Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree think its just case of fixing slight issues like the eyes and this will rock

Does his body seem a little too big? He looks a little too big I think.
As I said b4 seems that they use their worst body from T-800 figures.

lol I've been looking for them but they never went up.
Maybe they didn't bother to take hi res pics cause they don't want to show the sculpt up close
I tho I was the only one :lol:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2
Really wanted thos HR pics... Well mb it's a good sign.

Fix the DiCaprio eyes and the rest falls into place :lecture
Nope. The entire anatomy of the head is off.
IMM0 you must be really blind to think that the eyes and eyebrows are the only problems.
They are in Hawkeye case, but not here. The only good thing here is the presence of expression :dunno

To say it doesn't look at all like Hemsworth or that it's a perfect likeness of Dicaprio is kind of crazy.

I don't think anyone's calling it a perfect likeness of anything. It could just be one of those random faces they have problems capturing. The fact that it's a toss up for most of us is a clear indicator that HT still has some work to do. At least if they want to keep their reputation as the best collection of head sculptors in the biz.

People tend to exaggerate, especially when they are deeply invested. Many of us want nothing but success for HT but at this point they have to be able to field important criticism no matter where it's coming from or how it's delivered.

Afterall, I'm sure some companies would trade alot to get the kind of honest feedback from their customer base as HT does. Whenever they do make adjustments, the positive fan reaction outweighs the negative. People don't just expect good things from HT anymore... they expect mind-blowing, reality-bending things. If that's not an honor in and of itself, I don't know what to tell you.

In the official pics, it looks like the head is too small because the neck is sooooo long. If you look at the shoulders where the arms meet the body, it makes the head look too high. As if he has an E.T. neck.

E...LI...OT...

"Many of us want nothing but success for HT"...Really? That's not entirely accurate. Most people who buy these figs couldn't care less about HT as a company. But what they DO care about is having the most accurate representation of their favorite characters to put on their shelves and display. So yeah, they want success for HT but only because it will benefit THEM in the end. Let's not sugar-coat it.

Looks amazing. Huge upgrade from the first one. I'm not really a fan of the character tho, so pass. Waiting for Black Widow.

"Many of us want nothing but success for HT"...Really? That's not entirely accurate. Most people who buy these figs couldn't care less about HT as a company. But what they DO care about is having the most accurate representation of their favorite characters to put on their shelves and display. So yeah, they want success for HT but only because it will benefit THEM in the end. Let's not sugar-coat it.

It may not be accurate but at least that's how I feel. Depends on how much of a cynic you are. Uncreative people who haven't made anything by their own hands wouldn't be able to appreciate the effort. I'd like to think there are less of those who hang around here. Otherwise, I'd have to think most of us can respect the talent on display.

Now, here's a mock up of my display if they don't adjust the headsculpt:

attachment.php

It may not be accurate but at least that's how I feel. Depends on how much of a cynic you are. Uncreative people who haven't made anything by their own hands wouldn't be able to appreciate the effort. I'd like to think there are less of those who hang around here. Otherwise, I'd have to think most of us can respect the talent on display.

Now, here's a mock up of my display if they don't adjust the headsculpt:

attachment.php

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I just hope the sleeves are removable. looks good enough to me, did the best they could with the stupid costume.

Back