Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd much rather respond with Vandermemes to this guy, but I'll have to agree with your point. I'll join your club sir. Guess this guy thinks riding the train and owning a car are mutually exclusive.
:hi5:

remember, YOU'RE the one that quoted me first. what's the matter, do you need to feel superior because you ordered a figure on the BART ahead of us all?

like i said before, enjoy the figure because i know i'll be enjoying my life. i've been blessed with so many things so have fun with your little plastic affirmation of feeling alive. :yess:

i work at home and am around my computer most every day and night. if people were given PROPER notice, they could have made it a point to be around for a chance to order. you know, like the 100s of PPOs sideshow has done previously.

and you think an email saying...BUY IT NOW on a friday rush hour commute is a fair shot for all with only ourselves to blame if we didn't get an order in? i think i'd rather have my own business, my hot wife, my new car and my paid for house than this figure. living well IS the best revenge. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Those who didn't see this in time to order it didn't have the force with them. It was clear from the beginning that this would be limited with only SS distributing in the US, and only so many going to the US. Sideshow has barred other countries before, like with the Christopher Reeve Superman EX . This is not unprecedented. Sideshow offers things up for preorder at odd times sometimes, like midnight.
The email notice warned people to get on the email list for the figure.

All these talks about hot wives...this thread is useless without pics!

a1.jpg

:gah: *********! The preorder email has to come in the middle of the night, in this part of the world! 2:04 AM!!!

What time would you expect it to come up when it is a US based company in the PST time zone? It is most likely going to come up during THEIR business hours. Besides, this is for the US only, so I think the point is rather moot.

Wasn't this the same guy who was being criticized and labeled as a "bad buyer/seller" in the marketplace forum?

Not sure, I never look in the marketplace forum-but he's the one that broke the news first, so big thanks to that guy!

remember, YOU'RE the one that quoted me first. what's the matter, do you need to feel superior because you ordered a figure on the BART ahead of us all?

like i said before, enjoy the figure because i know i'll be enjoying my life. i've been blessed with so many things so have fun with your little plastic affirmation of feeling alive. :yess:

Whatev bud... I'm on topic. You're the one that took it to grade school back and forth... and what better than Vandermemes to get your point across!

Those who didn't see this in time to order it didn't have the force with them. It was clear from the beginning that this would be limited with only SS distributing in the US, and only so many going to the US. Sideshow has barred other countries before, like with the Christopher Reeve Superman EX . This is not unprecedented. Sideshow offers things up for preorder at odd times sometimes, like midnight.
The email notice warned people to get on the email list for the figure.

i work at home and am around my computer most every day and night. if PROPER notice was given, people would have made it a point to be around for a shot at ordering. i don't believe a late email on a friday eastern time rush hour saying ORDER NOW is proper notification. sideshow wanted a way to weed out the rush because of their pathetic servers crashing every time a PPO is done. i would have rather seen some sort of draw system from the email database giving a random n/l subscriber a 24 hour window to order. they could have eaten up the orders very easily and the item would have sold out by the end of the weekend. this item doesn't ship until july so what was the rush and the ignorant way of putting this item up for order?

We have 800 for HK, 600 for Singapore and the upcoming 500 for Thailand, so that makes up 1900 pieces already. We do not know how many pieces US is getting but all have been sold out now, barring some which will be cancelled which of course will be taken up very soon because many will be on waiting list to pounce on it.

So it really seems that $300 is not a deterrent to Iron Man fans and scalpers. If you still have a chance to get it, I will say better pull the trigger first because there are still many of them out there who will pay extra to get yours.

We have 800 for HK, 600 for Singapore and the upcoming 500 for Thailand, so that makes up 1900 pieces already. We do not know how many pieces US is getting but all have been sold out now, barring some which will be cancelled which of course will be taken up very soon because many will be on waiting list to pounce on it.

So it really seems that $300 is not a deterrent to Iron Man fans and scalpers. If you still have a chance to get it, I will say better pull the trigger first because there are still many of them out there who will pay extra to get yours.
I feel it is a deterrent for NON limited figures. Limited figures like this overrides in most cases that deterrent because of the high chances of making a very nice profit from it.
I mean I'm not buying any figures since a long time as I don't really collect at all, but if I did collect, I wouldn't see why I would want this figure given that the regular version cost less and has battle damaged parts. I can clearly see that future investments and profit is a huge factor determining why collectors would buy this version and any one who says it's not true, it's a liar LOL.

So everyone was pissed at the price and now that its sold out everyone is sad? :lol And people want things like the Lizard or Professor X as con exclusives? :lol Everyone has gotten lax with HT lately thinking things will sit around like several products have over the last year. The truth is that isn't the case anymore. I think HT realized they were over producing and are purposely under producing now. And when they do a "promo" item like this, its even rarer.

Its always better to order and cancel later than to never order at all :lecture

Can't please everyone. There will always be ******** from both sides. I'm glad this version was extremely limited just to shut those yeppers that want close limited editions, or not.

Back