Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the build can be carried over though, Diecast doesnt add anything more then what plastic can do.

anyone saying otherwise has never seen a Bandai Gundam master grade/ perfect grade kit

Wasn't talking about the die cast material specifically, just talking about the build of the die cast series compared to the old plastic ones. I would totally prefer plastic if they get the articulation and bulk from the die cast armors working for it, which should be no problem for them.

Wasn't talking about the die cast material specifically, just talking about the build of the die cast series compared to the old plastic ones. I would totally prefer plastic if they get the articulation and bulk from the die cast armors working for it, which should be no problem for them.

that would be ideal imo, great articulation with none of the Diecast problems

I think I actually prefer plastic. Am I the only one?
Honestly, I find that the diecast is simply a matter of feel, and presentation at most...but honestly I'm really content with my plastic Mark VII. It's not just price, but I also feel diecast can be problematic. I mean I've held a diecast 1/6th figure before, and it felt pretty impressive. Though given some of the things mentioned, it can backfire. I still find nothing wrong with plastic besides the fading issues and maybe some stuff with articulation, though being able to do flying poses in dynamic stands is awesome.

The articulation isn't an issue with plastic neither is it an advantage of diecast. It's simply an advancement in the design of the figures from Hot Toys in the same way the Mark VII has superior articulation to the original Mark III. If they can bring the articulation they've made on the IP/WM 2.0 to plastic armors, I'll be very happy. :D

If I were to try to sell this along with War Machine Mk I to unload both at the same time, what would be a good price to let these go for, both displayed but still in excellent condition.

Probably $300 for this, not sure about War Machine Mk I. I would LOVE a War Machine Mk I for around retail though

Probably $300 for this, not sure about War Machine Mk I. I would LOVE a War Machine Mk I for around retail though

I kinda think 99.9% of collectors would want any out of production piece for original retail.

If I were to try to sell this along with War Machine Mk I to unload both at the same time, what would be a good price to let these go for, both displayed but still in excellent condition.

$300 for Mark VII and $350 for WM. I personally would go higher with WM. It's such an awesome piece visually compared to the MKII :lol but that's just me.

I kinda think 99.9% of collectors would want any out of production piece for original retail.

I think it's more 99.9% want it less than retail :lol

I hope HT releases a die-cast version of the mark VII with all the bells and whistles of the original release. I regretfully sold mine when it first came out. It's definitely my favorite red and gold armor.

Deliberated a long time between this one and Mark IV...almost thought I'd wait out a diecast version (either Mark III or in hopes of a IV or VII) but found a VII for an okay price, should have it this week.

Will need to swap faceplates although still a little confused as to whether it's the Workshop Accesories plate I want...(?)

Do I trust diecast? Not entirely. More concerned for durability than paint chipping...do I trust those rubber elbow joint covers on the plastic version? Not so much, but gonna take my chances.

And in the end, had to have it in-hand to see how I really feel about it.

Has anyone tried taking those arms apart??

Toyzstudio has a custom faceplate with smaller eye slits, then there's always the accessory pack as well.

I was going to get one but I think I will be selling my Mk7 so I opted not to.

Back