1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I must take a look..not sure i would be brave enough to try that...a lot of handy guys on here.

12177864834_8dfd189566_h.jpg

Fan ****ing tastic pic.
:clap

A note of precaution for guys consider doing the shoulder mod. The blue suit fabric is very fragile, with the 'chainmail' pattern easy to rub off or show signs of peeling. So while you are trying to take the inner collar plastic out, try to minimize your pulling on the fabric (especially the trap area behind the neck) to minimum by opening up more stitches on the back, so there is less tension and more room to do all the pulling and prying of the inner plastic collar. Also, try your very best to keep the upper collar from separating from the suit on the sides and front. While you can always glue it back with super glue if they are separated from the suit, some of the 'chainmail' pattern will get ripped and won't match up anymore. The upper collar cover is your safe haven, as it is used to cover all the rips and glue mess you are doing for this mod, but if you ripped 'chainmail' outside of its covering area, you'll see scars on the suit exposed all the time. Keep that in mind.

If you want the suit to suffer minimum damage, you have to be extreme careful. Another option is to do what Tony did, rip all of the upper collar out and strip out everything (even let you move the collar down closer to the 'S' by regluing the collar rim lower and trim out any excessive blue fabric above the 'S', but in return, it will have a bunch of rip marks that you'll have to live with or hidden by the cape.

It is not an easy mod, and I am learning from people's feedback and my own little mistakes as I go, but it is looking good (got the inner collar out and re-glued most of the upper collar back in place, but still need more work). For those don't want to risk it, simply not do the mod, and just replace the cape with Tony's which will still improve the look.

Last edited:

Ok I think I am done customizing him for a bit. I did the belt this time with a layer of flat black, dry brushed gold and then a light dry brush of copper over that to give it a bit of a darker gold color. So I am happy with my reflective Hope symbol, blue metallic gauntlets and dark gold bet..... for now anyway LOL. I need Tony's cape and then perhaps I will get adventurous and try the trap mod as well as move the neck line.

Still waiting for mine:gah:
It's times like this that make we wish I didn't do flex-payment.

Well after what felt like several months. SSC has finally agreed to take my money and ship this bad boy out!
Will post a review by the end of the week guys!

Bri

Thank you I am going to film it in sunlight when get a chance see how it looks. its a great figure.the suit it really cool

BBTS has them in stock- my PO is shipping a week or so after SS sent mine!

A note of precaution for guys consider doing the shoulder mod. The blue suit fabric is very fragile, with the 'chainmail' pattern easy to rub off or show signs of peeling. So while you are trying to take the inner collar plastic out, try to minimize your pulling on the fabric (especially the trap area behind the neck) to minimum by opening up more stitches on the back, so there is less tension and more room to do all the pulling and prying of the inner plastic collar. Also, try your very best to keep the upper collar from separating from the suit on the sides and front. While you can always glue it back with super glue if they are separated from the suit, some of the 'chainmail' pattern will get ripped and won't match up anymore. The upper collar cover is your safe haven, as it is used to cover all the rips and glue mess you are doing for this mod, but if you ripped 'chainmail' outside of its covering area, you'll see scars on the suit exposed all the time. Keep that in mind.

If you want the suit to suffer minimum damage, you have to be extreme careful. Another option is to do what Tony did, rip all of the upper collar out and strip out everything (even let you move the collar down closer to the 'S' by regluing the collar rim lower and trim out any excessive blue fabric above the 'S', but in return, it will have a bunch of rip marks that you'll have to live with or hidden by the cape.

It is not an easy mod, and I am learning from people's feedback and my own little mistakes as I go, but it is looking good (got the inner collar out and re-glued most of the upper collar back in place, but still need more work). For those don't want to risk it, simply not do the mod, and just replace the cape with Tony's which will still improve the look.

This is my biggest worry - the delicate suit. I figure patience will go a long way. With a fresh blade on the exacto knife and some super glue on standby along with a steady hand, I'm telling myself I can do this.

My god, mine is still held up in Sideshow's warehouse :gah: Three phone calls to CS and nothing!

I don't have mine yet but I probably wont try this because I have no courage.

I don't have mine yet but I probably wont try this because I have no courage.

It's amazing what we can accomplish when we focus and put our minds to it. Start small and your courage will only grow. Everyone in here made their first mod at some time.

I just put this short clip of my mos figure on you tube. really like it a lot. hot toys get better with each new figue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJG1J-CB0Uc

What did you use for your backdrop?
Is that a high res image or you're using a TV screen as your background on the video?

Back