Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, that sculpt is pretty good. But seriously guys; if you aren't happy with Hot Toys' sculpt... don't buy it. Or just get the figure and put a custom head on it.

I don't see HT firing their sculptors due to bad feedback from collectors. While they are pretty good with updating sculpts, I think they're pretty happy with their staff.

Here is a spot-on head sculpt of Stark. Come on HT!

226721_468888459862061_1821807257_n.jpg

Is this HT Iron Man WIP? Best RDJ sculpt to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His eyes are dead on. That what makes the difference!

Anyone know if you can put a custom head on the neck attached to the extra head, or is it just one piece?

No. It's only an inch high!
In normal lighting, with normal shadows, it looks fine.
This is the SAME HEAD:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-figure...0315?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ac4ea77bb

Notice in the pic with shadows it looks good.
Don't panic.

Still doesn't do it for me lol. His right eye is popping out of his head in some of those pictures, and the Ryan Seacrest hair isn't helping anything. Even the proto has totally different hair than the final version does.

it's not the same, just look at the shape of the eyebrows. The blond hair one extends farther out. The crease of his cheek up to his nose is slightly different as well.

please post how this is done! Not really needed in detail but a rough idea in what materials you used to achieve your goal. I would like to know so I can get an idea of how to do some of my own mods and what will be needed.

please post how this is done! Not really needed in detail but a rough idea in what materials you used to achieve your goal. I would like to know so I can get an idea of how to do some of my own mods and what will be needed.

I haven't done it yet.
The second pic is a Photoshop image i did using one of OMG's images.
I am going to fill the circular hole and make a female vacform mould for the entire chest piece, and have them vacformed in clear plastic.
I will not add the triangle in any way on the piece. Just with masking. And i am also going to do a 5-pointed star chest RT.

Ahhh I see how you mean. That's a pretty good idea for that. I cant wait to see the results! that picture really makes me think the markVII looks amazing with a triangle RT

Ahhh I see how you mean. That's a pretty good idea for that. I cant wait to see the results! that picture really makes me think the markVII looks amazing with a triangle RT

Thanks.
I have two MKVIIs and a BD one on order, and plan on displaying the two MKVII side by side, one without the weapons pods and with the triangular chest piece.

Back