Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed good :D Articulated too, but my only problem is i can't bend his legs to much like on a splitting position coz of his pants restricts it

He is an amazing figure. Really like the colors of the suit. He looks very accurate to the movie but his suit is very restrictive but I am happy overall. I have mine next to the Keaton Batman. They look great together.

It took me a while (probably the longest since I started collecting HT), but I finally found a pose for Cap which I'm truly happy with!! :rock :rock

I used this concept art as inspiration:

Complete-Avengers-Poster..png

8581515837_1da6ed88f8_b.jpg

8582615554_9d0e4dcbc8_b.jpg

8582614624_66b99c9267_b.jpg

8581512815_da4b779695_b.jpg

And some group shots of my Avengers. I also have the Nick Fury figure, but I didn't put him in the pic. Just the main guys for now!

8581520071_95c70abb3b_b.jpg

8582617774_88999b9726_b.jpg

Nice pose, had mine since Wednesday and he is a fantastic figure.
Mines temporarily on a shelf (until bedroom is decorated and i get a detolf) to the side of the tv in the living room and it keeps distracting me from whatever im watching

Whenever you guys are having a bad shield day, be happy you aren't this guy!
1626_10100955977525226_17395922_n.jpg

He simply wiped the dust off with a cloth and this happened. It's clear that it's the red paint that they use. Seeing as it's an issue on the IM figures as well. They need to pick out a better red paint. :dunno

This happened with a soft dry cloth?

I'd strip the rest off and go for this:
PHliJZtaz7uHou_1_m.jpg

Sadly the star is embossed.

Getting mine today! :yess:

But I still don't know what to do about the shield issue..?

More worryingly if they can't make a shield that doesn't paint chip then how are they going to pull it off on diecast figure?

It took me a while (probably the longest since I started collecting HT), but I finally found a pose for Cap which I'm truly happy with!! :rock :rock

I used this concept art as inspiration:

Complete-Avengers-Poster..png

8581515837_1da6ed88f8_b.jpg

8582615554_9d0e4dcbc8_b.jpg

8582614624_66b99c9267_b.jpg

8581512815_da4b779695_b.jpg

And some group shots of my Avengers. I also have the Nick Fury figure, but I didn't put him in the pic. Just the main guys for now!

8581520071_95c70abb3b_b.jpg

8582617774_88999b9726_b.jpg

Cool set of pics! I like the poses and display! :clap

I really love this Hot Toy, and I don't regret buying it for a second, but I would have to say that the method for changing the hands is very poor.
The size of the holes in the hands vary greatly; the pair that it has attached in the box pop off too easily; meanwhile the other hands (primarily the one designed to grip the shield) is nearly impossible to attach, the hole is far too small. I'm tempted to attempt to replace the ball joints all together.
Also, the Chituari gun barely fits on over the gauntlet, and I can see it bending the edge of a gauntlet a little.

Has anyone else had this problem with changing appendages? This is my first Hot Toy purchase.

Silly question for those who coated the shield to protect the paint.

Its done by spraying right? and not hand painting?

Still new at this modding stuff =)

I really love this Hot Toy, and I don't regret buying it for a second, but I would have to say that the method for changing the hands is very poor.
The size of the holes in the hands vary greatly; the pair that it has attached in the box pop off too easily; meanwhile the other hands (primarily the one designed to grip the shield) is nearly impossible to attach, the hole is far too small. I'm tempted to attempt to replace the ball joints all together.
Also, the Chituari gun barely fits on over the gauntlet, and I can see it bending the edge of a gauntlet a little.

Has anyone else had this problem with changing appendages? This is my first Hot Toy purchase.

Are you heating hands before attempting to plug them on?

Welcome to the MMS madness! :wave

Back