Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what exactly is the issue with the chipping?

Is HT using bad quality paint?

Or did they just not put a proper finishing coat?

Also to actionfiguremovies and El-Vi-Riachi, could you guys post some pics to show how the shield looks like after the coating? Ans maybe post a guide for how we could do the same?

There are pics in this thread, just need to go back a little bit.

El's Semi-gloss:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5332235&postcount=3924

I tried Dullcoat:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5362866&postcount=4019

El's repaint thread has more pictures and info:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123576

I'm really liking the dull coat but the semi looks pretty good to. Not sure if I want to buy a separate shield or use the one that I have but I definitely want to change the look of the clean shield. Looks neat but inaccurate in my opinion.

Cap gets here Thursday. Both the semi and dullcoat look very nice. Decisions, decisions. I want to paint the shield sooner rather than later to get a jump on the chipping/peeling issue. Which one is more movie-accurate, I'm having a hard time telling?

I will post some pics when I attempt the full gloss coat again, my last attempt did not work and it ran the paint on the shield. Going to semi gloss it first this time as a protective coat then a full gloss. I will post results.

Cap gets here Thursday. Both the semi and dullcoat look very nice. Decisions, decisions. I want to paint the shield sooner rather than later to get a jump on the chipping/peeling issue. Which one is more movie-accurate, I'm having a hard time telling?

I personally think both look great and quite similar, can't go wrong with either really

so if I want to do the dull coat, what's the best way to do it (1 or 2 coats? any prep work) and can anyone recommend a certain paint brand?

Coz Thor's a demi god?

Slightly OT, but....

Strange that people use that term for Thor. "Demi-god" refers usually to humans with one divine parent, Characters such as Perseus and Heracles, both of whom had Zeus as their father but to different human females, are many in the world of Greek mythology. Didn't even Alexander the Great openly encourage people to believe that he was an ancestor of such divine lineage?

This is not the case with Thor though.

Still, MY Thor is now hopefully being loaded onto a FEDEX truck and may even be on his way out of the door by now!

Now back to Cap:A.....Sorry!

My Cap is being delivered between 13.30-14.30 today, just gotta hope the missus is home to sign for it.
on my lunch break now coming up with a good excuse to her for it suddenly showing up on the doorstep !!!

And the flag is never supposed to touch the ground...

:horse

It was being used as a display base and has since changed since then a couple times to the point of not being used anymore as Hawkeye came and more Avengers are coming in. I was in no way disrespecting the flag as I am ex-military myself. Let's leave it be. :flag

:horse

It was being used as a display base and has since changed since then a couple times to the point of not being used anymore as Hawkeye came and more Avengers are coming in. I was in no way disrespecting the flag as I am ex-military myself. Let's leave it be. :flag

Anyone that was actually offended by Cap:A being set-up on the flag needs to seriously get real. It was a harmless display option which has been changed, and already apologised for. How about we give the guy a break?

Besides which...

I saw it as more of a display of an all-encompassing patriotic backdrop for the Cap, being surrounded totally by US colours...when you think about (if you even bothered to think about it) the character of Captain America being surrounded from head-to-toe in the colours of Ol' Glory :flag would fit him perfectly.

And not something meant to offend.

Anyone that was actually offended by Cap:A being set-up on the flag needs to seriously get real. It was a harmless display option which has been changed, and already apologised for. How about we give the guy a break?

Besides which...

I saw it as more of a display of an all-encompassing patriotic backdrop for the Cap, being surrounded totally by US colours...when you think about (if you even bothered to think about it) the character of Captain America being surrounded from head-to-toe in the colours of Ol' Glory :flag would fit him perfectly.

:exactly::goodpost:

Besides which...

:clap :goodpost:

Ya know technically the bottom of a display case is not the ground. The ground is where the owner/collector of the figure is standing. The bottom of the case is several feet up from that. So no harm no foul and a Great Display.

Thanks mate!

Are all these coats confirmed to lock in the colours? Or will they still be ruined over time?

Cheers!

I asked this several posts back and was just curious if someone more knowledgeable than me in the paint department could help me out -

so if I want to do the dull coat, what's the best way to do it (1 or 2 coats? any prep work) and can anyone recommend a certain paint brand?

Thanks for the help (I'll need it).

The Cap has arrived and he looks great!! Don't have much time to mess with him now, but tomorrow I will a bit. He looks very well done!

Back