Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would like to think so but I am not that guy. After all these ThatIsToo comments and galaxybreeze this and that I was checking the threads to find out what was going on.
Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. A guy Thatistooreal po'd 10 bd mk 7s and was sharing an ebay account
with a guy in HK under the ebay name Galaxybreeze and boasted about it.
2. He changed his ebay username on the boards and was caught by hokietwo.
3. The guy was banned.
4. He signed up under different names saying that all the stuff thatistooreal did was justified and ended up being banned also.

First of all, I AM NOT THATISTOOREAL. I have no associations with him at all. I don't know his friends, family, anything. People are hoping that I'm this guy and want to feel satisfied that they smoked him out again. I'm not him.
1. I hate selling stuff on ebay. Buyers are finicky and fees are too high.
2. Thatistooreal is a ********* for hoarding 10 of the bd mk7s to sell at a profit. That sucks especially since these were limited to the US. I po'd 1 and only one. I consider myself lucky to get one.
3. I hate scalpers. I see them every year at SDCC rolling away cases of stuff that would be better off in the hands of a collector. SDCC 2011, I wanted a Skystriker Starscream but it was sold out while scalpers had cases of the stuff being loaded into their vans.
4. I don't know anyone in HK and have never been there.
5. I'm a Hot Toys Collector just like all of you guys. I get excited over a po,consider cancelling it when something new comes along, wait for omg's pics to surface, get bummed out by blurry in hand pics then am amazed when I get it in hand.

I AM NOT THATISTOOREAL NOR HAVE I DONE BUSINESS AS GALAXYBREEZE or whatever else ebay id or any other alias he has used around here. I don't know him, his friends, anything.

But, if you think I'm being false and it makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and ban me. All I wanted to do was come in here and talk about what I was passionate about, what I love to collect, argue about Joker's socks or whatever. When people start to collect HT, they don't automatically gravitate to this site. When I found it, I was happy to find people that were as equally passionate about this geeky obsession as I am. Sorry about the long post but I just had to get it off my chest.

satisfied_clients.jpg

OT: 'Sounds like BR Joker has a special place in your collection, Jon Stark. With good reason, too; the TDK license was important in the timeline of HT's success, with BR Joker, in particular, seemingly starting a new, diligent approach to head sculpts. And, of course, when HT stepped up their game, 1/6 figures, as a whole, followed suit, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that BR Joker is an important figure in the timeline of this entire hobby. Food for thought. I know food is scarce on that side of the Wall.

Hey, guys, remember when the iron man mark vi was selling for 340 on eBay and is now selling up to 600 :O

Ughhhhhhhh I'm so mad! Like 2 weeks ago I got wait listed for the mark vii but I accidentally wait listed myself on the exclusive, exclusives are a little harder to be converted, aren't they?

OT: 'Sounds like BR Joker has a special place in your collection, Jon Stark. With good reason, too; the TDK license was important in the timeline of HT's success, with BR Joker, in particular, seemingly starting a new, diligent approach to head sculpts. And, of course, when HT stepped up their game, 1/6 figures, as a whole, followed suit, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that BR Joker is an important figure in the timeline of this entire hobby. Food for thought. I know food is scarce on that side of the Wall.
:clap The Wall comment :rotfl:rotfl
The BR Joker opened a world of possibilities for 1/6 collectibles and raised the stakes for a lot of companies. Before that the best I saw were SS Star Wars and various expensive customs. This was worlds above and beyond the v1 Joker that was released the same year. I went from collecting statues, McFarlane, Transformers, Star Wars, to collecting exclusively HTs.
BR Joker still holds up really well to this day. Non collectors have seen this and other HTs on my shelf and have appreciated the likenesses and were amazed by them. It's immensely satisfying and I owe it all to the BR Joker.:1-1:

I was just looking at my BBTS account and I preordered the Mark VII on July 30th, 2012.

At this rate it might just get here before an entire year has gone by. Maybe...

I want to jump on the waitlist but I just can't justify it without seeing some in-hand pics!

There's no commitment to the Wait List. You can always cancel it, right? It seems doubtful at this point that any Wait List would convert before we see the pics from OMG or other overseas people, right? I guess it could be a little bit of a risk, but it seems slight.

I hate scalpers. I see them every year at SDCC rolling away cases of stuff that would be better off in the hands of a collector. SDCC 2011, I wanted a Skystriker Starscream but it was sold out while scalpers had cases of the stuff being loaded into their vans.

Reminds me of.. everything else in the world. :lol

Relax guy. The Joker 2.0 was so damn hotter than this figure (I compare number of page in the thread :)) ), yet it hasn't sold out and is floating in Evil bay with somewhat reasonable price. So don't be hasty, just wait and see, there will be enough supply for everyone :)).

Hope so, but since there aren't any teaser given out i'm guessing next week :impatient:

Back