Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since most of us will be paying almost $250 for this figure, we have the right to complain about what we don't like. There is no "if you don't like it, don't buy it" here because most of us want a MK7 for our collection and there isn't really any other options besides the Play Imaginative one.

So, I'll complain about what I don't like, other people will complain, we'll still end up buying it and only Hot Toys wins in the end.

I'll wait till I see it in person before I make any judgments. I don't know how many times I've been disappointed by proto & in hand pics only to be pleasantly surprised when in hand.

Since most of us will be paying almost $250 for this figure, we have the right to complain about what we don't like. There is no "if you don't like it, don't buy it" here because most of us want a MK7 for our collection and there isn't really any other options besides the Play Imaginative one.

So, I'll complain about what I don't like, other people will complain, we'll still end up buying it and only Hot Toys wins in the end.

I think it's not the complaining that people are saying "don't buy it" about, at least that's not why I'd say it in response to this. I just don't get why you'd buy something you don't want because of some sense of being "forced" to.

Just buy what you like, it's a lot less stressful.

:exactly:

Nobody wants to be told they spent 250 bucks on something that doesn't look good or that could have been made better. They want reassurance in their purchase and that it was the best decision to spend their money on it. Flowers and puppies.:)

As for feeling forced, this figure is part of a larger investment if people are collecting the avengers team. A critical piece at that. If you spend $2,000.00 on the avengers set, you have the right to critique.

It's easy to say buy what you like, but doing it with connected pieces as this is more difficult.

I think the blogger in-hand pictures turned out great and just made me more excited for the figure; its just been a long time waiting, the most i've ever waited for a collectible to date

I'm excited to get this and the BD version. I don't care about others opinions of this figure in hand or not.

I have 13 other IM armors, including both War Machines and Monger, and I love them all. I'm going to take that risk that I will like these 2 as much as the other 13.

And getting the PI version, that twice as much, ( I know you get a HOA with in ), is a risk and a sacrifice. You get no accessories, sacrifice. And the risk is, this is their first Iron Man. If you think its going to be perfect with their first attempt, good luck. Let me know how that works out for you.

Just buy what you like, it's a lot less stressful.
That drives a lot of my purchasing decisions. Sometimes I felt compelled because I don't want to end up missing out and having to pay exorbitant prices later on. Potential rising aftermarket value is another motivator. I always ask myself, "How does this compare to what's been and potentially going to be announced?" I passed over Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Thor knowing I'll be much happier with mos Superman, Silver Centurion, mark 42 & this. Nothing's worse than looking at your collection and thinking, " why did I get THIS?"

Ok I'm not gonna police this thread. I'm not a mod, but I do have a suggestion to make.

Those that have issues with this figure, you guys made your point. Lets not repeat ourselves every 3 posts. Yes, HTs probably goofed with the neck and head size, but it still looks pretty good, or the very least, decent.

Before someone responds with "we're paying premium prices, we better get something that isn't JUST decent", we're aware of that. But like i said, just let it be.

The item is out, there's no going back now. It's the way it is. Unfortunately.

Anyhow, how would the mkVI head look on the mkVII body?

I'm excited to get this and the BD version. I don't care about others opinions of this figure in hand or not.

I have 13 other IM armors, including both War Machines and Monger, and I love them all. I'm going to take that risk that I will like these 2 as much as the other 13.

And getting the PI version, that twice as much, ( I know you get a HOA with in ), is a risk and a sacrifice. You get no accessories, sacrifice. And the risk is, this is their first Iron Man. If you think its going to be perfect with their first attempt, good luck. Let me know how that works out for you.

Well this allows me to ***** all I want. :wink1:
46646AAF-28C4-4F27-B00C-07AB2B9888A8-1038-00000085EC4DB5A7_zps5cef817e.jpg

Back