Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the movie and the fact there is no backpack or camera is a big let down. He had the pack pack throughout

This. I want them both included as well. It was a good film and after seeing it i'm considering ordering this but the lenses, colors and lack of good accessories is making it not seem worth the price.

:exactly: I loved the movie and the costume grows on you. That said, I'll hold off until release to see if items resolved.

If things change for the released item i may be in, but i'll be playing the wait and see game too.

:exactly: I loved the movie and the costume grows on you. That said, I'll hold off until release to see if items resolved.

Loved the suit from the moment it was teased and loved it even more when seeing it on the screen last night.

Holding off also until I can see that the gripes I have with it have been addressed or not.

Aslong as they fix the lenses then I can handle the colour of the suit if that does stay the same.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Would love to see HT get the eyes that sunglass reflective color/look. It's not yellow or orange like the teasers show but more metallic. Kind of a cross between the color of brass and bronze.

The Amazing Spider-Man Scores Record Tuesday Opening with $35 Million
by Edward Douglas
July 04, 2012

We hope all our readers in the United States are enjoying the 4th of July holiday today and certainly Sony Pictures must be pretty happy with the $35 million grossed by Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man in its opening day yesterday, including the $7.5 million from midnight screenings. $4 million of that amount is from the movie's IMAX 3D screenings.

That amount surpasses the previous Tuesday record of $27.8 million set and held by Michael Bay's Transformers exactly five years ago, and it's a promising start to what should be a strong week which could defy earlier expectations for the movie. :yess:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Would love to see HT get the eyes that sunglass reflective color/look. It's not yellow or orange like the teasers show but more metallic. Kind of a cross between the color of brass and bronze.

And even if the lenses do stay the same, I am sure there is a genius customiser here that can make some sort of decal possibly :dunno

They do, someone posted days ago a listing with gold. However I'm sure they will fix it, its not like they didnt address this problem with the Spiderman 3 figure.

Give this guy a belt like in the game and he will be fine its red all the way down to his crotch with nothing to give a waist thats messing him up

amazing%20spider%20man.jpg

Yea I guess they have a bit of a yellow tint to them

The eyes are not as yellow as what the figure shows. To me they looked metallic in the movie. I just came from seeing it. And is the lining black or dark blue? I can't tell. In the movie it's that solid dark blue color. NiCe! Forgive me for not checking all the pages here but will someone with knowledge on this update me. What's up with the head sculpt of Andrew Garfield? I wouldn't even consider this figure if you can't pose him unmasked. I'm sure HT will secure the likeness rights but anyone have an update for me? Thanks.

You keep saying this, but repeating it doesn't make it true.

They're reflective and change colour according to the lighting.

They were indeed a gold in the movie, but they were so reflective that the local lighting affected the color of the lenses significantly.
Reflective with just a hint of gold, most of the time.

Here is a sloppy photoshop demonstrating many of the things I would like changed. After doing this, the original looks downright frumpy.
T1ya1.jpg

Back