1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Yes please, mine is coming from DVDWorld USA and has small Supes and Zod in the pack but they don't look so great in the photo. Write up says by Gentle Giant. I am not entirely sure which one you have...?

I think this is one of the figures from the exclusive set you bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DC-UNI...31?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5af64a87e7,i just bought one from this seller ,honestly doesn't look too bad in his pics ,he also has the best buy batman and superman figures as a combo deal for less than $10 free postage https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-...5029?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51b305aea5

He lists it as a best buy figure ,but looking at it it looks bigger and better made and with a removable base like the supes and zod set https://www.auctiva.com/hostedimage...,708206089&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0 anyway compared to mattels 4 inch figures ,not bad for $9 delivered lol

Thanks for that LIBBY, it does indeed look like one of the figures...and much better than I'd anticipated, to be honest.

When you buy sets like this, the extras are usually a bit duff. But if these are the ones, then they'll be a nice companion piece. This is a gift for my wife...I already have the 'Shield' 3D version on the way from Amazon France...

[ame]https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00DSKW8U4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

...which should arrive tomorrow! We'll have Superman flying around our living room tomorrow night :yess:

cool ive got expectations of my french man of steel blu ray arriving tommorrow as well ,fingers crossed lol

...and I watched it yesterday, for the first time in 3D and honestly, it makes it look much better.

Still not as good as my expectations were, but it sure is an action packed movie.

Too bad characterization is so meh...

I am getting te figure. The look is pretty good, but the film!
I really did not like it. I was so looking forward to seeing it, and saw it at the cinema in Poland. I wasn't impressed.
I bought the bluray knowing that I wasn't impressed with the movie, and watched it a couple of nights ago. I turned it off before the end.

Is it just me, or is anyone else fed up of repeated shots of superheroes flying bad guys through buildings, which crumble and collapse? Once is spectacular. Any thing else is boring. And as a mate asked me last night.. How many people did Supes actually cause the death of in his one man crusade to destroy the buildings if the city?

Back to the figure. It does look cool, despite the movie.

...and I watched it yesterday, for the first time in 3D and honestly, it makes it look much better.

Still not as good as my expectations were, but it sure is an action packed movie.

Too bad characterization is so meh...

Yeah. It's a pity.
I love the visuals, and have the figures on order(And i am a big Superman fan in general). There was some great action. We got to see a lot of what super powered kryptonians can don at their peak.
But i don't feel that Superman was any particularly great hero in the movie.
Storyline could have been a lot better.
It was *okay* but should have been better.

I must be crazy but I LOVED the movie.

I'm not much of a Superman fan so maybe that's why.

Superman is a character that I wish I enjoyed in his comic books, but his stories never grab me.

I read around 20 something comic book series monthly and Superman isn't even one of them. I really wish I could change that, but every time I read anything from him it's so "blah".

The movie provided me with the superman story I've been craving for so long so that's why I have attached myself to this version of the character. Def buying the Bluray and this Hot Toys fig when it's eventually released.

This is by far the best Superman story I've ever read. The first book was AMAZING...the second was ok.
qaqume8a.jpg

I finally preorder this fatty (kidding!!), I'll probably end up getting him and Zod. Might as well. Everything aside, I think this is my favorite incarnation of "modern" Superman.

You're not crazy. Or maybe we all are. I liked it too. Nothing wrong with liking something for what ever reason you choose. Haters gonna hate so why worry.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

You're not crazy. Or maybe we all are. I liked it too. Nothing wrong with liking something for what ever reason you choose. Haters gonna hate so why worry.

I know but sooooo many critics gave it horrible reviews. I thought it was perfect.

Well, maybe not the end. I found it stupid that after the city has been destroyed Clark just roles into the daily planet like nothing ever happened lol. And the scenes with the staff of the daily planet surviving the chaos was a tad cheesy as well. They should have had one of them die to add to the drama.

And I found the scene where Clark allows his dad to die was brilliant. Nothing could have made Clark not reveal his identity in the future besides that traumatic experience. Why would he reveal his identity to others when his father died to protect it? Great storytelling there IMO

And I loved that Lois Lane figured out who Superman was. She is an award winning journalist for goodness sakes...good for her!

Sorry for the long post, I've been meaning to express myself regarding this movie for a long time lol.

P.S. Username, I'm curios to know what your brother thought of the movie as he is the biggest Superman fan I've ever seen.

At least he will probably learn to be careful the next time he wages a battle in Metropolis. LOL, gotta say, he was pretty careless when it came to making sure everyone was safe when they went at it compared to, lets say, Superman II. But hey, this is supposed to be a new origin story so he has things to learn, including not to kill anyone anymore since killing the last Kryptonian other than himself should really weigh on him, I think. I'm interested to see how they will go about part 2 with the Batman involved, and possibly Lex.

