1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Guyver, I think you have the right idea--looks like they do some pulls off screen with black backgrounds. Most likely someone did a little bit of a wire mod with the cape to get the complex wrinkles.

Looks great in all your shots though--I was gonna pass on this, until I saw the shots you posted. Also saw that he is taller than the average figure. Cant wait to get him "hovering" over my collection!

I talked to one of the customer service people at SS about 3 days ago asking if they have a firm shipping date and they said they don't yet

Loving the hs on this but what with the toy-ish waist? The abdomen area is way too thin! Making the figure looks like an action figure. Apart from that, can't wait to get my hands on mine (no pun intended).

Usually HT put a padded trunk to hide the waist articulations, probably the suit is too thin to use one here... Could be done maybe...

My two main nitpicking are that they could have sculpted the serratus muscles and knees.
Ive done it on a few customs and with tight suit it looks always really good.

So talk about a bummer....listen to this garbage...mine was out for delivery this morn from post office @ 9:30 it said....waited all day and it never came and tracking status never changed either....so ab 3:45 I went to local post office to check it out and there was a sign on the door that they closed @ lunch for holidays....wtf really....now I will have to wait til after xmas! Still doesnt make sense to me tho how it was out for delivery in the status....hopefully it will be here 1st thing Thursday :banghead

The post office has pulled that same **** on me countless times over the last year with a wide variety of items that I've ordered whether they came from Amazon, online collectible sites, or overseas. It seems what they are doing is going ahead and scanning your item to update their tracking system so it will say its out for delivery when in reality its still going to remain at the post office until whenever they get around to delivering it. I think its because US postal just doesn't have enough people to deliver mail anymore that they are trying to trick their bosses to make it seem like the mail is still being delivered on time according to their delivery times when in reality it's not and your mail ends up being delivered a day or more late. It's basically fraud.

If there's ever been one figure that I want HT to make 100% accurate, it's Cavill's Superman.

Despite its flaws, this is my most anticipated figure. I can't wait until HT does an eventual DX release of Cavill's Superman

Last edited:

The post office has pulled that same **** on me countless times over the last year with a wide variety of items that I've ordered whether they came from Amazon, online collectible sites, or overseas. It seems what they are doing is going ahead and scanning your item to update their tracking system so it will say its out for delivery when in reality its still going to remain at the post office until whenever they get around to delivering it. I think its because US postal just doesn't have enough people to deliver mail anymore that they are trying to trick their bosses to make it seem like the mail is still being delivered on time according to their delivery times when in reality it's not and your mail ends up being delivered a day or more late. It's basically fraud.

That's a pretty serious accusation.

The pics are misleading. He is anything but skinny in person. Everything is pretty defined muscle wise.

Like I stated before, this figure could pass for a f###ing statue or PF by sculpting alone.

Just don't judge him by the pics.Wait till you see it in front of you.

There is nothing " Toyish " about him. :lecture

I also forgot to add if there was ever a HT figure that gave me the impression that it can resemble a statue or PF just by design alone, this is absolutely one of them. Meaning I could pose him in a position and the effect is ominous IMO. Especially if you utilize the stand like removing the rod temporarily.

This presence could probably fool novices into thinking this is a resin or statue. It leaves that big of an impression on me. :lecture

Lighting really makes it pop IMO

Again these are just my assumptions and opinions. You guys can be your own judge when he arrives.

I TOTALY agree! There are very few hot toys that are so well made they look like statues and closest ones so far are king Leonidas and supes!

Well doin some reading I found out that priority express mail is the only mail being delivered on xmas day and my package is just that bt who would actually deliver it?? Lol....our small towm post office is def closed and tracking says it passed thru Shreveport sort facility again last night at 10 pm....weird weird weird

Any UK'ers here that have brought from SSC? Was wondering how much you've been charged with customs?

Still not received mine yet buddy. But they usually charge me £40

Hope this helps

Bri

Still not received mine yet buddy. But they usually charge me £40

Hope this helps

Bri

That's no bad I guess, the overall price is still cheaper than any UK retailers!

Thanks for the help Bri!

No probs.
Interestingly enough I never got charged customs for my evil Superman.

But yeah £40 usually. ;)

Bri

Back