Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why is the center dome of the crown on the first version a peak at the front but its more rounded on the actual p2 head and the new version, the first p2 release you cannot see its eyes unless you pull the head right back and revealings its true uglyness like the first picture but again thats not a problem on the new one

The only un-deniable truth about the first release was that its mandibles are better. You can pro-and con the rest all day long.
My god. I sure am glad you don't work for Hot Toys. We'd end up with figures even less accurate than their already incredibly inaccurate ones. :slap

The head on the old figure is more accurate. It's clear as day. The new head sculpt simply doesn't look like P2. It's just another Classic/Snake head with added details (which are still off) unique to the specific predator.

Absolutely terrible likeness.

new_ht_06.jpg

predator2_2.jpg

The only benefit of the new figure is the increased intricacy and detail. Shame they can't put that towards accuracy.

My god. I sure am glad you don't work for Hot Toys. We'd end up with figures even less accurate than their already incredibly inaccurate ones. :slap
Id like to have a debate with you one day when you dont turn in to a tosser and turn to insults rather than retorting with facts about the matter at hand. I dont feel that day will ever come though.

When i had a classic Predator i used to use his left hand (the flat fingered one he usually uses while his gauntlet is open) and i could get him to hold the skull trophy between his thumb and fore finger on that hand. Im pretty sure it could be wedged in to that hand on this too if its the same hand only modded

Cool then can possibly get the spear and skull pose from movie... ON the other note I'm totatly new to collecting the preds this year . I love the new hs and let you guys back to which one is better . I dont care for the old sculpts yellow paint aps and love this one and cant wait to finaly have some preds in my collection... p1 ,p2 and scar and noland may have to grab sometime also......

Id like to have a debate with you one day when you dont turn in to a tosser and turn to insults rather than retorting with facts about the matter at hand. I dont feel that day will ever come though.
Your ignorant posts tend to piss me off. You can expect what you deserve. :dunno

As for using actual facts when debating with you, every time you pop in and spread your repulsive hate for Prometheus like an immature child, I've responded with nothing but facts to counter your outlandish claims. Then you stop replying. :lol

Have there been any decent comparison pics between this and the old one? Just wondering if its really worth having two of the same 'unique' character in my collection. If there's a big improvement I'll probably go for it, but before there are a good number of in hand pics then I don't know :gah: I suppose I'll just have to hope it doesn't go out of stock if I decide to get it :thud:

I love your avatar and sig Xeno!!! :hi5:

Hey everyone
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet
But I don't think this figure is completely accurate
(sarcasm lol)

Doesn't this figure "defeat the purpose" of all that is Hot Toys. I mean there is a reason why we pay the $$$ for these figures.

Whether or not it defeats the purpose is completely subjective. All I expect is coolness and tehnical quality. Long as I get it, I'm good.

*waits for the inevitable retort from P. about what I should be thinking about when spending my own money*

The head on the old figure is more accurate. It's clear as day. The new head sculpt simply doesn't look like P2. It's just another Classic/Snake head with added details (which are still off) unique to the specific predator.

Absolutely terrible likeness.

new_ht_06.jpg

predator2_2.jpg

The only benefit of the new figure is the increased intricacy and detail. Shame they can't put that towards accuracy.

I completely disagree! 100% likeness....no I give you that. Terrible likeness...you need to change your Avatar to one with eyes so you can see clearer. Such overexaggeration is most taxing. :thud:

Yeah it was sarcasm lol

Just seems every time I come into this thread to hopefully read some positives about this figure all I seem to read is how it's not accurate for some very minor reason
It's been well established that there are people unhappy with it
But majority of these people expressed it months ago.
I personally think it's a great representation of the P2 predator and can't wait to display it next to my custom classic predator
Personally I think if it was possible to shrink the original costume down to 1/6 people on here would still ***** that it's inaccurate for some reason or another

But hey
Haters gonna hate

Thing is with the City Hunter when you look at him, it's like your looking at an old friend. His face clearly recognisable from the original jungle hunter even though they are both an alien race, and not just colour, it's a different hunter completely.

Any hardcore predator fan worth their salt could tell you the differences between them. The main one being how the mandibles rest on the face.

Fear not though, this doesn't seem a problem just specific to toys. Paul Anderson tried and failed spectacularly , The brothers Strause tried and failed , most toy company's including hot toys have tried and failed....

This means Stan Winston was actually a God.

I also have a slight hunch that a lot of Predator fans these day's were not actually around for the originals, hence why they are probably not fussed that this doesn't look like City Hunter and also mention AVP in the same breath as Predator....

I know it's far from perfect
But that's what have been given
No point constantly complaining about it
It's not like HT will change it if we complain enough
I can understand where people are coming from though
I'm 33 years old and have been a fan of this franchise since I was like 8 lol
And used to watch predator 2 on a daily basis lol
And yeah first thing I noticed was the sculpt didn't look right
But that's HT for ya
And they don't look like they're about to change
Because people are still gonna buy them
It is BS that HT got that gay scar predator accurate and not this
Was a bit annoyed about that
Coz I am not a fan of the AVP movies

by buying this figure ,then hot toys will just keep making inaccurate figures and sh.t paint jobs ,
make a stand now and maybe the 1/4 predator 2 will be king!

*waits for the inevitable retort from P. about what I should be thinking about when spending my own money*
after you answered Riddick's comment about what being a fan means by "i spend my money and shut up" there's nothing to add :D
spending money became an issue for you, but it's nobody's business, not mine or his or whatever.
...though by the way i spend several times more money on predators, so in your system of judgement i can say whatever i want :D
make a stand now and maybe the 1/4 predator 2 will be king!
i'd wait for 1/4 predators because these ones are not 1/6, they are 1/8 by their height. so 1/4 predators from HT would be actually 1/6.
but it's not an option for me because i don't have old P1 and P2 sculpts in 1/4 )

Last edited:
Back