Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it actually looks like Maguire's mask with Garfield's body...I'll take it...I like the enormous spider logo on his chest

Hoping it's fake. :pray:

But just compared it to Maguire's costume, it's not a straight PS job, webs are different. So if it's not real it too a hell of a lot of work.

:monkey2

That looks really cool to me :D

Well each to their own Lawrence!
If Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 didn't exist, I would think it cool also.
I really loved that they did something new and more realistic in ASM.
I don't get the point in rehashing the same old stuff again (apart from putting $ in studios bank accounts).

and why would that be?

I think it looks fantastic
Because I have already seen it (over and over again).

Because I have already seen it (over and over again).

They're getting it from the same source material, there are differences to the Raimi costume in order to differentiate between the films, but at the end of the day, it's Spider-Man: He will be wearing red, blue, webbing, and a spider on the chest and back

but then, to each's own...I'm with Lawrence on this, it looks absolutely fantastic

I was thinking the reveal would have a bit more "buzz". Unless it's a leak, this feels like a random "out of the blue" reveal. Maybe it's fake.

They're getting it from the same source material, there are differences to the Raimi costume in order to differentiate between the films, but at the end of the day, it's Spider-Man: He will be wearing red, blue, webbing, and a spider on the chest and back

but then, to each's own...I'm with Lawrence on this, it looks absolutely fantastic

It's the raised webbing and screenprinted fabric that I have a problem with, it's a straight reversal to the old suit after such a cool narrative reveal in the first movie.

Yes, its red and blue and it's Spidey, but so was the first ASM suit.
And it brought something new to the table? Anyway, each to their own.

I was thinking the reveal would have a bit more "buzz". Unless it's a leak, this feels like a random "out of the blue" reveal. Maybe it's fake.
I thought it was fake when i saw it as well. And as I said i still hope it is. We know the eye is real, thats all. But it's a very detailed fake if it is. The webbing is not a direct cut and paste from Raimi's costume.

I think they have moved on. I think that is a PS job. I would be really surprised if that is the 'new' suit.

Probably something like this maybe?

Scarlet_Spider.jpg

spidermansmallnew.jpg

Just released, the new suit for ASM2.

Wow, now THAT is Amazing! :hi5::yess::clap

Looks much like Sam's suit but keep in mind this is only the top portion and we have yet to see the 3/4 of the suit. The eyes are spot on though.

Just released, the new suit for ASM2.

Wow, now THAT is Amazing! :hi5::yess::clap

Looks much like Sam's suit but keep in mind this is only the top portion and we have yet to see the 3/4 of the suit. The eyes are spot on though.

few pages back mate, but that looks good, love the eyes...hope he gets a belt line

If Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 didn't exist, I would think it cool also.
I really loved that they did something new and more realistic in ASM.
I don't get the point in rehashing the same old stuff again (apart from putting $ in studios bank accounts).

Yes, yes and yes. So far it's a sad story :monkey2

I always figured the first movie would feature a "proto-suit", something that would evolve into the more traditional costume. Glad I held off on the 1st HT version, and I can grab the new suit...sometime in 2016...

Back