Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're not getting these before Christmas, if we get anyone after Hawkeye this year Avengers-wise, I will eat my hat. Or I would if I owned one....

So you still got time to pay.... which is good. I am holding off on several things just because I am afraid of a release-flood though. Which sucks, since I might miss out on things like this figure. But...

I will buy you a hat friend. BBTS has this feature that you can hold the products and they wont ship out to you until you are ready, cant remember the time frame or details but maybe you can check into that. Plus, they DONT charge cancel fees. Ill never PO from a place that does again. I am very limited to what I buy for figures based on my own tastes, but IMO CA was such a great character in the movie that I really feel he is a must. Hawkeye, Widow and Fury just arent that interesting to me and I dont get villain figures so Loki is out too, although he is awesome.

The shipping feature at BBTS is the "Pile of Loot" system where they'll hold all your purchases in their warehouse until you're ready for them to ship to you. It cuts down on shipping costs. However, I do believe that this only works for products that you have already bought (ie paid for).

I will buy you a hat friend. BBTS has this feature that you can hold the products and they wont ship out to you until you are ready, cant remember the time frame or details but maybe you can check into that. Plus, they DONT charge cancel fees. Ill never PO from a place that does again. I am very limited to what I buy for figures based on my own tastes, but IMO CA was such a great character in the movie that I really feel he is a must. Hawkeye, Widow and Fury just arent that interesting to me and I dont get villain figures so Loki is out too, although he is awesome.

The shipping feature at BBTS is the "Pile of Loot" system where they'll hold all your purchases in their warehouse until you're ready for them to ship to you. It cuts down on shipping costs. However, I do believe that this only works for products that you have already bought (ie paid for).

Thats true, if you PO something you still have to pay for it when it arrives in their warehouse but they will hold it until you want it to ship.

The time frame for the pile of loot is six months they will hold it from your first purchase with the feature activated this should cover the six months ill be gone from home and im shipping the 4 preorders like a month before i arrive back that way they just dont sit in the post office

I went ahead and just PO'd Hulk but not with a fee if I cancel, which I might. It is pretty damn annoying that there are so many being released around the same time. Christmas is a crappy time to push figures out. Glad I limit myself or I'd be broke.

:yess:

Btw - The Hulk is slated as a March 2013 release. Also known as tax refund season too. :wink1:

Thats true, if you PO something you still have to pay for it when it arrives in their warehouse but they will hold it until you want it to ship.

Okay gotcha, sorry and thank you for clarifying that! Yikes Im glad someone knew the details. I guess it's not really too helpful then unless you are using the item as a gift or something.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we got any other Avenger before Christmas. I think Hawkeye will be it to close out the year.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we got any other Avenger before Christmas. I think Hawkeye will be it to close out the year.

I hope so, there is no real excuse now if the photo reviews are starting to show up...doesn't this mean that the stock is out there? My email from SSC told me 15th of November, and I am confident that I will see it about a week after that...even with working in a three and a half day hold-over in Paris, which all my figures seem to do these days!

It would be great if Cap:A closes out the year by appearing in December and after a three month bump last time he was delayed should be more than enough.

Last edited:
I spy Cap's box...:panic:

247976_10151220486276418_1315177113_n.jpeg

I haven't POed yet. was going to until the flourish if TDKR stuff. I am definitely considering POing though just b/c he's selling out just like most of the Avengers figures from HT

I have this one on PO and I cannot wait to display him with my WWII Cap. If the unmasked sculpt is a knock-out I'm going to be putting it on the WWII version :yess:

After watching The Avengers about six times over three days, I'm getting antsy to get this in-hand. I certainly hope it shows up in Dec. I've had him on pre-order for what feels like ages.

I will be posting picture of my Wake-up Steve Rogers/Captain America custom soon. The parts will consists of;

Steve Rogers - Wake Up Custom
Hot Toys
TFA Captain America
Neck, body, foot pegs, stand
Rescue Exclusive
Head, shoes
Indiana Jones
Pants
True Type
Hands, wrist pegs

Non HT
Custom Training t-shirt

Hey Dollmanron,

Is this from the end of the cap movie!? I am trying to do this too on the cheap! Using a narrow shoulder TrueType, knock off cap head, Indy pants, cheap shoes, and I bought a cool custom SSR t shirt off eBay! Yours sounds better. Can't wait for pics! Mine so far. Waiting on pants and shoes!
View attachment 52369

Back