Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Rhino will come. It didn't arrive to much fanfare and it'll be incredibly expensive, those two don't go together. They should've done Goblin, people would bu that for the glider poses alone

I would buy rhino. I think we will see him made. Spiderman will be having another 4 movies at least in the next 5 years. I also think electro will sell well once released.

I think Rhino is coming also. Aren't mecha big in China so it would probably be a big seller over there. If it is made Ill buy one.

I just watched AS2 on BR and it ended up being better than I'd thought it would be. Still not sure if I'll pick up any figures though. I didn't even mind the Rhino design because it was in so briefly, and it's actually one of my favorite scenes due to the little boy. However I hope if Rhino is in Sinister Six it's a redesigned look. I thought some of the concept designs looked good. Using various concepts I googled the other day, I cobbled together what I thought might be a nice Sinister Six roster:
Green Goblin--redesigned so it pays homage to the original but advances the disease/mutation
Electro -- if he returns. Maybe add some yellow accents as a nod to the comics, but I thought the design was pretty cool, although the character wasn't that well written.
Rhino -- redesigned and maybe techno-organic
Doctor Octopus -- I thought the Molina design and casting was spot on.
Vulture -- John Malkovich would be a great choice for that role. Not crazy about the giant sword wings in the concept, but something similar to CA:TWS Falcon would work.
Mysterio -- maybe the face could never be shown, or revealed only at the end, but there could be shifting ethereal faces under the dome perhaps based on his mood.

Spiderman -- I'm sure there will be either a cameo or a couple of spidey scenes. I really liked the high tech concept design they were considering. SS would be a great place to try it out and gauge audience reaction.

Last edited:
I want rhino but not so much Electro. I may eventually get one just because Spidey is my favorite and need some villains.

Nice post, nexus! Those are some pretty cool designs. Love Rhino and Mysterio, in particular. He's got a bit a of Holocaust (Age of Apocalypse) vibe going. Would really like to see them turn Spidey around (or fail miserably enough that it goes back to Marvel :D). Spidey and X-Men were my two favourite franchises when I was into comics, but their movie designs so far have been terrible (outside of Spider-Man, Doc Ock and maybe Electro... too bad HT butchered Spidey's ASM2 costume). Would love to have good representations in my collection, some day.

I would buy rhino. I think we will see him made. Spiderman will be having another 4 movies at least in the next 5 years. I also think electro will sell well once released.

Maybe. ASM2 didnt do so well and theyve delayed ASM3 a long time. Their plans for a Marvel-like CU and making franchises out of (anti) hereos like Venom and the Sinister Six sounds... terrible at best.

Heres hoping Avi Arad can get his egomaniac head out of his ass and let Marvel use Spidey in the Avengers. Andrew Garfield across from Robert Downey Jr. Come on.

From STGCC:

htelectro.jpg

Something tells me this will be the prize during a lot of SSC giveaways, and will be on the front page of the SSC website as a "best seller" if you know what I mean.

Something tells me this will be the prize during a lot of SSC giveaways, and will be on the front page of the SSC website as a "best seller" if you know what I mean.

Going to be a lot of "For a 1/6th scale Electro, tell me your most "electrifying" moment" on twitter...

If it gets produced!
Yeah a complete dud sales-wise I'm sure. Tonto deja vu.

I honestly thought this guy would have been a bit more popular:dunno
I asked my UK dealer if he was getting this in or if it had already sold out as i couldn't find it on the webshop to preorder.
He just said he will not be getting any in as there was no interest in the figure at all from no one ?
It might not be everyone's cup of tea but its a figure i will buy for sure

Disagree. International box office was massive for this, it may not have met with people's expectations or Sony's wish for it to beat all things Marvel. But The Lone Ranger it was not.

Thats only because Spider-man in general is popular overseas. "SPIDER-MAN ?!" (thats probably all it took to buy a ticket) Not sure that popularity carries over to Electro

I'm not sure of all the hate. I'm really excited for this figure. I think it looks great. I'm also hoping for rhino to be released also.

Back