1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Spoiler Spoiler:

Haha. BTW: you are a deity amongst mortals for writing, "Leonidas's," instead of "Leonidas'." :lecture :clap So many people, including journalists, get that wrong nowadays. :dunno

damn they don't need to be writing!
I see a bunch of people type "men/women" when they should be saying "man/woman".

it does suck, but don't let it get you down. It is amusing how people hated Superman Returns, which was a Donner retread because it was boring and unoriginal. We now have a new exciting take on the character, and some still want to complain. I love the film, and refuse to let any one dampen that for me. Can't wait for this figure. I just need HT to do Zod and Faora-Ul. I'm on the fence with Jor-El. I might pick him up, but I just don't see him as essential to the collection like Superman and the baddies.

:exactly: I does not matter what anyone else thinks as long as you loved it. There are plenty of movies that i loved that others did not. I liked MOS but it i did not love it but thats just me. I have high hopes to be blown away by MOS 2. I hope HT makes Faora and I really hope she returns in a future film.

At the end of the class a professor of mine was complaining about how there was too much violence and destruction in this movie. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's astounding to me how so many seem to not understand this. I'm not saying for a minute that if a person didn't like MOS that they're close-minded. People dig what they dig, BUT there is that segment of those that cling onto the history of a character far too firmly.

I guess that's simply part and parcel for a character of Supes caliber. Many have a huge investment in these characters that they get something firmly set in there minds, and that's how it has to be or their not happy.

There is also the issue of them not really understaning that these characters are always changing and evolving. Superman in Action Comics #1 is not the same Superman we have in todays comics. A lot has changed in 75 years. Same with Batman, same with every comic character. they are always evolving through time. Heck Ma & Pa Kent's names even change throughout history. He wasn't even brought up by them in the beginning, we was brought up in an orphanage.

Last edited:
Haha. BTW: you are a deity amongst mortals for writing, "Leonidas's," instead of "Leonidas'." :lecture :clap So many people, including journalists, get that wrong nowadays. :dunno

Leonidas' is correct. They're both correct, usually it's a lack of consistency in how the writer applies their possessives that is the issue.

Cuz this is about Superman :D

Three more weeks until Comic-Con. Maybe we will see a modified version of this figure then? Jor-El or Zod would be nice too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't remember either!
But the TK was self evident since they showed us it at least twice. It cannot have been a mistake.

Spoiler Spoiler:

ohhhhhh. yeah, i haven't been following supes in the comics for a long while. but it does make perfect sense. i was just thinking from the perspective of the new movie alone.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love this new superman movie, better than IM3 :panic::panic::panic:

At the end of the class a professor of mine was complaining about how there was too much violence and destruction in this movie. :lol

Which was a valid point... it overshadows any character development.

I mean some of us want more than big explosions and buildings getting wrecked when we sit for two hours. It feels a little braindead.

Back