Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posts like this with pictures like that make me want to buy this figure... must resist I has no money (otherwise I would be asking you to sell it me!)

haha, thanks!!! much appreciated....
Figure is for sale still, price dropped. thx for your interest everyone! :hi5:

Plain vanilla shot. Reviving the feel when The Avengers first came out. :)

1015987_10153060739643362_7560323488124823160_o.jpg

View attachment 123534

New head on the right. Hot Toys should give every Mark VII buyer one of the new accessory kit helmets for free, along with an apology letter.

View attachment 123536

I got the new helmet from the accessory set yesterday. The difference is makes is staggering. I really liked my VII before...but now.....:love

View attachment 126482View attachment 126481View attachment 126480

Comparing the 2 Worshop revised helmets from differing post, I've been wondering why the first one posted doesn't have those 2 screws at the top of the faceplate painted while the in the second post's pics, they're painted black. I've been looking at some on ebay and they all seem to be painted black as well.

Anyone have one that isn't painted?

I'm hoping this one will get the diecast treatment soon, I'll definitely buy one then..., I purposely didn't buy it hoping there'd be a diecast version SO hopefully my gamble will pay off. lol ;)

lol :) Well to be honest I don't really need anymore Iron Man figures..., I do always want more though but if they stopped making them I'd be happy with the collection of suits I've got (& will have).

Is the workshop faceplate the same that comes in the iron man 3 mech test?

They're different helmets. You can tell the workshop Mark VII faceplate because it has the notch below the chin line, and different shaped eyes. The mech test Tony Stark has the Mark VI helmet (notch is above the chin line).

IMG_5699copy_zps6baf118e.jpg

hot-toys-tony-stark-work-desk-from-iron-man-3.jpg

How hard would it be to replace the red in a MKVII helmet with the same shade of black used in MKXX?

I was thinking of putting a black/gold MKVII on it to see how it looked, but i'm rather crap at painting.

They're different helmets. You can tell the workshop Mark VII faceplate because it has the notch below the chin line, and different shaped eyes. The mech test Tony Stark has the Mark VI helmet (notch is above the chin line).

IMG_5699copy_zps6baf118e.jpg

hot-toys-tony-stark-work-desk-from-iron-man-3.jpg

Yes the MMS191 Armor Test is a MKIV/VI appearance...with a fixed faceplate, MKVII neck socket and no light up (neither internal battery nor via light up neck).

The mouth slit and eyes are much better than the standard MKVII helmet...and it will fit a MKVII but not light up.

Why are the eye slits on the Mk7 so wide? I'm considering getting a custom faceplate with slimmer eyes. Would that be more movie accurate?

Yes, Barry! I've always wondered why they were so big on the stock plate and it just started bugging me when seeing other people's pictures haha. I found one custom for about $13, is it worth picking up?

Yes, Barry! I've always wondered why they were so big on the stock plate and it just started bugging me when seeing other people's pictures haha. I found one custom for about $13, is it worth picking up?

the one made by Holo? I finally got mine in this week, for $13 yeah thats a good deal

Back