1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Just got mine today after being held up in customs for over a week. Unboxing soon.

This and Mandarin have been my most anticipated figures so far. As nice as the suit looks on the MoS, I think the body underneath is what really makes this figure a home run. Cavil was chiseled out of stone in the movie and Hot Toys successfully portrays that in sixth scale. Two more flex payments and I'll have a second figure for the Master Lighthouse.

Just got mine today after being held up in customs for over a week. Unboxing soon.

This and Mandarin have been my most anticipated figures so far. As nice as the suit looks on the MoS, I think the body underneath is what really makes this figure a home run. Cavil was chiseled out of stone in the movie and Hot Toys successfully portrays that in sixth scale. Two more flex payments and I'll have a second figure for the Master Lighthouse.

Ill have my second also....anyone needs an extra it will be for sale unless I decide 2 keep it and mod it!

Anyone have pics of damaged suits from the flight stand or where it got melty from touching another part of the suit?

Anyone have pics of damaged suits from the flight stand or where it got melty from touching another part of the suit?

Let me see if I can get a pic of where the stand has been holding mine up...its not bad at all...cant even see it unless u kno its there! As for the suit sticking to its self ive had no issues at all with that. Id u leave him in a pose that cause a crease or makes it touch itself then it should just massage out once u straighten it out.

This is how hes been posed 99.9% of the time ive had him...since xmas day...
The yellow circle is the only tiny mark and its not even on both sides for some reason. The white circle is just light reflecting off suit...

I really want to use the flight stand. I mean, this figure should be posed in flight. I just can't run the risk of ruining the suit. May have to try to mod the grabber somehow or create an armpit cradle or something. It really is a shame that he can't be posed how he should be, without marring it.

I really want to use the flight stand. I mean, this figure should be posed in flight. I just can't run the risk of ruining the suit. May have to try to mod the grabber somehow or create an armpit cradle or something. It really is a shame that he can't be posed how he should be, without marring it.

Sucks about the flight grabber causing marks on the suit. I think I'm going follow Rory's suggestion and cut pieces of the foam insert from the inner packaging of the QS001 to line the sides of the grabber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loontentoys need to get their fingers out of their butts, on this one. Still at pre-order stage?

I don't know what's going on but I've heard nothing from OneSixthBruce either. My order recently changed to 'order logged' after saying 'processing' for 6 months and I've heard nothing back from them after emailing twice.

I don't know what's going on but I've heard nothing from OneSixthBruce either. My order recently changed to 'order logged' after saying 'processing' for 6 months and I've heard nothing back from them after emailing twice.

Wai Man has put a list up on Facebook today detailing when figures are likely to be in. Supes is due in 3 to 6 weeks.

Well, I probably be sticking to a pretty standard pose now. Sucks...it would have been nice to pose him flying. I like the walking forward poses though.

Huh... I haven't gotten any notice on my Superman figure yet, ordered in July... and it looks like others who ordered after me have gotten theirs. Clearly they don't do it arranged by date of order. I wonder if it's random, or what?

Yeah I order in June and I still haven't received mine :dunno

I know there are a fair few up already, but my Brother just uploaded his HT MOS review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3FxyhlaNAc&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3YQlR0XnPDPghl2ZBuSKEw

Love these reviews- lots of time put into them!

Question for you guys, what kind of mods can we do to preserve the suit from the flying grip, someone mentioned foam. I wish HT would pre build this into the grips knowing that they could do damage.

Love these reviews- lots of time put into them!

Question for you guys, what kind of mods can we do to preserve the suit from the flying grip, someone mentioned foam. I wish HT would pre build this into the grips knowing that they could do damage.

The gripper is lined with foam already bt maybe adding a thicker piece would help bt like ive showed it barley leaves a mark at all and its not to the actual blue part of the suit...just the black detailing on the inside

Thanks Jam! Do you think from those reviews and pics that the black striping is the most vulnerable part of the suit? Is it molded into the suit and then just painted over in black?

Saw the mod that was painted over in a metallic blue, it seems more accurate to the movie and can be repainted if scraped off by the grip/stand.

I don't want to do too much modding if at all on such a great figure.

Those marks are barely noticeable. I'm not really too worried about it...

Worst case scenario, change up the pose somewhat frequently to avoid "pinch" marks...

Those marks are barely noticeable. I'm not really too worried about it...

Worst case scenario, change up the pose somewhat frequently to avoid "pinch" marks...

Dunno, the marks on mine were pretty strong after a few days. They have gotten a lot lighter now, but there to stay. Changing the pose will mean that you have layers of linear marks rather than just one. It's a real pity since the stand works very well good this fig.
Adding foam or sanding down the edges elimates the problem though.
Still impressed with this figure, it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Back