1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kimberly was the same person who told me twice they could not pack out. During the second chat she said she confirmed it again. I was able to confirm when SS charged me the fee for the pack out.

It's weird because I hate the milking of Ironman, however I picked this up with the intention to sell for the same price.
However it's grown on me he's currently on top of my cabinets with the lights on in a flying pose. :rotfl

My first IM figure. I loved it than and still would never part with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird because I hate the milking of Ironman, however I picked this up with the intention to sell for the same price.
However it's grown on me he's currently on top of my cabinets with the lights on in a flying pose. :rotfl

Just curious, why would you buy to sell for the same price? It's lucky you did since you like it, but it just seems odd to buy only to sell without a profit. Unless you really like collecting reward points!

Ha very good question I'm actually thinking I might keep it although my brother now wants it to go with his collection. :rotfl
I didn't buy to flip a profit, if I can help someone get a piece they want without paying eBay prices then happy days. :)

I've built a lot of friendships in the 1:6 hobby, ironically I sold something to someone only to find they live across the road :rotfl
The hobby about sharing the passion not flipping for a profit :)

On a side note few years back I bought a Hot toys godfather from the same shop for £130 only issue was he was missing a sock. :rotfl

Just curious, why would you buy to sell for the same price? It's lucky you did since you like it, but it just seems odd to buy only to sell without a profit. Unless you really like collecting reward points!

Got mine about an hour ago. It's a great figure with a ****** stand. The swap out shoulder pieces came deglued so I had to glue them myself again. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with the batteries... it seems too daunting. Haven't tried on the Stark head sculpt because getting the neck post out is difficult. Speaking of the head sculpt, mine seems to be missing a bit of hair paint near the hairline. Not a lot, but just enough to look weird. It's not noticeable 6 feet away, but up close it bugs me.

The bendable pole seems to support my Iron Man, but the figure is heavy, so I have no faith in it to hold up over time. I noticed that the edge of the stand looks like it's using cardboard, so I'm wondering if it's possible to remove the debris so Iron Man can stand up in a simple pose, or something a little more dynamic.

Ha very good question I'm actually thinking I might keep it although my brother now wants it to go with his collection. :rotfl
I didn't buy to flip a profit, if I can help someone get a piece they want without paying eBay prices then happy days. :)

I've built a lot of friendships in the 1:6 hobby, ironically I sold something to someone only to find they live across the road :rotfl

On a side note few years back I bought a Hot toys godfather from the same shop for £130 only issue was he was missing a sock. :rotfl

I think the more pressing question is why do you post on top of the post you're quoting.

Haha fair enough! Did you keep the Godfather? I am gonna guess so, with the username!

I won't get my 46 until a week on Saturday. Need to see some more pictures!

Is there some sort of trick to getting the neck post out of this figure? Damn thing is really difficult to get out.

Mine arrived last night. I love this figure. Best iron man yet in my opinion IMG_2999.jpgIMG_3001.jpgIMG_2996.JPGIMG_2993.JPGIMG_2983.jpg

People already getting theirs delivered while I'm still waiting for mine to ship :gah:

Hope to see many more photos in the meantime! Blogger pics are okay but I've always preferred seeing pics of these figures in actual collections without photoshop.

Mine arrived last night. I love this figure. Best iron man yet in my opinion View attachment 346864

He's that much taller than Cap and on a lower stand to boot?? That's the problem with this new scale HT is doing. They don't mesh well with a lot of previous figures. And these 2 are from the same movie! They should be about the same height. One of the things keeping me from buying this. Love this armor, but if he is gonna dwarf all the older armors and other HT figures I have it'll annoy the hell out of me... :( Still have yet to see pics of the MK46 with older plastic armors like the MK4,6 & 7. Hoping someone eventually posts comparison pics..

He's that much taller than Cap and on a lower stand to boot?? That's the problem with this new scale HT is doing. They don't mesh well with a lot of previous figures. And these 2 are from the same movie! They should be about the same height. One of the things keeping me from buying this. Love this armor, but if he is gonna dwarf all the older armors and other HT figures I have it'll annoy the hell out of me... :( Still have yet to see pics of the MK46 with older plastic armors like the MK4,6 & 7. Hoping someone eventually posts comparison pics..

Kind of have to play connect the dots, but the Mk46 is just barely shorter than the WM Mk3, which is about the same height as the WM Mk1.

This is an image from the DC WM Mk1 thread via skyler2702:

161012043606289097.jpg

Also, here's the comparison pic between the upcoming DC Mk5 and original plastic one:

Comparison-of-Original-Hot-Toys-Mark-V-Iron-Man-and-Die-Cast-Iron-Man-Mark-5-Figures.jpg

Long story short, I think it's fair to say the Mk46 will dwarf the older plastic figures.

Yeah, I have seen those pics, but thanks. Just like the WM MKI plastic next to DC WM MKI. Still would like to see them together. It's HT ploy to get all the diehard IM collectors to rebuy the DC armors, not just cause they're better... :lol

But the real problem isn't putting the new DC armors with the older plastic armors but rather when standing them next to regular figures, like the CW Cap in that picture. They should go together properly and not have such a big height disparity.

Back