Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

I hope they don't charge more for this than what they did for the Avatar figure.

Its not $20, but its close enough, and HT certainly does NOT look like it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-The-Avengers-Gamma-Strike-Hulk-Action-Figure/19529660

If that is 16 bucks, what is a fair price for the HT version? If what we see is the only thing we get?

The demand for a Hulk figure is alot bigger than that of a Jake Sully figure so don't be surprised if they do charge more.

True. But Jake Sully came with plenty of detailed accessories, some of them very small. Seems to me that Jake Sully was a figure that took more time and work for them to do and is more expensive to produce. We will have to wait and see what the Hulk comes with.

There's no doubt this will be a hard figure to pull off and so far he's only so-so for me, he looks really nice but since I collect action figures and not statues the production model will have to have much more articulation than is there at the moment, getting that articulation to look good is a big ask.

True. But Jake Sully came with plenty of detailed accessories, some of them very small. Seems to me that Jake Sully was a figure that took more time and work for them to do and is more expensive to produce. We will have to wait and see what the Hulk comes with.

I see what you're saying but Hulk is Hulk.:lol

Constipation.... like you've NEVER seen it before!

555670_400504250011571_1003960953_n.jpg

:hi5::hi5:

Did you see the gg bust? It's pretty damn cool too.

Indeed, the GG bust is awesome, I definitely want it. I this this HT figure looks great too, but if it's really nothing more than a glorified roto figure, then $180-$200 is about where I draw the line. HT's sculpt is perfect, the paint is stunning, but, the figure qualities aren't anything Diamond or oter companies couldn't achieve, Hulk is an example of ht sculpt and paint abilities but not figure making, and for what you'd get for your money, can't see spending more than $200.

I'd imagine this will not be Rotocast... the Sully was not so I could see this guy being a pretty hefty chunk of plastic.

I'm betting that this HULK is sporting some stand-in components. It's a display of the sculpture and some of the joint work they've accomplished thus far. I bet they're still working on how to engineer the sculpts for maximum articulation/aesthetics.

I don't know how a 20 buck Hasbro figure looks like.. But do they have the same details and paint apps as this figure? Because if so then I wonder how Hot Toys would justify their inevitable high price of this figure.

Yeah, Dude... 20 buck Hasbro figure has the EXACTLY paint app and details than a Hot Toys figures...

Even more, in some cases!

:cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back