1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replacement figure arrived earlier this week, finally got a chance today to test it out - all lights working fine this time thankfully. I did realise as I went through all the stress of popping off the covers and unscrewing the tiny screws that this will probably be the first and last time I every actually bother to do switch on all the lights, oh the 'irony'.
Once I was sure the figure was OK I unpacked and set up the base - as many on here have pointed out already, this thing is flippin ridiculous. I finally found what I thought would be a reasonable pose but then discovered once I opened up the detolf there's barely enough room for Cap on the same shelf! There definitely should have been a smaller basic option included, something similar to what was provided with Cap. I understand it's a much heavier figure but still....

Replacement figure arrived earlier this week, finally got a chance today to test it out - all lights working fine this time thankfully. I did realise as I went through all the stress of popping off the covers and unscrewing the tiny screws that this will probably be the first and last time I every actually bother to do switch on all the lights, oh the 'irony'.
Once I was sure the figure was OK I unpacked and set up the base - as many on here have pointed out already, this thing is flippin ridiculous. I finally found what I thought would be a reasonable pose but then discovered once I opened up the detolf there's barely enough room for Cap on the same shelf! There definitely should have been a smaller basic option included, something similar to what was provided with Cap. I understand it's a much heavier figure but still....

glad to hear you got your replacement and all is well. It is a beautiful figure, but absolute nightmare to turn on all the lights and yes the base is HUGE. My set up is with cap as well and there is no room for anything else.

glad to hear you got your replacement and all is well. It is a beautiful figure, but absolute nightmare to turn on all the lights and yes the base is HUGE. My set up is with cap as well and there is no room for anything else.
Thanks, it is a beaut alright. I have the MK3 DC and the MK42, this wipes the floor with those figures. HT really found a nice balance between aesthetics and articulation on this one - albeit at a heckuva price!

Got my replacement arm and it worked great. I was nervous to take off the old arm and put on the new one but it wasn't that bad. Just had to make sure to hold his inner shoulder area in when I pulled out the arm so I didn't damage the part of his arm that pops out for more poseability.

I destoyed the other arm, which was tough. Warning...this pic is not for the squeamish.

VjRu5sI.jpg

:thud:

I done the same with two ironman headsculpts
0b663447e3074a45c9465ee5b2c73cf2.jpg
32917a9562f67f6aa52c79c4d5e88f1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my replacement arm and it worked great. I was nervous to take off the old arm and put on the new one but it wasn't that bad. Just had to make sure to hold his inner shoulder area in when I pulled out the arm so I didn't damage the part of his arm that pops out for more poseability.

I destoyed the other arm, which was tough. Warning...this pic is not for the squeamish.

VjRu5sI.jpg

:thud:

When I first saw this I thought someone had had a temper tantrum getting the batteries in ! :rotfl

Hi I had the same problem with the figures and stand not fitting in the detolf , last week I started on a custom cabinet and its working out well so far .

For your display may be you could get some custom stands from Stoney's Stands , just search for him on face book .

This is what my setup looks like for now . Before I decide how every thing will fit and what stands I will go with.

36393529230_e838ea540b_c.jpg

Attachments

• 36393529230_e838ea540b_c.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 567
Hi I had the same problem with the figures and stand not fitting in the detolf , last week I started on a custom cabinet and its working out well so far .

For your display may be you could get some custom stands from Stoney's Stands , just search for him on face book .

This is what my setup looks like for now . Before I decide how every thing will fit and what stands I will go with.

I'm glad to see Iron Man is taking his vitamins and drinking his milk! He's growing up!

I'm glad to see Iron Man is taking his vitamins and drinking his milk! He's growing up!

Look at how buff the 45 is. That must've been his HGH cycle. He cut down for the 46.

Ye the height difference is not as bad figures are not aligned 100% and some could stand up a bit straighter , I was also taking the photo from slightly lower than the shelf as this was just me testing if 4 would fit .

The 45 is way more BUFF than the 46 when you look at it next to the 46 I was also shocked .

Seems two of the three lights in my right leg (that were flickering on and off since I got him) gave out. Contacted BBTS about it. Hopefully something can be done. :(

Randy

So what did BBTS do for you. I received one from them with the exact same problem with the same leg. The hip light works fine but the others cut off and on when the leg is bent.

Back