Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is good to hear. I love Hot Toys, but always dread the likelyhood of a QC issue. I sure hope this is a great run for this Mark7 and we are all as pleased with ours as yourself Hotking.

Congratulations again:hi5:

Thanks Cyber7 and I have not heard of any QC problem for this guy yet and hope the good QC is the reason for Hot Toys delay on this guy.

That's why I don't mind Hulk being delayed hahaha. :pray:

Loki is not even due til around mid to late July in UK and he came out before VII. I personally am not expecting the VII til early/mid August

Really...that late!! :thud:

I really don't understand the how these figures are delayed by so much. I know QC and certain licensing takes time, but surely only a few weeks!!

The original release date for the Mark VII was April!

Dates fluctuate all the time, as a general rule I expect new releases 3-6 months from first release in Hong Kong. It can vary depending on popularity of the figure and other factors unknown to me.

I got a notification that the MK VII will be charged on June 24.It usually take four days to get here(Texas) Should have it by the 27th

Well I finally finished my faceplate mod, and cant wIt to try it on my Mark7 when I get it. I have a second faceplate I wil mod for my battle damaged Mark7, but I will wait until I have that figure so I can decide the best damage mods to do besides the eye mod.
I will get all my progress pics together and some pics of the supplies I used and maybe post a seperate thread like fellow member hokietwo suggested for those that want to mod theirs.

Impressive.

I'm just hoping for the WL conversion. I need the Mk VII for my Avengers group and I have a Koto Mk VII that I picked up in case the WL conversion doesn't pan out and it's killing me not to open it. :)

I'm just throwing this out there, but I can't believe how much the Tony Stark headsculpt has grown on me since OMG's pics. At first I reacted pretty much like everyone else:mad::gah::cuckoo: but as more pics started popping up, it just started looking better and better. Man, the wait is just getting harder and harder, especially since my iron man collection is growing by the day it seems. I need an HT iron man RIGHT NOW. So I'm gonna assume no one has any news whatsoever on the regular edition?

Well I finally finished my faceplate mod, and cant wIt to try it on my Mark7 when I get it. I have a second faceplate I wil mod for my battle damaged Mark7, but I will wait until I have that figure so I can decide the best damage mods to do besides the eye mod.
I will get all my progress pics together and some pics of the supplies I used and maybe post a seperate thread like fellow member hokietwo suggested for those that want to mod theirs.

Will you be offering faceplates like this up for sale down the line?

Would be wonderful Cyber. And thanks for the pics/posts to keep us up to date on the mods. Looks fantastic!

I haven't been keeping up with this (try to stay out of the Marvel section when I can these days), but is there a multiple shipment happening with this guy? My final flex is due in July, but I'm wondering is I should pay it off sooner, if they'll have it in stock sooner.

I would definately purchase a modified faceplate. As long as it doesn't go above $30

Are you saying $30 for someone to mod your face plate or pay $30 for a fully modded face plate?

Just curious, cause if a person buys one for the bay's prevailing rate for $20-$25 doll hairs there's not a wide margin there for someone's time to work on it. I am not speaking for Cyber in any way or not suggesting he wouldn't enjoy just making them. I'm pointing out the time/cost/effort in it is something to think about.

We are entering dx12 head/mouth piece territory........:rotfl

Wouldn't it be easier to cast the modded faceplate, at that point it's resculpted so it's not like its casting the original piece- that would prob be best

I appreciate that fellow members like my faceplate mod. I would like to be able to make more to sell, but I really do not have that kind of time to make them one by one. I may look into doing resin casting so I can make more faster, and offer them painted or unpainted.
I am not sure either way though at this point what I have time to do.

I appreciate that fellow members like my faceplate mod. I would like to be able to make more to sell, but I really do not have that kind of time to make them one by one. I may look into doing resin casting so I can make more faster, and offer them painted or unpainted.
I am not sure either way though at this point what I have time to do.

I've missed many pages of this thread, just haven't had time to go back through, but I'm just looking for a tutorial that you can put up. Hopefully with a bit of patience I can do this on my own. But if not, a casting sounds like a good idea.

Back