1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Don't fudge the sculpt HT. Likeness too good. Don't listen to the crazies!

04e909e7-fb16-4722-8c25-ce039bd9ac27-13ManOfSteel(1).jpg
10141_10151446325947344_2124552190_n.jpg

I would agree, but I won't make a final judgement of the sculpt until I in hand pics from candid shots that are not photoshopped like this probably is. Nevertheless, I am absolutely blown away from what I see now. I mean when u can tell it is the actor straight away it is obviously a good sculpt.

:eek

Seeing more angles, I think the torso is fine, it's just the thighs and the forearms that could make a huge difference if slimmed down.

Yeah I agree, I find it ironic that they used such a big muscular body for this but for the Roadblock they used a smaller less muscular body. :cuckoo:

Its a prototype. but keep the complaints up so they remember to fix it. :lol

I preordered 2. For the first time, my older brother wants a high end collectible.

I can't to see the movie. Unfortunately it doesn't come out for 2 weeks.

Look at those thighs. He's been doing his squats!

6585_4352325144872_1962167324_n.jpg
the sculpt and body here may be pre-production. the latest pictures show what appears to be tweaks made. i wonder who has this one in his display? :)

902053_press01-001.jpg

Last edited:

Is that because this looks so dam real and accurate from the promo pics?

Yeah. He likes the look of it and he's really pumped to see the movie.

He normally collects trolls.
He has a little one of you on his desk right now.

Oh...... get lost.

How is what I am asking considered trolling?

I was just trying to establish what type of people are now starting to want action figures. Just like how more and more statue collectors are now collecting 1/4 scale figures instead of collecting statues now.

Oh...... get lost.

I was just trying to establish what type of people are now starting to want action figures. Just like how more and more statue collectors are now collecting 1/4 scale figures instead of collecting statues now.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this is his first, but he's been interested in my collection and he just wants a few DC characters.

I thought you were about to make the point that if the guy did collect figures, he wouldn't want one with legs and arms as inaccurate as this one.
It seemed like the direction you were heading.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this is his first, but he's been interested in my collection and he just wants a few DC characters.

Ok fair enough, sorry if u took my response the wrong way, I guess I just don't know how to explain things right.

:peace

I thought you were about to make the point that if the guy did collect figures, he wouldn't want one with legs and arms as inaccurate as this one.
It seemed like the direction you were heading.

Oh I am guessing u thought that because I agreed with others that the body was too big. Nah that was the farthest thing from my mind, when I was replying to Helghan. I am sorry if it sounded like that. We cool now?

I've preordered this but I really hope they fix some things.

I realize this is a prototype but I think the Reeve superman is still a better of the 2.. I want this version to best it.

1 Fix the body that is shown here... needs to be slimmed down overall. I think Reeve body is a great base the way it shows in a suit like this (those who own that fig know what Im talking about) but the arms on that body would need to be bigger to reflect Cavils build.

2 The hope badge could be a tad bigger across the chest.

3 The arm gauntlets are bothering me because they look very thick aswell being actual gauntlets instead of being part of the suit like the detailing down the side.

4 The cape is the wrong material and wrong color, we'll need customs knowing HT track record with capes.

5 The sculpt is good but there is room to improve. Cheek bones could be more defined and the hair slightly fuller on the sides of the crown.

Some will argue but if I could photoshop all these details I believe. We'd all see a big improvement of a figure.

I think the boots need to come up higher too

I think the boots need to come up higher too

I thought about that too, but I think it's the body bulk that's throwing that off. If the body was slimmed down overall the boots would appear longer.
I just hope the ankle articulation isnt hindered by a rigid material for the boots.

I have read posts about wanting a *flight* stand as opposed to a *hover* stand.
I just popped up to work to make a couple of items for members here, so i took time out and made a flight stand that uses the waist grabber, but from below.
Is this the thing you guys are after?:

IMG_3861.jpg~original

Very nice flight stand! :clap

Kidulttoy uploaded a video of the window display. It gives a better representation of the figure than with the photos

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvn1OXRlnbM[/ame]

Back