1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I had the money to set it up like that are you using that soap reactor thing in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could go that route and there was also a DIY power supply that another user pointed out to me a few pages back. If doing it myself goes over my head then I'll go with the SOAP. :lol

And you know I did push forward like a bunch first time still no intent to come off I also didn't know about peg under was it going to break due to that I know usually with pegs you want a simple pull off push on not push off so I wasn't so sure but this is the damage that I then tried to cover up with a little acrylic paint yeah good thing I'm never selling this cause overall I like poseability and look. Significance only outweighs Mk6 purely cause of comics. Otherwise if they didn't take BE armor design for Civil War it would be right to diecast Mk6-love that armor very prominent in MCU Iron Man.
8c563c0d1eb2845527653ca56317c119.jpg

2d72e74c0f947e71d521376baae9aa61.jpg

Probably shouldn't have used pliers, but that damage isn't too bad. Hey, it could always pass for battle damage parts! :lol

I could go that route and there was also a DIY power supply that another user pointed out to me a few pages back. If doing it myself goes over my head then I'll go with the SOAP. :lol

Well just be careful cause if you're like me there's no more where that can from. For me I'll stick with batteries I take them out anyway and seeing the methods used to take out the panels I'll try to use them except for the shoulderpads that still seem like a pain for others as well to get out.

Well just be careful cause if you're like me there's no more where that can from. For me I'll stick with batteries I take them out anyway and seeing the methods used to take out the panels I'll try to use them except for the shoulderpads that still seem like a pain for others as well to get out.

Yeah, thought about SOAP and all that, but I'm gonna have to think about how often REALLY am I going to light this guy up. Because don't think LEDs last forever either tho they last a long time. If I were gonna light up IM every day - well, then it's worth investing IMO.

Speaking of batteries, since it's such a pain to install them what's the general consensus with leaving the batteries inside the compartments?

Speaking of batteries, since it's such a pain to install them what's the general consensus with leaving the batteries inside the compartments?

Leaking is the problem at least for those factory ones they give. Don't know how bad the real deal ones are when you leave them in for an allotted time. But I'm not going to risk it for a long time so for me probably would leave real deal batteries in for 3dys then take them out. But since it's me probably won't even leave it for 3 knowing my wonderful fortune with devices.

Fresh outta the box.

0733ec05d9844d0eb4a612f56a72867e.jpg

Quick reference for scale. Torso's extended here and he's beside some shorter figures but still, he's kind of a beast.

6486bc73e16b38ab7e0d5c3687eaec78.jpg

Love that pic!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T580 mit Tapatalk

Danke! Great figure -- it's my first diecast and I'm pretty impressed by the feel of it.

Lots of people talk about how the weight of a piece has no bearing on quality, and while I'm in agreement with that to an extent, a big part of why many of us collect action figures instead of statues is the tactile aspect; and a heavy figure like this is a joy to work with while posing.

I think when diecast Mark VI arrives I'll pose this one with the Stark head sculpt, and Mark VI ready for action.

I do think they did a better job on the proportions on this one, too. I've only owned the Mark VII and Mark IV prior to this, so that's all I can compare it to.

Thought I should at least test the lights. Only installed the head and back batteries for tonight.

Really impressed; too bad you can't leave them there. I'd be concerned about high quality batteries too, never mind whatever this ships with.

452aa3116c6e90ea113843277b7c24c2.jpg

Just got mine today. Gorgeous figure and definitely the one to own if you're only buying one like myself.

Anyone have any recommendations on a glue to use on diecast? The little piece where the heel meets leg on the back of the foot, first the part came off but I manag d to get it snapped back in, but then a piece came off because of dried glue.

88dbb69703a60d6e34cb9e3321d124e8.jpg

I'm stunned that the RDJ headsculpt is actually one of my favorite accessories with this figure. Fantastic job by HT.

Back