Yeah. It's a pity.
I love the visuals, and have the figures on order(And i am a big Superman fan in general). There was some great action. We got to see a lot of what super powered kryptonians can don at their peak.
But i don't feel that Superman was any particularly great hero in the movie.
Storyline could have been a lot better.
It was *okay* but should have been better.

Exactly! I enjoyed the movie a lot and have the characters on preorder, plus the hs by Toria, but I still think that the movie was lacking a little something. I never really cared about any of the characters and watched it as just one giant roller coaster. Still, a good movie but not the ultimate Superman movie for sure!:)

I must be crazy but I LOVED the movie.

I'm not much of a Superman fan so maybe that's why.

Superman is a character that I wish I enjoyed in his comic books, but his stories never grab me.

I read around 20 something comic book series monthly and Superman isn't even one of them. I really wish I could change that, but every time I read anything from him it's so "blah".

The movie provided me with the superman story I've been craving for so long so that's why I have attached myself to this version of the character. Def buying the Bluray and this Hot Toys fig when it's eventually released.

This is by far the best Superman story I've ever read. The first book was AMAZING...the second was ok.
qaqume8a.jpg

Which explains why we have diverging opinions about the movie. Of all the retellings of Superman origins, this is the one I like the least. I enjoyed Birthright a lot more. SEO makes him look too much like Spidey: a young, undecided teen with no real aim in his life. Very contemporary of course, but not Superman for me. However, I really enjoyed that Lois is a dead ringer for Jennifer Carpenter! :)

At least he will probably learn to be careful the next time he wages a battle in Metropolis. LOL, gotta say, he was pretty careless when it came to making sure everyone was safe when they went at it compared to, lets say, Superman II. But hey, this is supposed to be a new origin story so he has things to learn, including not to kill anyone anymore since killing the last Kryptonian other than himself should really weigh on him, I think. I'm interested to see how they will go about part 2 with the Batman involved, and possibly Lex.
[ame]https://youtu.be/kz-MWpdKtuI[/ame]

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Exactly! I enjoyed the movie a lot and have the characters on preorder, plus the hs by Toria, but I still think that the movie was lacking a little something. I never really cared about any of the characters and watched it as just one giant roller coaster. Still, a good movie but not the ultimate Superman movie for sure!:)

Which explains why we have diverging opinions about the movie. Of all the retellings of Superman origins, this is the one I like the least. I enjoyed Birthright a lot more. SEO makes him look too much like Spidey: a young, undecided teen with no real aim in his life. Very contemporary of course, but not Superman for me. However, I really enjoyed that Lois is a dead ringer for Jennifer Carpenter! :)

It's so funny how people can have different taste lol

Good post though, I love hearing others opinions.

I think MOS is mediocre at best. There's some good stuff in there, but overall I feel like the movie is incomplete. I feel like the movie just gave us the bare minimum of everything and really didn't take it's time or build up to anything. There were no real special or iconic moments imo which is surprising because when I watched the trailers it seemed like the movie was going to be full of them, but it really wasn't. I'm hoping Snyder has an extended cut up his sleeve. I feel like it could help the movie a lot.

Last edited:

I loved the movie, in fact it’s become my favourite superhero movie. That epic fight scene with Zod…finally!! Finally we get to see an actual super powered all-out fight in a city, I think they pushed it too far and over the top which was awesome and just far enough, it’s a movie after all and why not push it till you’re saying ‘oh hell yeah’ with a big smile on your face. The fight went into space!! That’s just awesome!. Superman is an alien, an outsider and not human, not only physiologically but mentally and emotionally. Sure he was raised by a human family but that, I imagine, would have only made Him feel more alien in comparison. Kryptonians are a more evolved race and like Faora said have evolved past sentiments of morality and a lot of the emotions that we humans are still saturated in. Am sure to Superman humanity would seem like teenagers, mentally and emotionally. The first part of His life Superman is alone and in hiding which is a far leap from accepting the role of earths mightiest hero. He hasn’t accepted that role so there is no connection to the hero. This movie was all about Him coming to terms with the fact of who he is and his circumstances and the decision on what to do with that. The hero superman we all know…that comes later.

LOL I was thinking the exact same scene. He was trying to keep people out of harm's way during that whole battle whereas in Man of Steel, it didn't seem like he could care less... just monstrous punches after another creating shockwaves and exploding buildings. :lol Growing pains I guess. Still a good movie though, not something I would go crazy over but enjoyable like IM3.

....All of the complaining about MoS, when if the original movie were released today the Internet would implode under the sheer weight of the hate and scorn it would engender. Because truth, if it were not for CR that movie has very little to offer.

But, because its old that makes it perfect, while anything that comes after is bad simply because its NOT the old one. Nothing the filmmakers can do at this point will be lauded, which is why I think it would be better to just not waste the money doing "Batfleck Hates Superman;" but that is just me. The franchise is doomed.

Back