Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess i wasn't meant to get this one. i've been around the computer all week. leave for a couple of hours and it's gone!!! :mad:

Its weird how that works. I work a job that doesn't always allow me access to a computer. I put in for the email notice but haven't been checking in frequently. This thing hit on a day I happen to have off, and the email buzzed my cell phone as I was walking with it in hand to take a nap, where I would certainly have missed my shot had I or the email been off by five minutes. I just got lucky.

If anyone missed out, here is one for a pretty horrible price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PreOrder-H...9866?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item257d45b36a

Presumably the guy who ordered 5 or whatever.

Smh despicable...

So pumped I scored this :rock :rock :rock No way was I passing on this even though the price tags are starting to get silly.

I've been holding out on my points for something that I found really worth it.... and that finally came. Scored this guy for $198.99 before shipping :banana

:hi5: Congrats bro!

That was insane. I think more opportunist got this than fans did

Should I let you answer that Sam? :wink1:

Thanks.

Geez. In between my last post saying i got one, and waking up this morning, 15 pages of people moaning about missing out and how expensive it was?
These things will always be limited to an extent.
But we have learned from the MKVI Movie Promo that you will always make your money back if you gamble the cost on one.
My thinking is that the MKVII and BD MKVII will make for an awesome detolf display.
And when i get mine if i decide i prefer the standard one, perhaps i'd be able to swap the BD version for a MKVI Movie promo.
:hi5:

Geez. In between my last post saying i got one, and waking up this morning, 15 pages of people moaning about missing out and how expensive it was?
These things will always be limited to an extent.
But we have learned from the MKVI Movie Promo that you will always make your money back if you gamble the cost on one.
My thinking is that the MKVII and BD MKVII will make for an awesome detolf display.
And when i get mine if i decide i prefer the standard one, perhaps i'd be able to swap the BD version for a MKVI Movie promo.
:hi5:
Or for that matter trade the BD version for a Mark 4 and regular Mark6 lol

Man HT should made the stand with a clear tube. So it can be posed on flight mode blasting the chintauri.

Man HT should made the stand with a clear tube. So it can be posed on flight mode blasting the chintauri.

At that point in the Avengers movie. Mk. 7 should lay flat on his back beside the Chitauri with the face mask ripped off option and together with an unconcious HS.

Besides I supose Tony is more humane than that.... and not blasting a Chitauri that's already dead or defeated at that point in time

I tried ordering this about 10 minutes after getting the email about 11:30pm UK time, but nothing. Spent ages trying to get past the submit purchase page only to be told it is not available in my region.

Canadian and I still got one! :yess:

Almost used my points on this but decided to save it for another time.

At that point in the Avengers movie. Mk. 7 should lay flat on his back beside the Chitauri with the face mask ripped off option and together with an unconcious HS.

Besides I supose Tony is more humane than that.... and not blasting a Chitauri that's already dead or defeated at that point in time

I'm just talking about a pose. Nothing movie accurate. It would look cool.

I feel it is a deterrent for NON limited figures. Limited figures like this overrides in most cases that deterrent because of the high chances of making a very nice profit from it.
I mean I'm not buying any figures since a long time as I don't really collect at all, but if I did collect, I wouldn't see why I would want this figure given that the regular version cost less and has battle damaged parts. I can clearly see that future investments and profit is a huge factor determining why collectors would buy this version and any one who says it's not true, it's a liar LOL.

HT should know which are the figures that will sell and we are talking about Iron Man here. That is why we can see the substantial price increase for the new suits. This is also the reason why I think price will not be similar to the ones that people paid for BD Mark VI previously.

$295 is not surprising to me because price in Singapore is already above $300 (without any other charges) and usually HT prices in Singapore are almost the same as US if not slightly cheaper.

Oh poo looks like I missed it, what's the of sideshow giving the option to sign up for notifications when then don't send any

I was out to dinner tonight and the place had a fortune teller machine there, i asked how much this will be worth by its released date,she said over 1000.00 (sorry who didnt get this)

Not availible outside U.S - Whats that all about? Joke.

Sucks, I know, but what can you do eh? Congrats to everyone who got one

Can't say i'm not frustrated, I was on it straight away and then had to just watch them sell out

The worst thing is knowing that SS are unavoidably selling to people who are buying purely to sell on to those who can't get it directly and will sell it for a ridiculous price

If I remember correctly, someoen suggested this very tactic in this thread and called it a 'favour', ha! yeah, charge me double, you've done me a solid there!

I put one on flex....used some points as well....got it for $260....after the the NRD....it's 3 payments of $78

Last edited:
Back