Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said earlier in this thread, it would make no sense for it to be a SDCC exclusive. Its already a movie promo exclusive and depending on how many they make, will probably sell out. What would be the purpose of giving it a second exclusive brand? I'm not saying I know squat, but it wouldn't make sense to me.

:goodpost::goodpost:

58976_10151345053167344_1356117341_n.jpg

How does stark get his knee in there?

It looks the same to me (granted design difference for the MKVII) but the head, however, looks to have the ability to lean back more than previous versions because less is sculpted at the bottom on the back.

i quoted the wrong pic. look at the peg connecting the head. its looks totally different from the standard "light ball" they have used for other MK's

s2cr9t.jpg

the head in the other pic is also sitting really far back from the neck. something none of the other armors can do with a standard ball and socket.

time will tell, but im optimistic they have ditched the old design so we can have some greater movement out of the head.

also, i see no on/off switch on the neck itself...hrmmm light up features moved into the helmet maybe?

Last edited:
What does a knee have to do with a purchase :lol

If it's not "limited", I'll pass in favor of the die cast series. If limited, I am all over it

Why does it matter if it's limited or not? If you like it, buy it. If you're going to buy it for it's resale value, you're better off buying gold. It's a far better investment. Hot Toy's definition of "limited" doesn't mean anything anyway. Even if they end up publishing a number, they're not going to stick by it anyway. It's a Chinese company we're talking about. That being said, it's a good looking mark--Don't let the "limited" moniker sway you in one direction or the other.

Why does it matter if it's limited or not? If you like it, buy it. If you're going to buy it for it's resale value, you're better off buying gold. It's a far better investment. Hot Toy's definition of "limited" doesn't mean anything anyway. Even if they end up publishing a number, they're not going to stick by it anyway. It's a Chinese company we're talking about. That being said, it's a good looking mark--Don't let the "limited" moniker sway you in one direction or the other.

Haha, racism. You're so edgy and cool.

As I said earlier in this thread, it would make no sense for it to be a SDCC exclusive. Its already a movie promo exclusive and depending on how many they make, will probably sell out. What would be the purpose of giving it a second exclusive brand? I'm not saying I know squat, but it wouldn't make sense to me.

well in the PR it says that the figure would be "available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period." by the time IM3 comes out, clean MK7 should be stateside. then SDCC rolls around in july(?)- what would be a more special promotion than that?

I was just looking on Forbidden Planet to see when they had Loki down as coming out when saw this had been added and was £229.99 which is only £20 more then the normal mark VII, bargain I thought. Then noticed it was actually for the Mark 42 diecast and they'd just used the wrong picture :slap :(

well in the PR it says that the figure would be "available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period." by the time IM3 comes out, clean MK7 should be stateside. then SDCC rolls around in july(?)- what would be a more special promotion than that?

Anything is possible. The highlighted part could mean anything and nothing. I just based my opinion on what they've done and NOT done in the past. If something is already a MOVIE PROMO EXCLUSIVE, does making it a SDCC EXCLUSIVE also make it any more special? Does SDCC exclusivity TRUMP the movie promo exclusivity?

Plus, PO for 800 has already been set. AND at least 1 retailer ( toywiz ) has sold out of these on their website. Do those 800 that were PO'd under the MOVIE PROMO tag, get SDCC surprisingly added?

Finally, I'm sure there are licencing issue too between whoever owns the MOVIE PROMO rights and SDCC right.

But again, this is just my opinion. I'm a musician and not a brain cell in HT or Marvels head. :wave

FP have this up for £230, tempted to stick in a PO just incase for whatever reason Sideshow don't get this....

FP have this up for £230, tempted to stick in a PO just incase for whatever reason Sideshow don't get this....

No, unfortunately they don't. I contacted them as the pic/description were miles off - it's changed to the Mk 42 now. They're looking in to the Mk 7 special thingy version too though.

I just found a post in Chinese on Toy Hunters FB page. I also found a great translating tool on google. Here is the exact translation.

"Iron Man 3" 1:6 proportion Mark XLII collection of dolls are still reservations, in order to relieve the queuing situation, the company decided to intended UA "Avengers" 1:6 ratio Battle Damage Mark VII Limited Collector dolls(film during limited) change the booking date for April 17 to April 24, so booking period is extended to 8, held UA "Avengers" 1:6 ratio of battle damage Mark VII limited Collector dolls (movie limited) the person before selling coupons are available at the above date to the reservation, hoping to shorten the waiting time of the customer!

Please note:
"Avengers Alliance" 1:6 proportion Battle Damage Mark VII Limited Collector dolls (Film Limited) pick up the order will be carried out in the form of a random draw, that is not to send the goods in accordance with the priorities of the booking date, please customers do not have to rush to go in the first day of Toy Hunters Order

I guess this will go up for PO in HK April 24. And probably between April 24 and May 3 here. I guess. Clearly, the translation needs translating.:dunno:slap

Last edited:
Back