Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like an angry leperchaun in this pic. :lol :lol :lol

0831-00322-002b3.jpg

There's no way I would pay this much for this figure, even if I could afford it right now. Also, the X-Men movie outfits just weren't that visually interesting to me. What I would luv to see is a Beast from X-Men: First Class. I don't know if I would order any of the others characters from XFC but definitely Beast, that design (makeup and outfit) was simply awesome, maybe Azazel as well but the suit really detracted from his appearance IMO. I would also luv to have a Nightcrawler in a yellow/blue Jim Lee/X:FC type outfit, or in his original red, white and black outfit.

:goodpost:

Beast was near perfect in FC and Azazel was such a visually unique badass character he'd be awesome as a fig

:nonoYou guys will be eating your words when HT starts producing the rest of the X-Men. I would have never bought Hawkeye as a stand alone figure. I only did because I intend on collecting the entire group. As most of us will agree have done. Many of you will do the same when it comes to this guy too.

I'm taking notes. :joy

:nonoYou guys will be eating your words when HT starts producing the rest of the X-Men. I would have never bought Hawkeye as a stand alone figure. I only did because I intend on collecting the entire group. As most of us will agree have done. Many of you will do the same when it comes to this guy too.

I'm taking notes. :joy

Won't even need that. As soon as in hand photos show up people will be scrambling to get him. Exactly like the last one.

Won't even need that. As soon as in hand photos show up people will be scrambling to get him. Exactly like the last one.

I'm not so sure. It's not like he's a must have piece that you'd want unless your a wolverine or X-men fan. Especially since a lot of folk will already have either the XO or their own custom.

The general feeling around the board seems to be that these things are just starting to become too expensive and I don't think this rendition of wolverine is a must have to the general collector or the type of people like me who don't particularly collect lines but just cool looking pieces or great head sculpts.

Also Rzeznikk does make a good point about the new movie.

There's so much stuff (too much!) coming out and also and inflated prices that I think maybe people passing will become more common.

Even as a massive Wolverine fan, if I missed out it wouldn't bother me in the way it bothers me when I see how much Blade goes for now!

I'm not so sure. It's not like he's a must have piece that you'd want unless your a wolverine or X-men fan. Especially since a lot of folk will already have either the XO or their own custom.

The general feeling around the board seems to be that these things are just starting to become too expensive and I don't think this rendition of wolverine is a must have to the general collector or the type of people like me who don't particularly collect lines but just cool looking pieces or great head sculpts.

Also Rzeznikk does make a good point about the new movie.

There's so much stuff (too much!) coming out and also and inflated prices that I think maybe people passing will become more common.

Even as a massive Wolverine fan, if I missed out it wouldn't bother me in the way it bothers me when I see how much Blade goes for now!

I think you're 100% right on all your points. My take is that he will look more attractive once they begin producing the other X-Men figures. We can all agree that each of the Avengers figures aren't perfect and even questionable as seperate buys. But they look fantastic as a whole group.

My take is that he will look more attractive once they begin producing the other X-Men figures. We can all agree that each of the Avengers figures aren't perfect and even questionable as seperate buys. But they look fantastic as a whole group.

Absolutely right. Unfortunately 95% of their licenses don't get a whole group.

They've done 2/5 of SP with only three figures to go and despite the benefit of better individual sales when customers are assured of a whole set / team they don't look likely to bother.

Imagine how less Hawkeye would sell if there was no Cap & Hulk & BW.

:nono how dare you trivialize the X-Men :thwak

:) I love the X-men! 10 x more than the Avengers. At least with most X fans they have been around for a long time unlike a lot of these new Avengers fans that probably have never picked up a Thor or Hawkeye comic in their life! :rotfl

My take is that he will look more attractive once they begin producing the other X-Men figures

As for the set, yes that does make it more attractive. I guess we have to wait and see. If they could somehow make the original X-men in their original outfits (not leather), they would sell like crazy. Not that I don't like the leather, I just think the figures would look more impressive in the original format.

I'd buy every one in a heart beat (and sell everything else :lol)

Absolutely right. Unfortunately 95% of their licenses don't get a whole group.

They've done 2/5 of SP with only three figures to go and despite the benefit of better individual sales when customers are assured of a whole set / team they don't look likely to bother.

Imagine how less Hawkeye would sell if there was no Cap & Hulk & BW.

:exactly: If they weren't going to make a Hulk or Cap, they wouldn't sell even 1 Hawkeye.

:) I love the X-men! 10 x more than the Avengers. At least with most X fans they have been around for a long time unlike a lot of these new Avengers fans that probably have never picked up a Thor or Hawkeye comic in their life! :rotfl

:exactly: :hi5:

I'm actually pretty obsessed with this figure, seems I look at the pictures at least once a day :slap :lol

If there isn't a bunch i'm interested in over the next few months i think i'll be getting this.

I might not have bought the Hulk were it for me not wanting the entire team. BW will be my first female figure. Not a big fan of joints, but even as much a I liked HE in the movie, he still would not have been purchase.

My feeling is HT knows this now and will definitely jump on it.

I am getting this Wolverine, because I currently don't have one and I know I'll be mad at myself for not getting it if they produce the rest of the team.

Back