1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

My MOS display. This figure is pant****tingly awesome. Top 3 for sure.. Along with DX11 and DX13.

1521766_10152078579915589_1756358418_n.jpg

Very nice pic bud, love the lighting.

Actually I think I just had a better idea... Make a base that has rods on it that sits inside the case so they are not permanently attached to the case. And maybe even find a way to make it adjustable.

If I'm thinking of what you are thinking, then I'm pretty certain they did something similar for the Bat-Pod so that the cape was in the air to give the impression he is actually moving forward

go on...?

I'm intrigued...

They sell computer microphones and/or USB powered LED lights on a flexible metal pole(Like the one that holes the MOS up on the HT stand, but a lot thinner).
It would be a job of ten minutes or less to drill two or three pilot holes in a base to accept those things to be used to hold up the cape.

They sell computer microphones and/or USB powered LED lights on a flexible metal pole(Like the one that holes the MOS up on the HT stand, but a lot thinner).
It would be a job of ten minutes or less to drill two or three pilot holes in a base to accept those things to be used to hold up the cape.

Good thinking

And I suppose if you wanted to use a standard stand, a black coat hanger would do the trick

May not need wired after all

Good thinking

And I suppose if you wanted to use a standard stand, a black coat hanger would do the trick

May not need wired after all

Here's the kind of thing i was meaning.
I didn't have more than half an hour to spare(Or i would have made something cooler), but here's a stand with a couple of those flexi USB lights.
I know it's rough, but i can already think of ways to improve it.

C567F5FD-E723-44B6-9E4F-4810063EB511.jpg

06A7D4D7-6E08-4DA6-9079-6E15A15****F.jpg

057FC18F-A15B-4183-A60A-11A93405B491.jpg

A5E8E04B-D21E-4A3B-B247-530606329FD8.jpg

ECDB557A-494D-4A37-8217-C83C5FE20018.jpg

for those of you that have the figure, can the waist hugger from the stand be removed and put on a clear acrylic rod to help the illusion of flying?

for those of you that have the figure, can the waist hugger from the stand be removed and put on a clear acrylic rod to help the illusion of flying?

I know I've removed it and put it on the IM clear rod with no problems, but the new stand isn't as noticeable as it appears to be, there are ways to make it not stand out as much especially utilizing the use of the length of the cape

So I still haven't received my 14 day notice and I ordered in June. I'm kinda new to collecting so I don't if I should be worried. Thoughts anyone???

Maybe they are doing the pre-orders in alphabetical order.
Are you named Zachary Zzizz?
Seriously though, are you paying in full? Or doing flex pay?

Pic is GREAT - great job... the size difference is really bugging me (which is Hot Toys' bad). I'm glad I'm only getting Supes, and he'll be posed on his own... he's freakishly tall. Other than that, he looks like a cool figure - even the black doesn't bother me. Though one wonders why Hot Toys didn't just make the black parts to match the movie instead, and make him shorter like he should be? Someone suggested its because his muscle body would look too freakish shorter, but he's Superman - he's supposed to have freaky muscles!

He's raised up in the pic.. I have him levitating with the dynamic stand.. This way it makes him look like he's taller due to levitation and not his actual height.

Ok, thank you for your help :wave

Yeah, sometimes you are first in line ordering, and last to get billed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason that Sideshow will ever reveal.
I got in less than 60 seconds after the Midas went up, and didn't get billed for a whole week.
It happens.

Sidious, you gotta see this movie! Really puts some context into the figure--I remember seeing pics of his costume at first with doubts. The movie does a nice job of tying in Superman's costume with Kryptonian culture, really playing up the "Alien" aspect of Superman.

Once you see it, you will want to pick up this fig even more--maybe even two some some peeps here!

I will get round to seeing it soon my friend.

Anyways I pre-ordered him last night so the deed is done. I just couldn't miss out on this fantastic figure. :yess:

So I still haven't received my 14 day notice and I ordered in June. I'm kinda new to collecting so I don't if I should be worried. Thoughts anyone???

I'd call them instead of waiting, better safe than sorry. :dunno

Back