1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

"Zoe," lol.

Man_of_Steel_37095.jpg

...sorry Brooklyn, that was too funny. :cool:

Critic reception is pretty bad and the high imdb scores based off of initial hype usually end up levelling off with meta critic and RT when it's all said and done.

No the "internet" critic reception is bad. Even on RT the audience rating is 82%. Every person ive talked to seemed to love it, When I saw it in the theater the audience even applauded at the end. :dunno

To me Man of Steel is a lot like Batman Begins in that it's reforming the character we all know and love and reintroducing him for a modern audience. A lot of people didn't love Batman Begins either (personally I found it fantastic) but that took Batman to a totally new level and gave us an excellent trilogy. I have confidence that Snyder under the guidance of Nolan and Goyer can do the same for Superman.

No the "internet" critic reception is bad. Even on RT the audience rating is 82%. Every person ive talked to seemed to love it, When I saw it in the theater the audience even applauded at the end. :dunno

My theatre had an applause too. But manhattan crowds are a bit loopy.

...The problem is, though, that I and a lot of other people really don't care much what "the critics" have to say.

After all, I recall Avatar being pretty badly savaged by critics. With some justification, since it was a retelling of another film but in a sci-fi setting. No originality at all, just pretty visuals.

It went on to make a metric ton of money, though. The people, not the critics, had the final say. They will have it here too.

I almost missed a lot of movies that I really enjoyed, because some of my friends told me these movies sucked, and just because IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 4.0 or a 30% mark. I am my own person when it comes to movies, and I no longer get influenced by what other people think of the movie nor would I choke my own thoughts of it down other people's throats.

And please, in case there'd be more mention of Supermen actors past and present, please get the names right. Reeves is different from Reeve.

To me Man of Steel is a lot like Batman Begins in that it's reforming the character we all know and love and reintroducing him for a modern audience. A lot of people didn't love Batman Begins either (personally I found it fantastic) but that took Batman to a totally new level and gave us an excellent trilogy. I have confidence that Snyder under the guidance of Nolan and Goyer can do the same for Superman.

I wouldn't say people didn't like Batman Begins. I'd say it was more a thing where it flew under a lot of people's radar. The critics and the general audience liked it, but there really weren't a whole lot of people who saw it in the grand scheme of things. I actually think a good portion of the audience who went to see The Dark Knight were unaware that there was a movie that came before it.

Begins has favorable reviews...

I don't know where people are getting their sources for saying a movie was loved/unloved.

Checking RT and IMDB is simple.

I wouldn't say people didn't like Batman Begins. I'd say it was more a thing where it flew under a lot of people's radar. The critics and the general audience liked it, but there really weren't a whole lot of people who saw it in the grand scheme of things. I actually think a good portion of the audience who went to see The Dark Knight were unaware that there was a movie that came before it.

Batman begins had a much higher critical and fan reception than man of steel. Of course though at the time there was a lot less over saturation and expectations of superhero films in general.

I used to do the same thing. If someone told me a movie sucked I wouldn't bother to go watch it. My wife hated that about me lol. Now I'll go to the theater and decide for myself if the movie sucked or not.

My friends once argued with me after we saw Superman Returns that batman would never be more popular than Superman. I even had one friend who thought to message me and tell me how much he liked BB because everyone knows I love Batman and hardly anyone else cared about the movie. Honestly, I have a really high respect for anyone that tells me BB was their favorite of the trilogy, it was loved by the critics but not as many people cared about the series until the heath ledger hype (which was warranted). I bet a lot of people have TDK and TDKR at home on their shelf without BB. Not people on here, but you know, people.

Generally my opinion of what makes a movie good or bad aligns with the majority, either before or after I see a film. That being said there's a few very bad movies, that I admit are terrible that I enjoy. Punisher war zone is one of them. Just because I enjoy it does not mean its not a bad movie though.

I enjoyed watching this for watchings sake, but it was like walking up to a super hot chick and realizing she is an airhead. Nice to look at but there's not a whole heck of a lot of substance there to keep me intrigued for long.

My friends once argued with me after we saw Superman Returns that batman would never be more popular than Superman. I even had one friend who thought to message me and tell me how much he liked BB because everyone knows I love Batman and hardly anyone else cared about the movie. Honestly, I have a really high respect for anyone that tells me BB was their favorite of the trilogy.

I liked bb the best actually, I liked tdkr the least by a lot.

I'd rate bb 8.5/10
Dk 8/10
Tdkr 7/10

Man of steel 6/10

I liked bb the best actually, I liked tdkr the least by a lot.

I'd rate bb 8.5/10
Dk 8/10
Tdkr 7/10

Man of steel 6/10

Yeah, I think BB was the tightest of the 3. I had a lot of fun in MOS though, I enjoyed it except for the dialogue.

You know I just remembered, I work in a library and when TDK came out SOOO many people would check out BB and say "well I'm seeing the new one, might as well watch this one." I hated them all. :gah:

Tightest is a good word, I agree and it's why I think it's the better film. Just like godfather one is better than godfather 2 though some of the most memorable moments are from the second.

As film in and it's own it's just wrapped up tightest in terms of plot, editing, story and dialogue.

For those of you who didn't know - and I didn't - Play Arts Kai is also releasing Faora and Jor El. Both figures look quite good.

Play-Arts-Kai-Faora-2.jpg

PAK is certainly no Hot Toys, but then neither are their prices - or the wait-time. Since I am uncertain as to whether HT will release a version of either character, I will be picking up this Faora to go with my PAK Zod.

I am really not a fan of PAK figures in hand. They are quirky and fragile and stylized. I really hope HT does Faora

I think Play Arts are pretty cool. Especially their stuff for anime styled stuff like Street Fighter and Metal Gear, but their prices are going up pretty high as well. They do have a lot of quality control issues with the product they put out for the prices they're asking.

Just came back from the movie and woo and a flick! Absolutely loved it and made me even more assured of POing both this and the PF :yess:

Thought you were done with 1/6.

Back