the rubber elbows on her regular figure so I might pick up a Mark 42 down the line so I can display it with a Pepper HS.

i have a feeling there will be plenty more emotional moments involving tony in the future.. whether it's him that dies as a defining moment, or steve dying that really touches him, or whoever else. i think a team member dying is really going to affect him.. i feel something major is bound to happen.

after all, his biggest fear is what happened with the first avengers movie, that's why we got a second lol. i think that infinity wars might wind up being 2x worse for him. i just can't imagine them keeping the status quo throughout infinity wars.

the 46 is definitely a "defining moment" type suit. and since i've steered clear of team building and am a sucker for armors, i'll be getting all of them.

How can anyone make such a statement before seeing the next 2 Avengers films? Are you elderly and retired?

How can anyone make such a statement before seeing the next 2 Avengers films? Are you elderly and retired?

LMAO, He doesn't see himself maybe he owns no mirrors?

I can as well. I imagine the future Mks will still have multiple reactors. If Infinity Wars brings on anything like this than I'm sold.

first-look-at-iron-man-s-bleeding-edge-armor-in-captain-america-3-civil-war-390557.jpg

The 46 is actually based on this suit. Loosely, of course.

The 46 is actually based on this suit. Loosely, of course.

No doubt about that. But I think moving forward we'll continue to see more iterations of this suit. I'm just hoping we get one with more gold on the thighs. I just like the classic color-blocking of Iron Man a little more like Mks 3,4,6, and 7 for example.

Anyone else wondering how all the lights are gonna be turned on for this?

d1641a2f7e341d05c04bbacd17c13257.jpg

There's no switch, that I can see, on the underside of the biceps like with other iron man hot toys.

What do we think? Maybe a remote to do it all? Or just one switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else wondering how all the lights are gonna be turned on for this?

d1641a2f7e341d05c04bbacd17c13257.jpg

There's no switch, that I can see, on the underside of the biceps like with other iron man hot toys.

What do we think? Maybe a remote to do it all? Or just one switch?

One switch, same one used for the chest RT, just like Heartbreaker and Tank

One switch, same one used for the chest RT, just like Heartbreaker and Tank

Ahhh I haven't got either of those. That sounds good though, no switches on show :)

No doubt about that. But I think moving forward we'll continue to see more iterations of this suit. I'm just hoping we get one with more gold on the thighs. I just like the classic color-blocking of Iron Man a little more like Mks 3,4,6, and 7 for example.

i'm fine either way.. just as long as they continue making them interesting. at this point i don't think having blocked thighs like the mark 6 would work anymore. they've seemed to move on from the "red undies" look. i'm sure they could figure out a way to integrate more gold into the things though.

i can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Back